• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Arsenal v Manchester Utd | March 10, 2019 16:30 GMT | Sky Sports

What will the result be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
I'm delighted with the win and the effort all players put in. Even though Auba struggles in attack at times,he cleared our box at corners! Laca was a beast snd Kola is really good when playing further forward. A shout out to Leno who I thought looked a bit soft early on but he's been coming into his own lately. Laca and Sokratis will be a big miss on Thursday but that's for another thread. Happy to be a Gooner tonight.

Lakersgooner24

Established Member
There was a spell during the middle part of the match (latter part of the 1st half to the middle part of the 2nd) where we were under fire and it felt as if we were losing control of the match, but we rode it out very well. Thought Emery needed to make changes there as we couldn't keep possession and United brought wave after wave, but we fortunately came out of it unscathed. Overall, not a vintage performance, but one we'll gladly take as it could have easily gone the other way on a different night.

Laca and Leno my co-MOTM. Both were equally instrumental in their roles in attack and defense respectively. Sokratis and AMN were also great in defense, some wary passes notwithstanding. Kola was a nice outlet down the left hand side, linking up nicely on several occasions to spark an attack.

Nice goal from Xhaka, with both he and Ramsey putting in decent shifts. Still not convinced with Auba taking the pens (prefer the "put your laces through it" style rather than the trying to be clever method, especially when his run up is so basic and doesn't try to put the keeper off balance with a stutter), but hopefully it brings some confidence back into his game.

Emery has also been solid in big matches. Only City and Liverpool (who are not our immediate rivals atm) have gotten the better of us in head-to-heads in our matches against the top 6. We've gotten the better of Spuds and United and matched Chelsea. So between our immediate Top 4 rivals in Chelsea, United and Spuds, we've come out positive.

Top 4 is in our hands now considering our remaining fixtures compared to our rivals. We should aim for the third spot as it is in our grasp. It would be hilarious to see us have another St. Totteringham's Day when all the talk was about how Sp**s were in the title race only several weeks back.

Last edited:

blaze_of_glory

I think he looked poor because of the same reasons Bellerin loons poor - there’s a clear lack of defensively support on the at side.

Kola has Xhaka, who has been very good poaitionally recently, and Monreal, who knows how to play the LB roles, AMN has Ramsey and Sok.

Not only that, Rashford is pulling out onto that side which doubles or even triples the personnel he has to deal with.
Thought he improved in the second half, to be fair.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Another big game masterclass from Emery. Even with the useless officials who could have easily screwed us over and believe me they tried, we produced yet another big performance. Maybe the big sides will start to hate playing us again, we're a different animal in these type of games now.

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

Another big game masterclass from Emery. Even with the useless officials who could have easily screwed us over and believe me they tried, we produced yet another big performance. Maybe the big sides will start to hate playing us again, we're a different animal in these type of games now.

I like that, different animal. We showed a lot of c*nt today as well which I liked tbf, going down a bit easy, some tactical fouls, slowing the game down. Was enjoyable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom