• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Raul Sanllehi has left Arsenal

Eduardo_da_Silva

...and I was just thinking moments earlier how we might pull another croatian job and sign Dinamo's golden spanish boy Olmo

The level Olmo is playing at is absolutely incredible. I would take him instead of Suarez as Ramsey replacement straight away. Phenomenal dribbler that can play anywhere in the midfield, has an eye for goal and his passing is very good which is expected considering his La masia origins.

He has unusual level of calmness and ability to make right decisions when they need to be made, and has that aura of being focal point of this team ( who are in general performing beyond any expectations).

Also a great down to earth type of guy who made a decision to come to Dinamo knowing it would be the best thing for his career even when everybody laughed at him. Hard worker, model professional and who ever buys him is in for a treat.

Btw Dinamo Zagreb has so many exciting players coming to the spotlight that even I cant comprehend it. Šunjić, Petković, Moro, Gojak already playing at top level and Dinamo u19 team lead by Čuže, Gvardiol, Horkaš and especially Marin eliminating Liverpool yesterday to reach quarter final of Youth Champions league.

Why Arsenal never exploited this pool of phenomenal talents during the last 15 years will never be clear to me. Hopefully Monchi changes this.

yybecause

Formerly known as ArsenaLover
The level Olmo is playing at is absolutely incredible. I would take him instead of Suarez as Ramsey replacement straight away. Phenomenal dribbler that can play anywhere in the midfield, has an eye for goal and his passing is very good which is expected considering his La masia origins.

He has unusual level of calmness and ability to make right decisions when they need to be made, and has that aura of being focal point of this team ( who are in general performing beyond any expectations).

Also a great down to earth type of guy who made a decision to come to Dinamo knowing it would be the best thing for his career even when everybody laughed at him. Hard worker, model professional and who ever buys him is in for a treat.

Btw Dinamo Zagreb has so many exciting players coming to the spotlight that even I cant comprehend it. Šunjić, Petković, Moro, Gojak already playing at top level and Dinamo u19 team lead by Čuže, Gvardiol, Horkaš and especially Marin eliminating Liverpool yesterday to reach quarter final of Youth Champions league.

Why Arsenal never exploited this pool of phenomenal talents during the last 15 years will never be clear to me. Hopefully Monchi changes this.

first of all: Olmo.
you know I am croatian, but I haven't really watched him in a while, as I dont watch our league, and EL games I keep missing cause of Arsenal playing same time.
that said, It's been over a year I keep telling my friends to keep eye on him cause first time I saw him that was it.
kif literally had it all, with his personality being the best part. I was surprised he wasnt sold last summer already, but this summer he's gone and he's gone for the big money and big club.
Really think we'll be closely considering him.

I dont think there is much to say about Dinamo's academy. No european club has a better one, only on pair with them.
I feel bad for them cause they built a superb academy and are finally a solid European club, the future is so bright for them, but you know I feel sorry because of the way they got there. Cause it would be such a great story for our **** country, but this way it just proves we deserve all that crap that is going in Croatia, and much more

last thing you said in your post you alresda answered to urself. why cant we produce so many talents, or st st le give them mote chances.
you answered it by saying how smart Olmo was to choose smaller league to become better player.
top clubs in EL can produce a youngster per season, if that. we are talking about young player actually getting regular minutes every now and then, not odd 7 minutes every month.

I actually think we did quiet well on that front, cause we still managed to finish the season and say; there was one one young player who became a first teamer this season. in recent years we had Bellerin, Holding, Iwobi. I think we all expected Niles to be the one this season, buy there is still time. at least Matteo showed up...

what I am trying to say it is hard for big clubs, cause those kids either need to be super special, or have a good loan which is always hard to find cause noone is loaning a player to work on him, but to use him when they really need him.

that is why more and more we see, and lot more coming, young players rejecting loans and actually asking to leave permanently from big clubs, just as more and more of them wont even sign for a big club in the first place before they are ready.

I might be wrong, but what big club actually produces youngsters regulary? in the top league? there are some, but they will never be able to do it at percentage that Dinamo, Anderlecht or Ajax do, understandably

Eduardo_da_Silva

first of all: Olmo.
you know I am croatian, but I haven't really watched him in a while, as I dont watch our league, and EL games I keep missing cause of Arsenal playing same time.
that said, It's been over a year I keep telling my friends to keep eye on him cause first time I saw him that was it.
kif literally had it all, with his personality being the best part. I was surprised he wasnt sold last summer already, but this summer he's gone and he's gone for the big money and big club.
Really think we'll be closely considering him.

I dont think there is much to say about Dinamo's academy. No european club has a better one, only on pair with them.
I feel bad for them cause they built a superb academy and are finally a solid European club, the future is so bright for them, but you know I feel sorry because of the way they got there. Cause it would be such a great story for our **** country, but this way it just proves we deserve all that crap that is going in Croatia, and much more

last thing you said in your post you alresda answered to urself. why cant we produce so many talents, or st st le give them mote chances.
you answered it by saying how smart Olmo was to choose smaller league to become better player.
top clubs in EL can produce a youngster per season, if that. we are talking about young player actually getting regular minutes every now and then, not odd 7 minutes every month.

I actually think we did quiet well on that front, cause we still managed to finish the season and say; there was one one young player who became a first teamer this season. in recent years we had Bellerin, Holding, Iwobi. I think we all expected Niles to be the one this season, buy there is still time. at least Matteo showed up...

what I am trying to say it is hard for big clubs, cause those kids either need to be super special, or have a good loan which is always hard to find cause noone is loaning a player to work on him, but to use him when they really need him.

that is why more and more we see, and lot more coming, young players rejecting loans and actually asking to leave permanently from big clubs, just as more and more of them wont even sign for a big club in the first place before they are ready.

I might be wrong, but what big club actually produces youngsters regulary? in the top league? there are some, but they will never be able to do it at percentage that Dinamo, Anderlecht or Ajax do, understandably

I was actually referring to Arsena not buying players from Dinamo ( Eduardo aside ) because we had the chance to bring lot of players that became really good afterwards and were affordable at the time.

Beksl

Sell All The Youngsters
I was actually referring to Arsena not buying players from Dinamo ( Eduardo aside ) because we had the chance to bring lot of players that became really good afterwards and were affordable at the time.

Apart from Modrić, Mandzukić and maybe Kovačić which other players from Dinamo are/were Arsenal level quality?

Eduardo_da_Silva

Brozović, Kramarić, Brekalo, Jedvaj, Vrsaljko, Lovren, Čorluka, Badelj, Benković,Rog.

All players Arsenal could have used well at the time. Its hard to talk about how their careers would have developed, but all of them top talents with high ceilings at the time of their sale.

Beksl

Sell All The Youngsters
Brozović, Kramarić, Brekalo, Jedvaj, Vrsaljko, Lovren, Čorluka, Badelj, Benković,Rog.

All players Arsenal could have used well at the time. Its hard to talk about how their careers would have developed, but all of them top talents with high ceilings at the time of their sale.

I strongly disagree, those are all midtable, EL players.

Eduardo_da_Silva

Lets agree to disagree. if I had to choose Brozović or El Nenny, Vrsaljko or Jenkinson, Čorluka or Mustafi, I know who my pick would be. But than again thats just me. And those EL players just won second place in the world cup, guess that makes them unworthy of Arsenal, current contestant of Europa League.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
Some are, some are not. Vrsaljko could've been used here, Halilovic was decent talent but not managed properly, Lovren and Brozovic would do better than many of our players that we've had over the years.
Their pool talent is not debatable.

squallman

Still Pining for Wenger
Is anyone else apprehensive about Raul?

I mean Barcelona weren't exactly sensible in the transfer market. Neymar's deal was fishy. Coutinho a giant waste of money.

Did he also buy Malcolm?

Its a spotty at best transfer history with more than a few exorbitant fees. We can't afford to waste money on the wrong players.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
Is anyone else apprehensive about Raul?

I mean Barcelona weren't exactly sensible in the transfer market. Neymar's deal was fishy. Coutinho a giant waste of money.

Did he also buy Malcolm?

Its a spotty at best transfer history with more than a few exorbitant fees. We can't afford to waste money on the wrong players.

He's not picking/scouting the players (he didn't do that at Barca either).

Toby

No longer a Stuttgart Fan
Some are, some are not. Vrsaljko could've been used here, Halilovic was decent talent but not managed properly, Lovren and Brozovic would do better than many of our players that we've had over the years.
Their pool talent is not debatable.

They do have a good talent but, but let's not overrate them. I have tons of Croation friends so I follow their NT regularly, and they have always clearly lacked deep squad quality. Brozovic, Vrsaljko are pretty much EL quality. Halilovic wasn't managed wrong, he was never as talented as initially thought and then just didn't have the proper mentality.

With Croatia it's really Modric, Mandzukic, Rakitic who are absolute, consistent top quality. Then there's the group of Rebic, Kovacic, perisic, past Lovren who are certainly quality but not the absolute top shelf. Everything else is pretty much EL quality or lower.

Beksl

Sell All The Youngsters
Lets agree to disagree. if I had to choose Brozović or El Nenny, Vrsaljko or Jenkinson, Čorluka or Mustafi, I know who my pick would be. But than again thats just me. And those EL players just won second place in the world cup, guess that makes them unworthy of Arsenal, current contestant of Europa League.

I guess we agree, they're not starting quality but they could do a job from the bench like many others. I'll pass.

Second place is a great achievemnt but national football is a whole different ball game where overachieving is a lot more often.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
They do have a good talent but, but let's not overrate them. I have tons of Croation friends so I follow their NT regularly, and they have always clearly lacked deep squad quality. Brozovic, Vrsaljko are pretty much EL quality. Halilovic wasn't managed wrong, he was never as talented as initially thought and then just didn't have the proper mentality.

With Croatia it's really Modric, Mandzukic, Rakitic who are absolute, consistent top quality. Then there's the group of Rebic, Kovacic, perisic, past Lovren who are certainly quality but not the absolute top shelf. Everything else is pretty much EL quality or lower.
Majority of them will come through the ranks of Dinamo, it is still elite academy and talent factory and it gets better every year.
It's not that every player needs to be world class, sometimes you just need some cheep squad players and guys like Vrsaljko and Brozovic come in handy there with good resale value if you don't need them anymore.
Compare that to what we have and what we've paid for squad players than you soon realise that we should send scouts more often there.

Toby

Majority of them will come through the ranks of Dinamo, it is still elite academy and talent factory and it gets better every year.
It's not that every player needs to be world class, sometimes you just need some cheep squad players and guys like Vrsaljko and Brozovic come in handy there with good resale value if you don't need them anymore.
Compare that to what we have and what we've paid for squad players than you soon realise that we should send scouts more often there.

Yeah, I said they have good talent but to just not overrate them. It's not like they're producing the number and calibre of talents e.g. France does and have a NT filled to the brim with worldclass players, like some almost made it sound like.

yybecause

Formerly known as ArsenaLover
oh sorry man, my bad. Probably missed s line there :)

as I said I dont really follow croatian league and news, is/was there any stronger rumor abut Olmo's next destination?

Eduardo_da_Silva

Yeah, I said they have good talent but to just not overrate them. It's not like they're producing the number and calibre of talents e.g. France does and have a NT filled to the brim with worldclass players, like some almost made it sound like.
France have 65 milion people. They also have their former colonies wit endless pool of players. Croatia have 4. Please dont underestimate our football culture and the best year of my life football wise. If you want I can get the numbers for You but the quantity of Croatian players playing in top tier football is astonishing. Calling Brozovic EL player, or saying Croatia have ONLY four top class players in the NT is ridiculous. There isnt a team out there who have 11 phenomenal players, and team is only strong as its weakest link.

Eduardo_da_Silva

oh sorry man, my bad. Probably missed s line there :)

as I said I dont really follow croatian league and news, is/was there any stronger rumor abut Olmo's next destination?
Nothing thats serious, Milan, Real and Barca in contention, but actually I think he is a Monchi type of buy. Wouldnt be surprised ife brought him in for 25 milion.

Toby

France have 65 milion people. They also have their former colonies wit endless pool of players. Croatia have 4. Please dont underestimate our football culture and the best year of my life football wise. If you want I can get the numbers for You but the quantity of Croatian players playing in top tier football is astonishing. Calling Brozovic EL player, or saying Croatia have ONLY four top class players in the NT is ridiculous. There isnt a team out there who have 11 phenomenal players, and team is only strong as its weakest link.

Mate, I do know all that stuff and I don't underestimate your football culture - Stuttgart was a massive football party last summer with our big Croatian community. I have a ton of Croatian German friends and as of that have always followed Croatian football since I was a kid.

Croatia consistently produces players who end up playing in top tiers all over Europe, that's true, and for a country that small it is a great feat. But you definitely overrate the player material in regards to peak quality. You have some absolute ballers, but there's always been a pretty steep drop off beyond the NT. And Brozovic is an EL level player. He's playing at Inter who are in the EL and interest from top clubs in him has died down quite a while ago. He's a good player and does a job, but he's not top class like Rakitic or Modric. And something that's truly ridiculous: naming Milan Badelj in a list of top players.

Latest posts

Top Bottom