• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Unai Emery: Adios

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheEconomist

Established Member
He ****ed up last week but since thrn he's orchestrated two must win performances when we really needed them. We've seen our season crumble so many times at these crucial points in the season before and he deserves some bit recognition for getting us to such a great position .

We have the momentum with us. I hope he can push us over the line either in the Prem or the EL

Sniper Mik

Not a Closet Sp**s Fan
One sh*te penalty kick away from pulling off 3 absolute blinders. Really strong stuff in the last few weeks. Will be interesting to see whether the International Break does us more good than harm.

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant
It‘s not a coincidence that as soon as Özil was brought back, results started ramping up, not only with his quality but overall squad morale.

Of course Emery is going to drop Özil for some games, just like all our players do time from time. He will not completely ostracize him though, which was an obvious mistake which he has thankfully rectified.
Emery spotted that Özil’s performance start to become inconsistent in the mid season. Maybe with a few poor training sections or Özil unwilling/failing to adapt emery’s pressing game. Emery decided to bench him until he is sharp enough for his tactical plan. And that works amazingly. Özil now performs very well thanks to Emery’s decision. And credit to Emery sending a message to the players that the team is bigger than them. Players are tools to execute the manager’s tactics, not the other way round. Good squad discipline there from Emery. He is going to achieve success with or without a few good but overrated players in the squad.

Last edited:

GunnerBP

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
The strangest thing about Emery's first season is probably going to be that Özil and Ramsey will be essential to our success.

Some of you are saying that Emery has done a great job managing Özil, but I think it couldn't be further from the truth.

Emery started the season talking about how important Özil and Ramsey were to the team, and then he rather quickly started saying that they couldn't play together. And then we had a long stretch when neither was in the team. We started dropping points, our football was awful to watch and it looked like our season might collapse.

Also, during this time Ramsey's contract offer was rescinded and in January he announced that he was going to Juventus.

Over the last month, Özil started getting minutes and then Ramsey got minutes too. Our offense looked so much better with Özil in it, and Ramsey has consistently come up big in big matches.

And in two of the biggest matches of the season -- ManU & Rennes, today -- we finally saw them play together and we got two massive results.

Personally, I think Torreira's suspension and Juventus openly talking about how Arsenal have been playing Ramsey out of position and that they plan to play Ramsey as a mezzala (aka basically a creative Italian B2B) inclined Emery to play Ramsey as a CM.

I have no idea if this was part of Emery's master plan, and I doubt that it was. Most of his statements this season have shown that he did not believe that Özil and Ramsey were essential to our success.

Now he clearly knows that they are, so I hope that we keep on seeing them in the starting 11 together.

Sadly, Ramsey's already leaving this season, so we'd better enjoy watching these two play together while we can.

kraphtous

Raul Stanllehi
Emery spotted that Özil’s performance start to become inconsistent in the mid season. Maybe with a few poor training sections or Özil unwilling/failing to adapt emery’s pressing game. Emery decided to bench him until he is sharp enough for his tactical plan. And that works amazingly. Özil now performs very well thanks to Emery’s decision. And credit to Emery sending a message to the players that the team is bigger than them. Players are tools to execute the manager’s tactics, not the other way round. Good squad discipline there from Emery. He is going to achieve success with or without a few good but overrated players in the squad.
Ah the Mourinho style of managing, you should thank Mesut Özil for not turning the team against him like Pogba did. Instead he put his head down, worked hard and helped Emery from an embarrassing exit against BATE. I'm sure he is thankful though and it's telling now in his squad selection unlike some of you ungrateful clowns.

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant
Ah the Mourinho style of managing, you should thank Mesut Özil for not turning the team against him like Pogba did. Instead he put his head down, worked hard and helped Emery from an embarrassing exit against BATE. I'm sure he is thankful though and it's telling now in his squad selection unlike some of you ungrateful clowns.
SAF, Guardiola, Klopp, they all use a very strict approach in managing players. You don’t want your players to not follow your instructions if you are the manager, a soft approach wouldn’t do any favours. Players should never have too much power. Guardiola benched Henry because he didn’t follow his tactical instruction by drifting to the other side of the pitch and scored a goal. Wenger’s soft approach was outdated and not relevant in modern football. It also resulted in a weak tactical setup and poor player management.

Last edited:

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
this success is down to playing his good players in vaguely correct positions.

His unmistakable input has been our 3-5-2/4-3-3/4-4-2 hybrid.

Still cautious about him, but he has turned it around big time in the past two weeks or so.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
this success is down to playing his good players in vaguely correct positions.

His unmistakable input has been our 3-5-2/4-3-3/4-4-2 hybrid.

Still cautious about him, but he has turned it around big time in the past two weeks or so.
Loving the 3-5-2. I think it really suits our best players and we can fit them on the field.

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Loving the 3-5-2. I think it really suits our best players and we can fit them on the field.
True. I remember many people who were banging on about it last season.still a bit defensive but that's what he was brought here for.

Would love to see how it evolves... Maybe into the 343 of Conte, or Zidane's counter attacking setup at Madrid.

Think Guendouzi is a good replacement for Ramsey, and we can really play 3 cm with him Xhaka and Torreira, rotating with El Nenny and AMN.

Tourbillion

Angry & Miserable
True. I remember many people who were banging on about it last season.still a bit defensive but that's what he was brought here for.

Would love to see how it evolves... Maybe into the 343 of Conte, or Zidane's counter attacking setup at Madrid.

Think Guendouzi is a good replacement for Ramsey, and we can really play 3 cm with him Xhaka and Torreira, rotating with El Nenny and AMN.
I thought Xhaka was dreadful last night. We really need to upgrade on him and Mustafi if we want to hit the next level.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
I thought Xhaka was dreadful last night. We really need to upgrade on him and Mustafi if we want to hit the next level.
I didn't think he was bad at all. I usually nail him on a bad performance too. Few times he released AMN on the wing. Kept the ball moving and involved Ramsey which was the key.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

An Arsenal fan, when you finish fourth, will say, “Hey, we’ve been in the top four for twenty years. We want to win the league!”. They don’t care that Manchester City or Chelsea have spent 300 or 400 million euros. They just want to beat them.
But if you finish fifteenth two years running, they will be happy if you finish fourth after that.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom