• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Raul's Transfer Targets: Summer 2019

• Thread starter Aevi
  • Start date
  • Replies 13,667
  • Views 1,469,386

Who would you rather have?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dutch D

Well-Known Member & FPL Champion 19/20
Links to Umtiti?
Links to the Manchester clubs I read.

CB is interesting. Lots of names thrown around: Djene, Mandi, Calero, Rugani, Konate, Hermoso. I have never seen these guys play 90mins, but I generally like what I see.

Djene: seems quite good aerially despite his height, front footed, composed, does seem to pick up quite a few cards though.
Calero: quite good with the ball, cheap, reads the game well, lacks physique.
Rugani: good height, aerial threat, composed, good age, from what I have read he isnt quite progressing as hoped though (also doesnt play that often).
Konate: young, physically imposing, been getting really good ratings all season.

I like the profile that they seem to be looking at, wonder who they end up signing. I think there is a bias towards tall and strong players on this forum, to me awareness and passing ability is more important. At the same time it can't be overlooked, especially given the fact our GK isn't the tallest. Ideally we get one of both: a physically imposing cb that can clear the ball with his head who is decent with the ball at his feet and a cb who is front footed and can play the ball out well from the back (essential for our intended style of play). For the latter the physical profile would be less important.

Sapient Hawk

Can You Smell What The Hawk Is Cooking?
Trusted ⭐

Links to the Manchester clubs I read.

CB is interesting. Lots of names thrown around: Djene, Mandi, Calero, Rugani, Konate, Hermoso. I have never seen these guys play 90mins, but I generally like what I see.

Djene: seems quite good aerially despite his height, front footed, composed, does seem to pick up quite a few cards though.
Calero: quite good with the ball, cheap, reads the game well, lacks physique.
Rugani: good height, aerial threat, composed, good age, from what I have read he isnt quite progressing as hoped though (also doesnt play that often).
Konate: young, physically imposing, been getting really good ratings all season.

I like the profile that they seem to be looking at, wonder who they end up signing. I think there is a bias towards tall and strong players on this forum, to me awareness and passing ability is more important. At the same time it can't be overlooked, especially given the fact our GK isn't the tallest. Ideally we get one of both: a physically imposing cb that can clear the ball with his head who is decent with the ball at his feet and a cb who is front footed and can play the ball out well from the back (essential for our intended style of play). For the latter the physical profile would be less important.

Nor is he the shortest. His height has been no impedement to him so far.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Like this guy a lot. Fits the profile of an Emery wide player perfectly, could he step up a level or two though?

Aevi

Hale End FC
Admin

Like this guy a lot. Fits the profile of an Emery wide player perfectly, could he step up a level or two though?
Huh? Not sure about this one at all lol. 2 goals and 5 assists in 30 appearances this season is pretty unimpressive, and at 24 it's not like he's a newly emerging talent or something.

Fraser or Brooks at Bournemouth are much more interesting if we're looking around the midtable clubs.

TornadoTed

Established Member
I can't claim to have seen much of him but Solly March was head and shoulders above everyone else on the pitch when he came on in the Cup against Milwall on Sunday. Of course that is a far cry from being Arsenal level but who knows, I'm sure there are plenty of good players at mid table clubs who could step up a level if they have the desire.

OSBK

Established Member
Watching solly march is like watching a young greizmann, so much ability with the ball at feet. I really like the kid, work ethic is brilliant and if he moves now his potential is huge. The downside is that the spuds will be all over him, fits pochs critera perfect.

As for the summer im not expecting a huge amount to be spent. Its going to be very hard to move some of these guys on so i think 3 maybe 4 in and 4-5 out. Think we will have 1 high profile in and 2-3 high profile out. Where we finish will have a big impact on how much we spend, the higher we finish the more it could harm our spend.

The likes of mustafi/neny/ jenks we are stuck with, they are risk signings for most teams. Ramsey and welbeck are gone, i do think Özil leaves this summer as well. I would be amazed if he doesnt end up at bayern then onto the usa. Cech retiring will be the 4 i think.

Incoming, i dont think he buys a cb, a fit holding and mav and he sees that area covered. Possibly a lb but again i would be surprised. The biggest changes will be on the wings, i think he goes back in for perisic and we will take suarez. With welbeck going and his comments about not bringing eddie on i think we see another forward come in, think it will be british but dont know who.

Not how i want things to go but judging by january window i dont see mass changes just yet.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Watching solly march is like watching a young greizmann, so much ability with the ball at feet. I really like the kid, work ethic is brilliant and if he moves now his potential is huge. The downside is that the spuds will be all over him, fits pochs critera perfect.

Is his potential really that high? He’ll be 25 in the summer. At the same age Griezmann was banging in 22 goals a season in La Liga.

OSBK

Established Member
Is his potential really that high? He’ll be 25 in the summer. At the same age Griezmann was banging in 22 goals a season in La Liga.

Who knows, he has great abilty and i think he has done very well in the prem. Is he worth a punt? Probably as his cost would be low, if it works then happy days and if not he will be easy to get rid of.

TheEconomist

Established Member
We don't need someone to compete with Iwobi for a place in the team. We need someone good enough to make us forget we have Iwobi.

krengon

One Arsène Wenger
Trusted ⭐
Yeah I refuse to believe this rumour..

He's 24, no longer a youngster. and his output is pretty bad.. 1 goal and 5 assists in 28 apps this season, 1 goal and 3 assists in 36 apps last season. There is no way we are after someone like him.

Last edited:

gkoat

As for the summer im not expecting a huge amount to be spent. Its going to be very hard to move some of these guys on so i think 3 maybe 4 in and 4-5 out. Think we will have 1 high profile in and 2-3 high profile out. Where we finish will have a big impact on how much we spend, the higher we finish the more it could harm our spend.

Thought about this extensively. I believe we activated Monreal's extension for another year(saw article on this back in the winter). We therefore are set to lose(this summer)...

Cech
Welbeck
Lichtsteiner
Ramsey
Jenkinson
Suarez

If Sanhelli is sticking by his statements, players not renewing beyond 2 years will be sold as well unless they have no sale value(not sure exact quote). I don't know what the calculation is for whether or not to sell, but that would tentatively include...

Koscielny(1 year)
Özil(2 years)
Mustafi(2 years)
Mkhitaryan(2 years)
Aubemayang(2 years)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom