• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Raul's Transfer Targets: Summer 2019

• Thread starter Aevi
  • Start date
  • Replies 13,667
  • Views 1,469,403

Who would you rather have?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Toby

No longer a Stuttgart Fan
i do think Özil leaves this summer as well. I would be amazed if he doesnt end up at bayern then onto the usa

Bayern won't sign him. When he retired after all the ruckus last year, Hoeness, to paraphrase, said: "Well the lazy ****er's been doing **** all anyway, so that's good." Think it might be Italy and then either the US or the Arabian peninsula.

scytheavatar

Established Member
Is his potential really that high? He’ll be 25 in the summer. At the same age Griezmann was banging in 22 goals a season in La Liga.

Solly March could be a semi decent replacement for Ramsey. Although he wouldn't score a lot of goals his workrate is terrific and he's the type of attacking mid you want to be leading your press and harassing your opponents. Plus he's better on the ball than Ramsey. But I think the prospect of him sending Özil to the bench is almost certain to drive some Arsenal fans mad, no matter how well he plays.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Umtiti liked Laca :)
what's the story behind their potential transfer? Would be dumb from both to sell those

Varane apparently wants out but I could see it being a power play for a new contract.

Barca are apparently interested in moving Umtiti to fund de Ligt.

Sapient Hawk

Can You Smell What The Hawk Is Cooking?
Trusted ⭐

Varane apparently wants out but I could see it being a power play for a new contract.

A pairing of Umtiti & Koscielny/Sokratis immediately makes us tougher at the back with the added bonus of Holding/Mavropanos waiting to slot in if required.

Question is, would qualification to the Champions League & a guaranteed starting place be enough to entice him as opposed to what other clubs might offer?

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

A pairing of Umtiti & Koscielny/Sokratis immediately makes us tougher at the back with the added bonus of Holding/Mavropanos waiting to slot in if required.

Question is, would qualification to the Champions League & a guaranteed starting place be enough to entice him as opposed to what other clubs might offer?

Depends who’s buying who this summer, if Varane and Umtiti are both genuinely available you’d assume PSG would get one which might make one of their CB’s available.

What it means for us is that even if we don’t get one of the two, there are still going to be a lot of top class CB’s available on the market.

Very good window to be buying one.

yybecause

Formerly known as ArsenaLover

thanks for the info.

De Ligt effect it is going to be this summer.
as already said, good summer to get a CB, and we need one.

Sapient Hawk

Trusted ⭐

Depends who’s buying who this summer, if Varane and Umtiti are both genuinely available you’d assume PSG would get one which might make one of their CB’s available.

What it means for us is that even if we don’t get one of the two, there are still going to be a lot of top class CB’s available on the market.

Very good window to be buying one.

If only De Ligt wasn't so far out of reach.

He'd be my pick to marshall our new defense.

Sapient Hawk

Trusted ⭐

Koulibaly is the one for me, very interested to see where he’d end up if we managed to get top 4 ahead of say Utd and Chelsea.

If United are balking at De Laurentis' asking price I can only imagine what our miserly board would do :lol:

Dutch D

Well-Known Member & FPL Champion 19/20
I'm not really impressed by any of these names. Pavon has been linked to Ajax for years so I was excited to see him in action at the WC but he didnt impress for one bit. Sarr looks raw. Under isnt very impressive aside from his long distance shots, a very unreliable way to score and consistently provide output.

I'd much rather have Bergwijn or Neres (though I think it would be best if he stayed one more season) in that case. Or Chukwueze possibly. The dream would be CHO, but that seems impossible given the situation Chelsea is in.

yybecause

Formerly known as ArsenaLover
I'm not really impressed by any of these names. Pavon has been linked to Ajax for years so I was excited to see him in action at the WC but he didnt impress for one bit. Sarr looks raw. Under isnt very impressive aside from his long distance shots, a very unreliable way to score and consistently provide output.

I'd much rather have Bergwijn or Neres (though I think it would be best if he stayed one more season) in that case. Or Chukwueze possibly. The dream would be CHO, but that seems impossible given the situation Chelsea is in.

think Pavon improved steadily. watching his highlights (all I got unfortunately) it's clear he's getting better and better year after year.

his determination is getting him places. still think we're looking at him closely. Spanish connection on our right side would be somsthing (Bellerin, PAvon, Torreira as RDM)

Sapient Hawk

Trusted ⭐

I like him a lot!

He won’t come cheap, maybe we can sweeten the deal with Chambers + 10m, they were interested in him last Summer.

More like Chambers + £35m or something in that region.

As you said, he won't come cheap. Leicester know Ramsey's leaving & he
would be an apt replacement. They're holding all the cards in this should we ever approach them for him.

If we do, I'd ask what they're wanting for Chilwell too. If City are hit by a transfer ban it would mean he might be a possible acquisition.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom