• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Merci Arsène

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
It would be like Ferguson at United.

They won’t progress there until he stops hanging around like the sword of Damacles over every manager.
But it should be about whether you, or anyone else, thinks he'd be a successful DoF for Arsenal, or not? What else matters? You clearly think he has the credentials, so why is the comparison with Ferguson 'hanging around' at Utd relevant?

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
But it should be about whether you, or anyone else, thinks he'd be a successful DoF for Arsenal, or not? What else matters? You clearly think he has the credentials, so why is the comparison with Ferguson 'hanging around' at Utd relevant?
Wenger’s gone and I don’t think he should be anywhere near the club, except as maybe a spectator, or as a guest of honour, or to be there at the unveiling of his statue, or to present an award, but not in any work capacity. Which was the point I was trying to make.

I’ve no idea what point you were trying to make though:lol:

arsenefc

Obsessed With Guendouzi
Had the board understood the value of keeping Cesc, Nasri, RVP together ...or assembling Suarez, Sanchez, Özil ... we might have had a chance...but i believe the refs would still have ficked us up...

Now with Ramsey, Mkhi, Özil, Auba, Laca, Bellerin ..we have serious attacking firepower ..and its sad we will lose Ramsey and maybe Özil, would like to see us challenge next year.

avalonhse

So true. Wenger has stayed away and given Emery a chance to breath in the job. I'd like to see him back on occasion next season though.

Wenger best legacy is the worst year in his tenure when he left, as well as Auba and Laca.

Ferguson worst legacy is the PL title when he left, as well as Persie and Rooney.

Now you can see how different Emery and poor Moyes fates are.

For example, people always compare today league points with same time last year. Emery has improvement on every measure comparing with Wenger's worst year. He must be lucky.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Wenger’s gone and I don’t think he should be anywhere near the club, except as maybe a spectator, or as a guest of honour, or to be there at the unveiling of his statue, or to present an award, but not in any work capacity. Which was the point I was trying to make.

I’ve no idea what point you were trying to make though:lol:
Why, though? You think he's done in every capacity and has nothing at all to offer? Is that what you're saying? Or is it that you feel that the club is all of a sudden beneath him?

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

Why, though? You think he's done in every capacity and has nothing at all to offer? Is that what you're saying? Or is it that you feel that the club is all of a sudden beneath him?
Neither. Would have thought it was obvious. If you get a divorce, and take the new girlfriend out, nothing good can come of having the ex tag along?

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Neither. Would have thought it was obvious. If you get a divorce, and take the new girlfriend out, nothing good can come of having the ex tag along?
Fair enough, Wenger's the burnt-out, boring old ex. Sad, but I respect your honesty.

Fair enough, Wenger's the burnt-out, boring old ex. Sad, but I respect your honesty.

cat-halloween-costume-policeman-294x300.png

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

Oh no, Wenger is the always loyal, dependable ex. Maybe older than the new model but still classy and very respected. :lol:

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
of all the players who left in their prime .. which one do you think hurt Wenger the most?
I think it was RVP. And I'll explain why
Fabregas
His first touch, passing, vision, teamwork, positioning, movement, skills are british midfielders can only dream of.
After Cesc left it was a big blow. However he was actually fairly easy to replace. The mental blow was much more than the actual blow in talent we received. We weren't without creative mids for too long where as when RVP left we lacked a striker for years. It was the crucial piece of the puzzle which we were missing and we arguably could have won the league if RVP had stayed.

It could however also be argued that Cesc was the catalyst for RVP leaving so there is that...

Also this in no way means I feel RVP was the better player. I do not.

Top Bottom