• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Let's all laugh at Man Utd: Amrabad

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Massive gamble seen as they could feasibly finish sixth and out in the quarters.

Could regret it massively this time next year.

lamby22

It's Not Lupus

Tremendous appointment :rofl:. There's no way he'll see that contract out - be gone before the end of next season.

krengon

One Arsène Wenger
Trusted ⭐
What's the logic in not waiting until the end of the season to make a decision? What if they collapse now and finish 6th and out of the QF, now they are stuck. A few more extra months of planning ahead for next season surely can't be worth more than seeing if Ole can actually deliver.

TromsoGooner

Obsessed With Looking for Eric
Henry Winter in dreamland
"
Fantastic news. Solskjaer's appointment feels like #mufc at last reconnecting with the ethos of the Ferguson era: pride in the shirt, teamwork, hunger, never giving up, being bold. It's the commitment to attack, to youth, to pace, to width, to glory. #olesatthewheel

albakos

Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you"
Administrator

Player:Saka
Henry Winter in dreamland
"
Fantastic news. Solskjaer's appointment feels like #mufc at last reconnecting with the ethos of the Ferguson era: pride in the shirt, teamwork, hunger, never giving up, being bold. It's the commitment to attack, to youth, to pace, to width, to glory. #olesatthewheel

He can barely hide his giddiness. He is always like this and here's a quick google search for one his articles in Moyes era

Come on David Moyes, be like David Moyes. Be decisive. Be tough. Be the boss as you were at Everton. Moyes must dispel this image of him as Alex Ferguson's anointed successor, the Chosen One – or Fergie Lite to his critics.

Moyes must remember he was appointed Manchester United manager because of his lauded reputation, so applauded that his peers voted him Manager of the Year in 2003, 2005 and 2009.

Moyes is a good manager who just needs to be himself, who just needs to do the United job his way. It may not work. United may get knocked off their perch for a while, sliding into the shadows of rivals after so long basking in the sunshine spread by the incomparable Ferguson.
https://www.independent.ie/sport/so...yes-to-get-tough-and-be-himself-29622896.html

Another one :D :D
Moyes must dispel this image of him as Sir Alex Ferguson’s anointed successor, the Chosen One or Fergie Lite to his critics. Moyes must remember he was appointed Manchester United manager because of his lauded reputation within the game, so applauded that his peers voted him Manager of the Year in 2003, 2005 and 2009.

Moyes is a good manager who just needs to be himself, who just needs to do the United job his way. It may not work. United may get knocked off their perch for a while, sliding into the shadows of rivals after so long basking in the sunshine spread by the incomparable Ferguson. It may well prove a significant error by Moyes to not retain the respected services of Rene Meulensteen, Micky Phelan and Eric Steele, coaches with an incredible combined knowledge of what makes United’s squad so resilient. But Moyes has to do it his way, not another manager’s way, however exalted Ferguson was.

Moyes has to keep faith with his new coaches. He has also to impose himself on players assembled by Ferguson, making it his team, making them forget the illustrious predecessor and fear the new man. Moyes has to show he is not just minding the store while Ferguson has popped out. He needs to make some big calls, such as dropping Rio Ferdinand and telling Phil Jones or Chris Smalling that they are the future at centre-half. Give Wilfried Zaha a chance. Or Adnan Januzaj. Usher in a new era on the pitch as well as in the dugout.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/f...ng-the-fearsome-leader-he-was-at-Everton.html

Vinci

The Sultan of Unai

Good news for us.

Don't think he's that great as a manager. It's not exactly hard to bring back some joy to the team after Mourinho and making Pogba important. Anyone could have done that.

Plutarch

Amazing. Man United have managed to pick the wrong manager four times in a row. Moyes, Van Gaal, Mourinho, and now Solskjaer. Well, it's good news for everyone else.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Fantastic news for City, Liverpool, Arsenal and Sp**s fans (Chelsea too if they sack the shoe polisher). United are finished as a serious club, imagine deciding to appoint a manager off the back of a view wins, do the clowns at United not know what the "honeymoon period" is? I mean Hiddink had an excellent end to the 08/09 season yet Chelsea were smart enough to know they needed a top manager to push forward. They actually made the mistake with Di Matteo, Liverpool did the same with Daglish in 2011. What's funniest of all about this is that Ole's been appointment on the back of back to back defeats. One against their rivals for top 4 which has put them outside the top four and the other eliminating them from the FA Cup. Further more their victory over PSG was an absolute fluke, no way should Ole be judged on that. PSG should have been 5-1 up at half-time. Ah well, nice to know we won't have to worry about United for a while.

<<reed>>

Lidl Tir Na Nog
The most amazing thing about Ole's at the wheel is they didn't even look at other candidates at all, such a lazy appointment.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
I don't get it... Are people trying to say Ole has done badly since he took over in December? They've won 15 of 19 matches, knocking PSG out of the CL and beating us, Sp**s and Chelsea... You think his appointment is hilarious because they lost to us at the Emirates and went out of the FA cup away to Wolves? I'd much rather they appointed someone else tbh. Who can you say would have done better than that when Mourinho was sacked? This place cracks me up.

Last edited:

Toby

No longer a Stuttgart Fan
As I've said before, not too sure this is a bad appointment in their whole context. Don't think United need a Class A tactician (right now) and Solskjaer - at least until now - seems to know what he's doing at least in the parameters of that club. Kissed them alive when they were clinically dead.

If they are patient after their recent years of turmoil and being ****, a few quiet seasons with Solsjkaer - meaning not too much off pitch trouble, regular top 4 and thus CL and a few good cup runs - could do them a world of good and they can actually get back and take a look at other managers in two or three seasons time, who will then have a vastly improved platform to work off of than any of their other recent managers had.

say yes

forum master baiter
I don't get it... Are people trying to say Ole has badly since he took over in December? They've won 15 of 19 matches, knocking PSG out of the CL and beating us, Sp**s and Chelsea... You think his appointment is hilarious because they lost to us at the Emirates and went out of the FA cup away to Wolves? I'd much rather they appointed someone else tbh. Who can you say would have done better than that when Mourinho was sacked? This place cracks me up.

He’s done brilliantly.

People (like me) are betting that it won’t last and are delighted United have taken another managerial gamble rather than going for one of the top managers out there.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
He’s done brilliantly.

People (like me) are betting that it won’t last and are delighted United have taken another managerial gamble rather than going for one of the top managers out there.
Top managers don't even sign players these days. And tactically, whose to say he's any worse than anyone else out there? He's learned from the very best. We're just hoping he can't keep this up, but I don't see why they should suddenly drop off. Imagine if Sarri hadn't gone to Chelsea and was available... people would probably be rolling about the floor asking how on earth they appointed Ole over Sarri...

I could only be happy at this appointment had their form been sketchy, but then he wouldn't have got it if it was. All management appointments are gambles, aren't they?

Toby

No longer a Stuttgart Fan
Top managers don't even sign players these days. And tactically, whose to say he's any worse than anyone else out there? He's learned from the very best. We're just hoping he can't keep this up, but I don't see why they should suddenly drop off. Imagine if Sarri hadn't gone to Chelsea and was available... people would probably be rolling about the floor asking how on earth they appointed Ole over Sarri...

Guardiola, Klopp, etc. all sign players and add to their squads. Even if you mean in the context of the rising role of DoF they don't sign player, they still have a say and are well into the process of what type of player and eventually who exactly a club signs.

There's ample evidence out there Solskjaer is not among the top managers. Or at least there was. Guys give players time to evolve, so why not managers. So I agree with you there. Him failing at Cardiff doesn't outright mean he hasn't learned or cannot become a top manager in the future. So many top managers of the past have had bad or average stints at some clubs only to then ace it at all or most of their future clubs. people are so focused on the Guardiolas and Zidanes who have started out with the best player material available that they forget there's still greats managers out there wo have to work from the bottom up and with what they have.

If this United stint had been Solskjaers first gig, people would go nuts over him as the next great.

nick gould

Didn't expect him to be that bitter about Utd.

LvG deserves more appreciation for what he did. For me, he is among the best long-term managers with Wenger, Rijkard and Capello
Your list is subjective, you have to include Ferguson. I never liked him, but that owes to the fact that he outfoxed Wenger a lot.

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Your list is subjective, you have to include Ferguson. I never liked him, but that owes to the fact that he outfoxed Wenger a lot.
he did a great job with youth but he was too strict towards them, as Diego Forlan and others have already said.

towards the end of his career,he let the team run into the ground and handed boiled **** to moyes.

That is probably why I don't consider him to be a great long-term coach

Latest posts

Top Bottom