• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Raul's Transfer Targets: Summer 2019

• Thread starter Aevi
  • Start date
  • Replies 13,667
  • Views 1,469,581

Who would you rather have?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
Anybody watching Villareal-Barca?

Im waitin (hopefully) for is to be linked to Chukwueze, what a talent..

He tear the barca defence apart when he gets the ball, 19 year old.

Umtiti looks shaky

He's a sublime talent. If Arsenal ever does go for him they should have two allies to talk up the club in his club teammate Santi and his international teammate Iwobi.

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes

al-Ustaadh

👳‍♂️ Figuring out how to delete my account 👳‍♂️

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes
We chose the wrong young nigerian.

Didn't I get the full picture ?

It was solely down to the work permit after he signed our deal - we signed both, Nketiah and Chukwueze, but only one got the work permit ending with Chukwueze signing for 50000€ with Villareal instead.

So it was 't about choosing either one, we did choose both, but could not realize it

Eduardo_da_Silva

Didn't I get the full picture ?

It was solely down to the work permit after he signed our deal - we signed both, Nketiah and Chukwueze, but only one got the work permit ending with Chukwueze signing for 50000€ with Villareal instead.

So it was 't about choosing either one, we did choose both, but could not realize it
If i remember correctly, he chose not to sign. I read this tribalfootball article but honestly dont know why Nwakali could get one and Chuky couldnt.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
Nwakali never got a work permit either did he? Other wise no reason to be shipped off on these awful loans... Porto B with option to buy & the Dutch second division hints we gave up even chasing the work permit.

Chukwueze made the correct choice. We **** up young prospects that come here with no work permit. Golden Ball winner at the u17 WC is a great achievement & in good company. Hard to say we have given him a good chance to develop since.

Fewtch

Özil at 10 And Emery Out
I’m on the Chukswayze train as well. I hope we snatch him (and santi :() if they go down. Probably wouldn’t cost more than 20m if that happened

Nwakali never got a work permit either did he? Other wise no reason to be shipped off on these awful loans... Porto B with option to buy & the Dutch second division hints we gave up even chasing the work permit.

Chukwueze made the correct choice. We **** up young prospects that come here with no work permit. Golden Ball winner at the u17 WC is a great achievement & in good company. Hard to say we have given him a good chance to develop since.

Are we bad getting work permits compared to other English clubs?

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
Are we bad getting work permits compared to other English clubs?
To my knowledge ever since the point system came in the clubs can calculate with certainty if a player qualifies so really no doubt. Its not the days of Fergie pitching up at the FA to argue a players talents anymore... there are exceptions but very rare requiring actual genuine reasons or circumstances.

The PL handbook has all the criteria set out & its stuff like this covering league appearances, national team minutes & the financial side.

KI08Z2D.png

LgDZerf.png

What we seem to be shocking at is creating a path for young talents like Nwakali to pick up the points to gain his work permit while developing as a player.

Its insane to me we pay 3-4m for a 17 year old Golden Ball winner straight out of an African academy to dump him in the second division in Holland, swap between a couple of Dutch clubs & then move him to Porto B. If he is such a talent at 17 to take the risk have a plan.

We should have had a multi year loan set up at a club in what the FAs criteria class as a 'Top League'. Let the kid settle, adapt, develop & aim to reach 30% of minutes in year two or three. There are clubs out there (Sassuolo come to mind) using bigger clubs young talents as a feature in their strategy.

To my knowledge ever since the point system came in the clubs can calculate with certainty if a player qualifies so really no doubt. Its not the days of Fergie pitching up at the FA to argue a players talents anymore... there are exceptions but very rare requiring actual genuine reasons or circumstances.

The PL handbook has all the criteria set out & its stuff like this covering league appearances, national team minutes & the financial side.

KI08Z2D.png

LgDZerf.png

What we seem to be shocking at is creating a path for young talents like Nwakali to pick up the points to gain his work permit while developing as a player.

Its insane to me we pay 3-4m for a 17 year old Golden Ball winner straight out of an African academy to dump him in the second division in Holland, swap between a couple of Dutch clubs & then move him to Porto B. If he is such a talent at 17 to take the risk have a plan.

We should have had a multi year loan set up at a club in what the FAs criteria class as a 'Top League'. Let the kid settle, adapt, develop & aim to reach 30% of minutes in year two or three. There are clubs out there (Sassuolo come to mind) using bigger clubs young talents as a feature in their strategy.

Cheers!

We have hired someone to oversee the loaning system. So hopefully it will be fixed and we can start looking to sign players from Africa, South-America and Asia with better plan for the players. Because like you say these are just 17 years old kids, and we are doing them no favors not having a 100% clear plan for them!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom