• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Watford vs Arsenal | April 15th | KO: 20:00 BST |Sky Sports

What will be the result of El Clasicojones?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

remains

You can't really be online the day after Got and not expect spoilers.

I was really shocked by that. Jon has always been the more pragmatic one. I had expected it from Dany, not him.

We still have such nice memories of him though. #NeverForgetTyrion

What are you playing at talking about got on a football forum you ****.

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes
Such mixed feelings about this one.

Unfortunately, yesterday was one of those days where I had no chance to watch it live, but from all I gathered it must've felt very similar to all our disastrous away games except for the result.

I am happy to grind dirty wins in a ManU fashion until the end of the season and sucking big time. It is all about 3/4th place now and we can reset just in time for the new season to step up.

So incredibly happy for the vital points, yet super sad we just dont manage to turn up away and I just dont see us grinding it out 3 more times like that

Last edited:

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Why would you feel sorry for Emery? He's making the team play like that.
No, he had to sit and watch most of his players have a terrible day at the office. Not nice to see.

But thanks to Deeney and Foster, they handed us a win despite the awful play. When that happens you’ve just got to say ‘Thanks’ and move on.

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
Opinion may be slightly skewed as watched the game at the stadium without the aid of close up views & replays.

Looked like a poor performance, massively aided by the home sides generosity. We made an absolute mountain out of a molehill but defended well at times and missed 3 or 4 good chances, on another day it could easily have been 0-3.

Happy with the 3 points, actually enjoyed the extreme tension of the game (everybody was certain Watford would equalise - we always concede after all) and overall happy with Emery. Let’s be realistic, a new manager could have played out in so many other worse ways at this stage of the season....it seems a few people would be quite happy to go back to swashbuckling football where we go 4 goals up and concede 4 goals later on. Fvck that shizzle, I’ve had my fill of it!!

Mo Britain

Doom Monger
When people talk about Foster "gifting" us the goal... he made a mistake but the goal was forced by Auba's guile.

Don't know what happened here but only for about 15 minutes at the start of the second-half did we play as if we were a man up. Maybe everyone was thinking of Thursday or just assuming the game was already won?

Clear sending-off, unfortunately after one act of courage the referee mostly decided to ignore some hefty and illegal challenges which could easily have ended up in a major injury.

Well done Emery for taking Torreira off at half-time. He wouldn't have finished the game otherwise, through no fault of his own.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
We won't improve away from home until we improve the quality of our creative players (by buying better players) all teams press us away from home because they know we don't have the quality to hit them on counter and also lack of width.

ptrcopp

We won't improve away from home until we improve the quality of our creative players (by buying better players) all teams press us away from home because they know we don't have the quality to hit them on counter and also lack of width.

I think it’s more about game management and how the team controls the game. As @Mo Britain said, there was only about 15 minutes in the game where we played like a team against 10 men. That was the point where they weren’t pressing and we weren’t attacking. We passed it quickly from side to side, took it to the edge of the area and played it back.

When Watford started to press again, the midfield lost all control. When the press was broken the ball was rushed as far forward as quickly as possible. Then, because Auba ended up offside or on his own against 3 Watford players, possession was recycled quickly. The same thing happened at Everton.

The changes in formation didn’t help. The defensive and midfield shape was lost when it went to 3 at the back, especially with Mhki playing LWB. Then when it returned to 4 at the back, the midfield two were pushing up as if there was still a 3 at the back.

At home we control games easier for several reasons: teams aren’t as happy to press, the pitch is bigger, but it’s also clear the players are far more comfortable with taking control of the game at times. That’s exactly what happened against Napoli, they barely created chances because the team recycled possession far better.

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member
Was very worried about this game so delighted with the 3pts.

Don't care how we play away at this stage as long as we get points, but come summer our players and away form seriously need sorting, some of the numbers/stats are disgusting.

Sniper Mik

Not a Closet Sp**s Fan

Apparently Torreira had an injury issue but still good thinking from Emery by taking him off. I remember Wilshere not getting subbed off a few years ago at Old Trafford when he was clearly teetering on the edge and sure enough he got a 2nd yellow.

SomGooner

Prolific Liker
IDGAF what you consider to be world class or not. 28 goals in 45 games since joining. Only Salah has more in the same time.

Some of you buffoons must’ve not been around when we had a strikeforce of Chamakh, Gervinho, Bendtner and Park
F*C K OFF and while you're at it, F*ck you and f*ck him too. How about that?

SomGooner

Prolific Liker
I completely agree with you. You definitely wouldn't see a world class player miss a penalty in the quarterfinals of the Champions League. Which eventually leads to his team losing the first leg and leaving them in a pickle for the second leg.

Like Aguero doesn’t have a history of choking. Poor choice. Do better my guy.

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes
Opinion may be slightly skewed as watched the game at the stadium without the aid of close up views & replays.

Looked like a poor performance, massively aided by the home sides generosity. We made an absolute mountain out of a molehill but defended well at times and missed 3 or 4 good chances, on another day it could easily have been 0-3.

Happy with the 3 points, actually enjoyed the extreme tension of the game (everybody was certain Watford would equalise - we always concede after all) and overall happy with Emery. Let’s be realistic, a new manager could have played out in so many other worse ways at this stage of the season....it seems a few people would be quite happy to go back to swashbuckling football where we go 4 goals up and concede 4 goals later on. Fvck that shizzle, I’ve had my fill of it!!

Seriously, it doesn't even matter what opinion one might have on here about Emery and his style of play - we had at least 5-6 games where we played like Liverpool in the sense that we fought for every single ball, where every single player had that bite and you could feel that winning attitude.

I haven't felt that for like 6 years in such a way. No matter how good we played, there was never a moment where you didnt have the feeling that we might still get bullied and buckle under pressure.

If you dont give credit to Emery for style of play and tactics, at least give him some for finally injecting some steel and sheer will to win

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom