• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Raul's Transfer Targets: Summer 2019

• Thread starter Aevi
  • Start date
  • Replies 13,667
  • Views 1,467,382

Who would you rather have?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

I’m a bit worried that the rest of the Ajax lads won’t be as good as maybe marketed.

Lot of players from that Monaco side have struggled since with only really Mbappe proving to be world class.

My fear would be that beyond De Ligt and De Jong maybe the rest aren’t quite as good.

Dutch D

Well-Known Member & FPL Champion 19/20
My fear would be that beyond De Ligt and De Jong maybe the rest aren’t quite as good.
I would not take Tagliafico or Mazraoui.

Van de Beek has really stepped up this season. I would not have taken him at the start of the season, but he has really progressed and I would definitely take him as a Ramsey replacement. Where last season his technical ability had degressed a bit it is back to his formerly high level (he displayed a lot of technical prowess in the youth sides) and he has such clever movement. Really needs to step up his finishing though, has had 4-5 massive chances in the CL that he didn't convert. For Ajax's sake I hope he stays though.

I also hope Onana, Tadic and Blind stay. I could get over it if Tagliafico left although his tenacity has an uplifting effect on the squad.

Ziyech was basically off to Roma for €35m last season, until they suddenly pulled out. They even gave his shirt number to Tadic, which led to some newspaper speculation about internal unrest at the start of the season. Think he will push for a move if the right club comes along. I think Dortmund / Arsenal / Atletico is his level. Conflicted if I would take him here though, but mostly because I feel our team isn't where it should be and couldn't afford his risky style of play.

Would definitely take Neres for the reported fee. Figured he wouldn't be available (which is why I opted for Bergwijn in the wishlist section but he is better than Bergwijn and Lozano) and if I were Overmars I would pull out everything to keep him for one more year. That would keep their offense largely intact if only Ziyech leaves (Tadic, Neres, vdBeek).

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
A-M CL Draft Campeón 🏆
Club is interested in 20 year old Lorient forward Alexis Claude Maurice

benjamin86

Established Member
Think eventually that'll become a problem with these Ajax players. Everyone is after them but beyond a certain threshold Overmars will start telling people to **** off - and that might be reached quicker than some think. It's clear they can't hold on to de Ligt and de Jong much longer after already having refused to sell last summer - now with a season like this they're gone. Although with de Ligt I'm not completely sure; he's two years younger than de Jong and their captain, wouldn't put it into the realm of impossibility that he stays another season.

The other candidates are of course Ziyech, Neres and van de Beek, but I can't see all of them going in addition to de Ligt and de Jong. I'd tip Ziyech to go first as he's at 26 the one who's probably going to push for a move the hardest if there's serious interest from the likes of Bayern.

I think you've got to be fast and decisive if you want Ajax players this summer because I'm pretty sure that after 3 or 4 have left and they already made 150 to 200m, Overmars will shut the door or raise the price.
Had exactly the same thought, this could end up like us trying to buy Lemar from Monaco after they sold Mbappe, Bakayoko, Silva and Mendy.

If we want someone from Ajax we need to get it done early and make sure it's 1 of the 3-4 players they sell this summer.

Toby

No longer a Stuttgart Fan
Had exactly the same thought, this could end up like us trying to buy Lemar from Monaco after they sold Mbappe, Bakayoko, Silva and Mendy.

If we want someone from Ajax we need to get it done early and make sure it's 1 of the 3-4 players they sell this summer.

Yep. Focus on those attainable, meaning don't try to get de Ligt because he'll go for a price Arsenal can't pay, then get it done quickly. Neres is being linked to Everton, Dortmund, Arsenal and it's said Dortmund failed with 33m € bid, so I guess you could get him if you offer around 40 to 45m €. With Ziyech I read somwhere the price will be around 35m. I'd take anyone of the two. Maybe Ziyech is a little easier to get. But yeah, just be quick and decisive about it and don't waste around trying to find "better" solutions.

benjamin86

Established Member
Yep. Focus on those attainable, meaning don't try to get de Ligt because he'll go for a price Arsenal can't pay, then get it done quickly. Neres is being linked to Everton, Dortmund, Arsenal and it's said Dortmund failed with 33m € bid, so I guess you could get him if you offer around 40 to 45m €. With Ziyech I read somwhere the price will be around 35m. I'd take anyone of the two. Maybe Ziyech is a little easier to get. But yeah, just be quick and decisive about it and don't waste around trying to find "better" solutions.
I think they might keep Neres and instead sell Ziyech and Tagliafico who are both 26 and on the back of a great Champions League campaign their value probably won't get higher. And then De Ligt if Barcelona offer 70m+

De Jong, De Ligt, Ziyech, Tagliafico and that would be it.

Toby

No longer a Stuttgart Fan
I think they might keep Neres and instead sell Ziyech and Tagliafico who are both 26 and on the back of a great Champions League campaign their value probably won't get higher. And then De Ligt if Barcelona offer 70m+

De Jong, De Ligt, Ziyech, Tagliafico and that would be it.

I'm thinking something similar. De Jong is already gone, Tagliafico has had his head turned by Simeone - so also gone. Then if someone offers 70 or 80 for de Ligt I think that him gone with Kik Pierie from Heerenveen already brought in by Ajax as replacement. And then I agree it's probably Ziyech who'll be a little less expensive and push a little more for a move at his age than Neres.

Don't think van de Beek will leave, either. Everton and Sp**s will go for Andre Gomes.

Honestly, while other teams are focusing on Ajax who will want to keep the core players together after they lose Jong and Ligt and possibly Neres we should meanwhile strike somewhere else and get in top players from elsewhere.

Don't get me wrong, it could all be good players and top talents there at Ajax, but the stars have aligned for them this season and they have something special going on and that could be forcing a extra 10-20% from some players.

There are talents elsewhere and with right blend signings and chemistry we hopefully can also create something special like Ajax with our own players!

I'm also very worried with lack of top CBs we are linked too, so far it seems to be all attackers. Maybe the coaches don't share the importance with me but imo it will be a huge trap if we are just going to sign attackers this summer when we already have a good set of attackers + attacking talents.

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
Don't get me wrong, it could all be good players and top talents there at Ajax, but the stars have aligned for them this season and they have something special going on and that could be forcing a extra 10-20% from some players.

That's an excellent point. Certainly Ajax has several players I wouldn't at all mind at Arsenal, but right now it's a sellers market for them and bidding will result in skyrocketing costs. Whoever buys from them this summer will be paying a premium. That's alright if you're PSG or Manchester City, but Arsenal will probably need to look elsewhere right now.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Club is interested in 20 year old Lorient forward Alexis Claude Maurice

Really interesting link.

www.gunnerstown.com/arsenal/2019/02/08/will-alexis-claude-maurice-follow-guendouzi-to-be-the-next-gooner-off-the-lorient-express/

The above article was from February. Good friends with Guendouzi and clearly a standout talent. Only seen him in highlights and clips of his goals.

He plays on the left and basically scores in every game at ligue 2 which is quite something. Seems like a high IQ footballer.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
A-M CL Draft Campeón 🏆
Arsenal are big fans of Zaha, while the prospect of a return to Old Trafford has increased following Ole Gunnar Solskjaer's appointment as manager.

Gunner-Union

Watched Zaha Atleast half a dozen times since Xmas and he’s been poor tbh never beats a man and seems to have no pace or desire

al-Ustaadh

👳‍♂️ Figuring out how to delete my account 👳‍♂️
Watched Zaha Atleast half a dozen times since Xmas and he’s been poor tbh never beats a man and seems to have no pace or desire
Would make sense given who he plays with. He needs a new challenge. I'm a fan, just don't think he'd be worth the cost. If United don't get CL, then he might just go there (even though he's saying he wants CL). United will aim higher if they do get CL.

Gunner-Union

Would make sense given who he plays with. He needs a new challenge. I'm a fan, just don't think he'd be worth the cost. If United don't get CL, then he might just go there (even though he's saying he wants CL). United will aim higher if they do get CL.

I’m just not convinced and for the money I don’t think he’s worth it but there is no doubt we could use a couple wingers. I like 4-3-3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom