• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Unai Emery: Adios

Status
Not open for further replies.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
Some people really love hyping up stuff.

I was at a friend's yesterday having BBQ and watching the EL games. Everyone was completely neutral towards Arsenal. They really don't care apart from general interest in football; like no one of them is a fan of another english club so there's no bias. Almost all of them watch a lot of football or play football.

Every single one of them said that Arsenal were playing ****, had a **** squad and a **** manager. And it's hit me a bit but it's mostly true. Couple of years ago Arsenal were at least playing great footy and then dying in beauty and there was respect, but the last two Wenger seasons were horrible and Emery honestly isn't making it any better. If you put down the tainted glasses for a sec, it's all basically just as **** as last season. We had nice games and wins in Wenger's last season, too, you know.

Saying this is progress is like saying Stuttgart are doing great staying in the relegation spot while failing to address the -34 goal difference and 21 points, this being probably the worst Bundesliga season ever and VfB only not being last because there's two teams who are even more ****ed up.

Make no mistake, if United and Chelsea weren't such ****shows of clubs this season, Arsenal would definitely miss the CL. **** me, progress. Guys cling to every straw to make this seem some grand achievement of Emery and like this is a super exciting project. Well, it just isn't right now. For example Ajax is. This isn't. And I know there will be a ton of people now having a go at me looking at the smallest and most insignificant things saying I have an agenda or don't like Emery for whatever reasons - a man I couldn't be more indifferent toward - saying what the man's doing is like winning the World Cup and he's omg the best ever and like such a great manager and you know he's got such a nice name with a deep meaning....I mean, come on guys. And you know I'm not making this up, there have seriously and ridiculously been people who were arguing for the guy with the translated meaning of his middle or second last name or whatever. I've more than ever come to face it after watching an Arsenal match with neutral fans that right now this isn't going anywhere really. Hope next season will be different, with or without Emery, couldn't care less if he gets to stay or has to go right now.

A bad case of verbal diarrhea.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
And you're a bad case of human diarrhea.

No seriously. You’re full of ****. A boring anecdote about your mates thinking we’re **** doesn’t prove **** all. I could just as easily point to rival forums and posts of fans saying Emery has done wonders getting this squad where it is. It’s amusing that it’s gone from “more points doesn’t mean anything, position in the table is what counts” to “other teams around us have been ****, the football has been rubbish”. The goal posts are continually moved. If you’re not happy with your team being in a semi-final and in the top 4 **** off somewhere else.

Check

I was at a friend's yesterday having BBQ and watching the EL games. Everyone was completely neutral towards Arsenal. They really don't care apart from general interest in football; like no one of them is a fan of another english club so there's no bias. Almost all of them watch a lot of football or play football.

Every single one of them said that Arsenal were playing ****, had a **** squad and a **** manager. And it's hit me a bit but it's mostly true. Couple of years ago Arsenal were at least playing great footy and then dying in beauty and there was respect, but the last two Wenger seasons were horrible and Emery honestly isn't making it any better. If you put down the tainted glasses for a sec, it's all basically just as **** as last season. We had nice games and wins in Wenger's last season, too, you know.

Saying this is progress is like saying Stuttgart are doing great staying in the relegation spot while failing to address the -34 goal difference and 21 points, this being probably the worst Bundesliga season ever and VfB only not being last because there's two teams who are even more ****ed up.

Make no mistake, if United and Chelsea weren't such ****shows of clubs this season, Arsenal would definitely miss the CL. **** me, progress. Guys cling to every straw to make this seem some grand achievement of Emery and like this is a super exciting project. Well, it just isn't right now. For example Ajax is. This isn't. And I know there will be a ton of people now having a go at me looking at the smallest and most insignificant things saying I have an agenda or don't like Emery for whatever reasons - a man I couldn't be more indifferent toward - saying what the man's doing is like winning the World Cup and he's omg the best ever and like such a great manager and you know he's got such a nice name with a deep meaning....I mean, come on guys. And you know I'm not making this up, there have seriously and ridiculously been people who were arguing for the guy with the translated meaning of his middle or second last name or whatever. I've more than ever come to face it after watching an Arsenal match with neutral fans that right now this isn't going anywhere really. Hope next season will be different, with or without Emery, couldn't care less if he gets to stay or has to go right now.

I agree with your point about the view of neutral football fans, they don't think that Arsenal plays that beautiful football anymore. But I disagree with the fact that this season is as **** as last season. We've scored more goals, conceded less, won more games and are more competitive in matches against the top six than last season at this stage. Besides that we've got 12 points more than last season. With our point total this season after 33 games (66) we would've been in fifth with only one point behind Liverpool in 4th. All these points considered I really think we're making progress.

Definitely from outside, Iwobi and Mkhitaryan are better than the youngsters we have. We need top class wide players not blooding in youngsters.

One of the most annoying things about Arsenal fans is we think you can just fill any position with an academy player like we're constantly producing Mbappe like players. You want a 18 year old Iwobi starting for us?

Nah not fill every position with academy player. But the academy is strong at the moment and lot of interesting talents coming through that could take the step up given the chance. I think they should get more look in, it can save us money. It will save us money. Which is good because we don't have a lot.

And while Iwobi has not worked out like many had hoped for that doesn't mean we should just give up and that all talents that will come through will be same as him.

I much rather we focus on developing our own players than bring Elneny, Lichtsteiner and Denise Suarez of this world to the club. We should buy players but only if they are top top quality.

Ceballinhos

Cheating on Santi
Saying we haven't been playing an attractive football just during the last 2 seasons under Wenger is simply not true.

We haven't been playing an attractive football weeks in and weeks out since the 2007/2008 season, and the 2010/2011 when we had Cesc Wilshere Nasri RVP & Arshavin all fit together which didn't happen very often.
The first half of the season in 2013/2014 was really good too, but the second half was really painful to watch.

I couldn't care less about the attractive football yesterday. We've played an attractive football at home during the first leg, and then we were all over them during the first half in the second leg.
We've lost Ramsey to an injury, and Emery has played it safe by taking off some key pieces of our team.

And that's what really matters.

Downplaying our achievement this season is beyond ridiculous.

Ceballinhos

Cheating on Santi
Saying we would miss the CL if Chelsea & Man Utd were not such a **** show...

What about Tottenham then? They're having one of their best season ever, they're in the semi finals of the champions league, and they're still within reach and we could finish above them.

Are you going to say they've been a **** show too? :lol:

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny

31100386f28cb5d237ccb32834a33e8f.jpg

Beksl

Sell All The Youngsters

Basing your arguments on opininon of some random friends :lol: , comparing us to VfB....:lol:

Please stop embarrasing yourself as you're usually a decent poster.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
A-M CL Draft Campeón 🏆
And you know I'm not making this up, there have seriously and ridiculously been people who were arguing for the guy with the translated meaning of his middle or second last name or whatever.
Yeah, the autocorrect changes Emery with one m to Unai Emery Etxegoien. :lol:

APierre

You Wanna Come Out Here?

bL0RojU.gif

berric

Established Member

Player:Trossard
Name a more iconic duo than an Arsenal fan hyping up several-year projects such as Sp**s ad Lierpool and wanting Emery out after 8 months.

Sanchez11

Nobody Is Coming!

Hilarious post what did you expect emery to do with a limited budget and time?? He has done better than moyes did with an inferior squad.

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
This season's almost over. Emery's first season with us.

Overall I think we were getting worse and worse and he's halted that. So far he and the back room staff have made almost totally good signings. They made a low risk signing of an experienced but ultimately not up to it back up right back. Apart from that all the signinngs have been great.

The football hasn't be great, but we've performed better overall. I'm not convinced Emery is the type of manager that will ever get us playing beautifully.

Overall he's done more than enough to warrant total faith in the summer and next season.

7.5/10 season all things considered.

SuperGoon

Debbie Downer

Player:Saka
Is it worth watching then? I really want to try it but apparently it's sooo slooow.

Need something to fill the Breaking Bad void in My heart.
It is the best show I've ever watched. Intelligent cop shows are hard to find. This is as realistic as you'll find a cop show mixed with drug lords.

Some of the best quotes come from this show as well. "Come at the king, you best not miss...,"

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Nah not fill every position with academy player. But the academy is strong at the moment and lot of interesting talents coming through that could take the step up given the chance. I think they should get more look in, it can save us money. It will save us money. Which is good because we don't have a lot.

And while Iwobi has not worked out like many had hoped for that doesn't mean we should just give up and that all talents that will come through will be same as him.

I much rather we focus on developing our own players than bring Elneny, Lichtsteiner and Denise Suarez of this world to the club. We should buy players but only if they are top top quality.

The problem with playing youngsters in most positions is that you’re then sacrificing immediate gains for long term development.

We as a fanbase would slaughter Emery if he started putting kids out every week and the results nosedived.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom