• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Unai Emery: Adios

Status
Not open for further replies.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
****** will run the roost for a few days but at least we haven’t had to read their trash posts for much of the season.

No point getting worked up over it, they’re not convincing anyone. We all know who, and what, they are.

I've backed him all season but he deserves criticism for the recent run of results. His team selections have been awful in two of the defeats. He has improved us in the big games and kept our good home record going but the defense hasn't improved and the away form is just as bad. You can argue he needs another season which is fair but if we don't win the EL he will have failed given the position we were in. It's not like we had all the big teams left in our run-in.

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
The big problem now is that the fans will turn on Emery early next season. He is already under pressure.

Only a problem if he doesn't get us up and playing well early. If he doesn't we won't be competing for anything and struggling for top four again anyway so he'll be on his way out of have though.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Need a lot of work to be done in next season and transfer windows.I can't say anything about Emery if he has thrash players who make mistakes and don't need to be in Arsenal.

If he can find right players and we still get same results,than sack him.

Yep, the signing of Suarez was very promising for the future of Emery’s Arsenal.

xinu

Emery has failed to have any impact on this club we are no better now and it could be argued worse than before him. He has had two strikers that Wenger didn't yet still cannot get the team to win away. He has overseen the departure of the best player at Arsenal on a free and continues putting faith in players who are plainly below top 10 level players, For example Emery has consistantly given game time to Iwobi who has to be the worst player without the ball I have ever seen and not much better with it. Yet he gets game after game, chance after chance. He has failed in man managing Özil to get the best out of him. In fact I cannot think of a player who has improved under him this season. He has failed to motivate the team to get top 4 even though we were in a great postion due to the other teams poor records in this run up. He has failed in all regards and we won't win the Europa league either. We need to face it the club is a shambles from top to bottom. I have no idea where we go from here. A couple of new players in wont solve anything. The January transfer window was a joke and thats his responsibility.

It needs a manager who has the personality and strength to demand and get the very best out of the players and the board and who has a vision for a style of play that will lead to success. Unfortunately that person is currently at Liverpool FC

Artisan

Not Emery's Old Pal
There is no point thinking about changing the manager at this point, might as well get him his winger and see how he'll fare next season. Maybe he'll actually set up to dominate games instead.

I doubt he wouldn't replace Mustafi with a world class defender tomorrow if he had a chance. He obviously has no significant power on deciding how much we spend and how - this isn't the Wenger era as you said anymore.
Anybody could do well if they replaced their dross with world class players. We simply can't attract world class players anymore, so if we have a manager that can't significantly improve us with our measly 50mil budget then it's best to look elsewhere and hope we eventually stumble upon a Pochettino.

Signed a new spine of good players.

I think our last summer window has been hugely overrated. Leno maybe only who barely gets away from criticism. Sokratis and Torreira have had good patches but their contribution is below average overall imo. Guendouzi is then a mistery. But that is what you get when you try to build a team with no money and zero transfer strategy. But like Wenger final years its hard to blame Emrery for the transfers.

Tourbillion

Angry & Miserable
Even though it probably won't solve anything because of our cancerous owner not putting any money in to help overhaul the squad, Emery needs to GTFO.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Our expectations too high maybe? Our squad is worst in top 6 so he doing what he can.

Oh and replace him won't get us nothing. Beautiful football? Maybe but we'll still losing every away game

MATHEO

Yes I have great affection towards Arsène, that doesn't stop me from saying that he deserved to leave the club for underachieving in the few past seasons. However, his replacement hasn't been any better.

I never understood the hype around Emery, it was clear that we were overachieving in the first half of the season in terms of results compared to the level of performances. We've been extremely lucky and clinical due to our very good strike force (which was signed by Arsène), and Leno who single-handedly grinded so many points over the course of the season. Our results in the second half really fit the narrative and our level.

Truth is that we didn't improve tactically at all, we've been outplayed in most of our league games. Defence is leaky as it has been in the past , all that talk about building from the back and pressing upfront but we're horrible at deploying that at both ends.

On top of that our creative play has regressed horribly. The numbers back this up as we've achieved the least number of chances created since ever, that's due to several factors: The fact that Emery forced out our creative players like Cazorla, Wilshere, Ramsey and Özil, but its not only the players, its our general positional play and the emphasis of building from the back forcing the attacking players to come very deep and being vulnerable to pressing. The only real improvement I have seen is our wingplay and committing more people in the box which made us more clinical when it comes to crosses and cutbacks.

At the start of the season I was encouraged by the fact that Emery seems to be tactical flexible and not scared to change things as early as half time. But soon after you can see that this is only due to how badly we start games and how horribly we prepare for games tactically.

Not only that, the fact that you change your tactics almost every match means that you don't have a chance of drilling patterns of play and tactical transitions, the players are lost as they have to adapt to new tactics and movements every game. To this day we don't have a well defined style of play which really says a lot about how clueless Emery is.

Finally, for those who defend Emery saying that these players are not his but Arsène's, I think that they are delusional if they think that we will sign better players. Arsène has signed the best players in the squad and because of him they arrived at this club. We are NOT going to sign any better players, we are not going to be able to recruit world class players anymore because of the profile of the club now and the limited funds that are available.

Emery is driving out the best players in the club and he's not going to replace them with better or even equally good players. The season is almost over and he didn't leave a footprint when it comes to tactics and style of play at all. There are no signs of improvement in the horizon. This is a sinking ship and its only going to get worse.

Last edited:

Sanchez11

Nobody Is Coming!

Its all gone to pot, top 4 their for the taking and the players arent arsed. Serious problems from top to bottom, had years of poverty stuff and looks like it will be for the next few years. Its becoming boring tbh!!

I dont think you can fix These issues in one Season. I think he is having the Right ideas but not the Players to really execute it. Sitting Deep and playing on the counter was the Right Approach today. With that you counter leicesters strengh and we get more space in the attack.

He Needs Patience and time. We dont gain anything by changing Managers every year as there is no one who could really do well with this Team Right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom