• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Unai Emery: Adios

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why does Emery start Mkhi and Iwobi every single game!! Give the youngsters a chance, why start some players u know wont bring any to the game... Didnt he say when he arived that he will give the young players a chance?

And today when he finally subbed Iwobi he brings in Guendozi, yep thats the way trying to go forward when we need to! And Guendozi is no way in form aswelll...
Why not give Nketiah a chance from start or Willock....

More then ever these last games i dont get Emerys tactics...

dka1

100% Dark Chocolate
Trusted ⭐

Now that I've cooled down...who am I kidding, I'm still p*ssed off.

I do think Emery definitely deserves time, of course he does, he's done a decent (but not excellent) job so far, and a Europa Leauge trophy is still a possiblity (which would then make this season a relative success).

But still it can't be denied that some of the way he sets up (considering he already knows our deficiencies) is absolutely bemusing.

@GDeep™ I think we've gone forward in some aspects; backwards in others.

We've definitely improved in regards to general running and the pressing (when we want to press).

In fact I think if we made pressing and quick attacking our main style we'd have blown a lot of teams away in our hunt for the top 4 in these last 8 games.

But Emery is too fearful and we just set up too defensively against teams away from home and the way we are still carved open is frankly almost unforgivable.

Our football is generally worse, but I maintain that it's not so much worse generally than it had been with Wenger towards the last 4 or so years of his tenure; there were some extremely stale possession type games with Wenger.

What I do think though is Emery's absolute worse performances are worringly bad, I don't think I have ever seen something as bad as Bate away under Wenger, the fear in the line up and complete lack of ability to create anything despite having the ball, it was wretched.

I think Emery deserves one more season, but I must admit these last 8 games, Newcastle aside have been bitterly disappointing and I really can't believe we capitulated soo badly, if the same happens again next season then Emery should definitely leave.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Whether you are Emery out or Emery in or neutral , next season is make or break for Arsenal football club . This season has raised more questions than answers , Should have seen Emery's vision implemented by now but I'm seeing all parts of this team disintergrating .

I think this is the wrong line of thinking man, the club needs an multi year rebuild. Trying to cobble together an aging, mediocre squad that can squeak into the CL won’t put is in a long term healthy position.

The board is failing us, we don’t even have a DoF ffs. Scouting and recruitment has been in a vacuum for years. Club’s a shambles.

Artisan

Not Emery's Old Pal
More than Emery as manager, I'm concerned about the structure at the club. This summer is going to be vital for us, but who exactly is going to be in charge? We've binned the one guy who had a good track record, so now we've got Raul who admits finding players isn't his specialty, an ex-Sky lawyer with no qualification in the field and a manager who is a totally unproven quality in the market since he's always operated under a DoF at his previous major jobs.

So basically all our future hopes rest on Emery, who might not even be manager in a year, proving he's got an eye for talent and bringing in the right players in at bargain price. Feels like we are ****ed.
My hope is that we had already finalized our target list before Sven departed since this sort of thing get done in advance before the end of the season.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

I think this is the wrong line of thinking man, the club needs an multi year rebuild. Trying to cobble together an aging, mediocre squad that can squeak into the CL won’t put is in a long term healthy position.

The board is failing us, we don’t even have a DoF ffs. Scouting and recruitment has been in a vacuum for years. Club’s a shambles.

I agree with you , what I am saying is visible implementation and planning has to start next year . We done **** all integrating of our youth players this year as well , there's just nothing to show for this season.

MustOezil

I agree with you , what I am saying is visible implementation and planning has to start next year . We done **** all integrating of our youth players this year as well , there's just nothing to show for this season.

I think you are both right here. The team needs a multi year project and we and all of its stakeholders need to be concerned if the results are bad.

squallman

Still Pining for Wenger
Emery absolutely deserves some criticism, it would be crazy to state otherwise.

But, unless you are fighting relegation, why would you want to change managers every season. Suppose the same return happens again next season with someone else in charge - which is quite possible. Change them too?

C’mon, look at the big picture. This season could be going worse in so many more ways.

You can't be serious with this post.

The only time we should sack a manager is if we're fighting relegation? This is Arsenal.

I know you put in the caveat of "every season". But who is asking to change managers every season? The discussion is about the current manager.

Our floor cannot be that low. Different clubs have different standards. At Barcelona, you get sacked for not winning the league or CL.

At Arsenal, the standard MUST be higher than "fighting relegation" or dismissing all criticism with "well it could be going worse in so many more ways."

What kind of attitude is that to have?

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻

Out of curiosity, do you think Emery is the manager for a multi year rebuild? I think an established manager would baulk at this and I wonder if the pro Arteta fans were on the right path.

Tourbillion

Angry & Miserable
More than Emery as manager, I'm concerned about the structure at the club. This summer is going to be vital for us, but who exactly is going to be in charge? We've binned the one guy who had a good track record, so now we've got Raul who admits finding players isn't his specialty, an ex-Sky lawyer with no qualification in the field and a manager who is a totally unproven quality in the market since he's always operated under a DoF at his previous major jobs.

So basically all our future hopes rest on Emery, who might not even be manager in a year, proving he's got an eye for talent and bringing in the right players in at bargain price. Feels like we are ****ed.
My hope is that we had already finalized our target list before Sven departed since this sort of thing get done in advance before the end of the season.
This is what depresses me so much. I'm petrified. How in ****s name did it get like this?

MaraDon

Wants you to learn about football
On top of everything, he’s neglected youth. Terrible terrible stuff from Emery.
how?
we have AMN, Guendouzi, Holding, Iwobi, and the 2 kids in Germany.

Problem is that his football has no identity at all, and i was willing to pass that as long as we get into the CL again. If we dont get into the CL he should leave.

MaraDon

CL changes everything, more money, more expectations, we are no longer a tier 1 club, we are barely a tier 2, getting into the CL puts you in the map.
Will you trust this multi year rebuild to someone that his main idea of football is to complicate the rival instead of imposing his style? we are a big club we can do better than that.

MaraDon

Why does Emery start Mkhi and Iwobi every single game!! Give the youngsters a chance, why start some players u know wont bring any to the game... Didnt he say when he arived that he will give the young players a chance?

And today when he finally subbed Iwobi he brings in Guendozi, yep thats the way trying to go forward when we need to! And Guendozi is no way in form aswelll...
Why not give Nketiah a chance from start or Willock....

More then ever these last games i dont get Emerys tactics...
because they are not good enough.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Out of curiosity, do you think Emery is the manager for a multi year rebuild? I think an established manager would baulk at this and I wonder if the pro Arteta fans were on the right path.
No manager in modern football will stay 3+ years so you'll need to have a very good scouting staff and Dof so we won't be in deep s* *t when we replace manager

MaraDon

And btw, i think he had a good season and our transition was quite smooth.
yet without CL is not good enough and we should look somewhere else.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
No manager in modern football will stay 3+ years so you'll need to have a very good scouting staff and Dof so we won't be in deep s* *t when we replace manager
Fair point and in August, everyone was happy because we had that....Klopp and Eddie Howe seem to be in for the long haul at their clubs and no rumours about Pep so we can hopefully find a manager for this project if we want to.

GunnerBP

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
At this rate, we need to seriously examine how big of a mistake it might have been not signing Arteta as our new coach.

Clearly, Arteta has no head coach experience, but all we have to do is look at Erik ten Haag at Ajax.

Prior to coaching at Ajax his only coaching experience was Go Ahead Eagles in the Dutch second division, coaching Bayern II, and finally two seasons at F Utrecht. Learning from Pep Guardiola at Bayern was a pivotal stage in his coaching career. Also, Erik had a far less successful coaching career.

Arteta has quickly become one of Pep's trusted assistants, and as our former captain, he clearly knew the club inside and out.

I'm growing increasingly more confident that Arteta would have been a far better choice than Emery.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom