• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Granit Xhaka: Next Captain?

Which best describes your opinion of Xhaka?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
Not many posts that legit make me laugh out loud :lol:

You are totally besotted with such a bang average player. I get where you're coming from wanting more physicality, but we need aim for better than Xhaka in terms of that.

I dont even put him in that category

His physicality is not what I like about him

It is a bonus that he is more physical than everybodies darling puny Cazorla thou

Last edited:

Ricardinho

La Liga Correspondent
I dont even put him in that category

His physicality is not what I like about him

It is a bonus that he is more physical than everybodies darking puny Cazorla thou

I find it bizarre how any arsenal fan can dislike Santi as much as you do. It's one thing to not really rate him as a player but with you it seems well over the top. Especially when the majority of our squads during the years he was here have said he's one of the best they've played with.

scytheavatar

Established Member
We got an upgrade on Coquelin with Torreira but a downgrade on Santi with Xhaka.

Except we didn't get an upgrade on Coq with Torreira, fans are overrating Torreira who truth be told has been pretty bad for most of the second half of this season. He has been playing further up the pitch and looks lost, so how much of that is his fault is debatable. But Torreira needs to improve a lot next season before he can be considered an upgrade from Coq and someone who can carry us forward in the next years.

Jasard

Forum Issue Troubleshooter

Except we didn't get an upgrade on Coq with Torreira, fans are overrating Torreira who truth be told has been pretty bad for most of the second half of this season. He has been playing further up the pitch and looks lost, so how much of that is his fault is debatable. But Torreira needs to improve a lot next season before he can be considered an upgrade from Coq and someone who can carry us forward in the next years.

I think he has shown enough quality. Everyone looks **** because the team is in such a bad way. It's tricky to seperate the causes and victims.

thierrytheking14

Mate, Coquelin was sh**e.

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
I find it bizarre how any arsenal fan can dislike Santi as much as you do. It's one thing to not really rate him as a player but with you it seems well over the top. Especially when the majority of our squads during the years he was here have said he's one of the best they've played with.

That is the point, I LOVE Cazorla, he seems like such a loveable fella

He did well over excpectations as CM, very technically gifted.

I just hate the over hype, like he would solve everything, he wouldnt solve anything, he did alright under Coqs purple

In hindsight Maybe we should not even have bought Özil, an injury free Cazorla might still be here...

I dont like or think we should play that type of player both physically and skill wise as CM thou.

Xhaka paired a true DM would make us so solid
I LOVE Torreira to but we will come up short (pun intended) if we face big athletes,

If our acm was more physically imposing we can get away with Torreira..

If we played 3 cms, xha, Tor + a ramsey type player compensates each other well

Last edited:

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
Bonus to what? Ability to **** in the trousers when someone presses him? Taking years to think and make a pass?

Takes time because who is there to pass? Only Ramsey and he doesn't play much :(

Heck even Flamini had that skill.
Or it happened during the last shreds of Wenger bothering with organizing the team.

We are slightly better Then the last couple of Wenger season, Xhaka is less exposed now but we need more

RacingPhoton

Established Member
Takes time because who is there to pass? Only Ramsey and he doesn't play much :(

Heck even Flamini had that skill.
Or it happened during the last shreds of Wenger bothering with organizing the team.

We are slightly better Then the last couple of Wenger season, Xhaka is less exposed now but we need more
Cazorla didn't seem to have that problem. He was quick in making decisions.
Still, the way Xhaka gives away the ball near to our own box regularly is just unacceptable. There are no excuses for that.
And why do we need to build our team around someone with so many deficiencies?

Last edited:

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
That is the point, I LOVE Cazorla, he seems like such a loveable fella

He did well over excpectations as CM, very technically gifted.

I just hate the over hype, like he would solve everything, he wouldnt solve anything, he did alright under Coqs purple

In hindsight Maybe we should not even have bought Özil, an injury free Cazorla might still be here...

I dont like or think we should play that type of player both physically and skill wise as CM thou.

Xhaka paired a true DM would make us so solid
I LOVE Torreira to but we will come up short (pun intended) if we face big athletes,

If our acm was more physically imposing we can get away with Torreira..

If we played 3 cms, xha, Tor + a ramsey type player compensates each other well
I'm glad you're not our manager :lol:. Our team would just be a brick with no creativity!
Not that we have much creativity right now..........

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
I'm glad you're not our manager :lol:. Our team would just be a brick with no creativity!
Not that we have much creativity right now..........
I bet he still dreams of having players like Gilberto and Vieira, guys that could do everything from defending to scoring goals, with good passing and football understanding.

Back to reality, there is no chance Xhaka will move. From some comments, I think that Emery could replace Ramsey with ESR and play with balanced 3 midfield of Xhaka, Torreira and ESR.
The only bad thing about is, ESR is an injury prone player, another Wilshere/Diaby type that has great talent but misses most of the season.
It's his second year already that he missed more than half of the season, and he just began playing pro football.

Tourbillion

Angry & Miserable
I bet he still dreams of having players like Gilberto and Vieira, guys that could do everything from defending to scoring goals, with good passing and football understanding.

Back to reality, there is no chance Xhaka will move. From some comments, I think that Emery could replace Ramsey with ESR and play with balanced 3 midfield of Xhaka, Torreira and ESR.
The only bad thing about is, ESR is an injury prone player, another Wilshere/Diaby type that has great talent but misses most of the season.
It's his second year already that he missed more than half of the season, and he just began playing pro football.
FML. Did he miss much of last season too? Don't remember that.

Erlis

Only Came To See Granit Xhaka

Erlis would be sending death threats.

Not worth it.

American_Gooner would blame anyone but not Emery. Honestly, I didn't watch the game, therefore I can not give an opinion about it. From the result I can see that the performances were not as good as it should be.

I think if the right decisions were made from the beginning of the season Arsenal would not have to fight at the end of the season to reach top four. I think that means a lot of pressure even on the players. When I wrote in Shkodran's thread that it is the time to stand behind the team like less than month ago, people were accusing me that I am defending my own but I don't think they have seen me bashing other players as well.

Let's hope now for Europa League.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
FML. Did he miss much of last season too? Don't remember that.
He did miss a bit actually. Missed 2 months of football early in the season with his knee injury but he came back in form a la Amaechi. It could be that he's injury prone but let's wait on that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom