• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Unai Emery: Adios

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sapient Hawk

Can You Smell What The Hawk Is Cooking?
Trusted ⭐

I think this is the wrong line of thinking man, the club needs an multi year rebuild. Trying to cobble together an aging, mediocre squad that can squeak into the CL won’t put is in a long term healthy position.

The board is failing us, we don’t even have a DoF ffs. Scouting and recruitment has been in a vacuum for years. Club’s a shambles.

Shambles is putting it mildly. This club is the epitome of gross mismanagement.

The silver lining is that, as bad as we are, we're not in complete freefall like United.

scytheavatar

Established Member
United can turn things around, they have huge income and players to sell, we have none of that.

We can sell players too, selling guys like Özil and Mkhi will be hard but I am sure we can find takers for Xhaka/Iwobi/Mustafi. If we are desperate and for the right price we can sell Laca/Auba, will not be a popular choice for fans but it would raise big money.

Lady_Gooner

Posting While Meditating
Trusted ⭐

Emery will need some luck with our transfer budget. I know salah was always good but when Liverpool signed him I doubt they envisaged he’d be this good for them. Same with Mane.. but all we get is bum after bum, average after average

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
We can sell players too, selling guys like Özil and Mkhi will be hard but I am sure we can find takers for Xhaka/Iwobi/Mustafi. If we are desperate and for the right price we can sell Laca/Auba, will not be a popular choice for fans but it would raise big money.
People are mad if they think we're going to offload Xhaka.... We're already losing Ramsey.
Not a big Xhaka fan but he has had a decent season and we'd be leaving ourselves bare if we sell.
We are not going to see a big summer transfer kitty so this is literally wish-list stuff.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Emery will need some luck with our transfer budget. I know salah was always good but when Liverpool signed him I doubt they envisaged he’d be this good for them. Same with Mane.. but all we get is bum after bum, average after average
Liverpool have always spent big money, but they’ve wasted it, just recently they’ve started spending well.

I see what you’re saying though.

Lady_Gooner

Posting While Meditating
Trusted ⭐

Liverpool have always spent big money, but they’ve wasted it, just recently they’ve started spending well.

I see what you’re saying though.

Yh I know I just mean it’s their 2 35m forwards that went better than they could’ve hoped for that make a difference. We needed mustafi to also surprise us and make the difference at a similar price instead we got a massive bum.. if that makes sense

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
Wouldn’t say Utd are in free fall, they are one good manager away from being the top 2 clubs in England again.
Yup, people are allowing this United in decline thing to cloud their judgement. Chelsea finished 8th and then won the league. A few key changes to United and they're right up there again. Huge, big money, big presence of a club. They're not in freefall, even if I wish they were.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
I don't think we can get much for Mustafi anymore, for Iwobi it could be 20m, and selling Xhaka would just leave a hole in our midfield. On today market money that we can get for them is not enough to buy quality.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
Emery is the only manager in the top 6 who can't be sure that his best player is going to turn up if he picks him. Tough position to be in.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Emery is the only manager in the top 6 who can't be sure that his best player is going to turn up if he picks him. Tough position to be in.
Come on what sort of post is this? Ramsey is his best player anyway.

Never saw you do this for Wenger? For Wenger you could’ve wrote a “Wenger is the only manager in the top 6” list...

PoleInGoal

Player:Tomiyasu
Calling for Emery to be sacked is very reactionary. Yes we've been **** for the last few games but we need to consider the personnel situation and the hectic schedule.

I'm sure if we end up winning the EL he'll some on here will suddenly start calling him the best manager in the world. We need to wait till the end of the season to make a balanced judgment.

GDeep™

League is very weak
In modern football a manager is quickly under pressure. The days of a manager having 2/3 seasons are gone.

Look at Sarri? He was under pressure in his first month. This isn’t even an Emery thing, ANY new manager who goes through a tough period will be under intense pressure. The modern fan wants immediate changes.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
Come on what sort of post is this? Ramsey is his best player anyway.

Never saw you do this for Wenger? For Wenger you could’ve wrote a “Wenger is the only manager in the top 6” list...
Why are you bringing up Wenger? Unreal hypocrisy, but not surprising.
Look at Sarri? He was under pressure in his first month.
Lmao, he was unbeaten in his first 12 PL matches which was a record.

PoleInGoal

Player:Tomiyasu
In modern football a manager is quickly under pressure. The days of a manager having 2/3 seasons are gone.

Look at Sarri? He was under pressure in his first month. This isn’t even an Emery thing, ANY new manager who goes through a tough period will be under intense pressure. The modern fan wants immediate changes.
I accept that's the way the game is going, I just think it's a bit ironic that people are crying about the arsenal philosophy and calling for the sack, when one part of the philosophy of the last 20 years (regardless of success) was stability and development.

Before anyone gets up in arms about it, I'm not advocating keeping Emery for the sake of longevity, but I think it's hard to argue that there have been promising signs despite the mediocre personnel and injury issues. Compared to Wenger, the tactical flexibility and pragmatism have been very welcome changes for me. I think he deserves an opportunity to show if he can improve further on these traits next season

scytheavatar

Established Member
Wouldn’t say Utd are in free fall, they are one good manager away from being the top 2 clubs in England again.

Utd has brought poorly over the past few seasons, when was the last time they actually got value for the money they have spent? Mourinho overachieved last season for the players he has, Utd is going to need a squad revamp to get themselves to the level of title contenders. No different from us and Chelsea.

scytheavatar

Established Member
People are mad if they think we're going to offload Xhaka.... We're already losing Ramsey.
Not a big Xhaka fan but he has had a decent season and we'd be leaving ourselves bare if we sell.
We are not going to see a big summer transfer kitty so this is literally wish-list stuff.

Sell Xhaka, buy Rúben Neves. Chances are we will make a profit and get an upgrade in the position. Not a huge upgrade but Neves is young and has a much higher ceiling than Xhaka.

Beksl

Sell All The Youngsters

This is Arsenal, we won’t go from 22 years of stability to changing managers left and right after a bad patch of results.

Chelsea is such a bad example btw, notoriously incompetent with their managers. I guess it comes as no surprise when you’re a play thing for a rich oligarch only driven by instant results.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom