• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The Wish List

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Main two players I'd like to see are an LB and a CB.

LB:

This is a position that IMO is the weakest in the team. Monreal, bless him, is declining steadily and doesn't seem to be up to the rigors of the league anymore. Kolasinac IMO is a pretty average defender who performs one specific action very well (we have a few players like this already :lol:). So I think a LB - particularly one with some pace - is important. The safe choice for me would be Kieran Tierney, but there are two LBs from the Championship that I think would be good pick-ups. The first is Jamal Lewis, who's been the mainstay of a team at the top of the Championship and has been very impressive opposite another young full-back, Max Aarons. My darkhorse pick however is Rico Henry. Henry's a player I've wanted us to bring in since I first saw highlights for him playing for Walsall as a teenager:
He's had some injury issues but seems to have put them behind him and returned to the Brentford starting XI, scoring a goal and getting 2 assists since returning. He's become a pretty reliable defender since joining Brentford but he's got a LOT of attacking potential and he would suit the kind of dynamic we're looking for from an attacking full-back.

CB:

The 2 CBs I'm thinking of are Jonathan Tah and Ibrahima Konate. Tah is the older, more experienced player and slightly taller (6'5) but both players are excellent physically, good in the air and can pass very well. Neither defender easily beaten. With the amount of young CBs at the club, I lean towards Tah who is still pretty young himself at 23, but he's been a mainstay of his team for quite a while now.

Bit of a weird one isn’t it? I think Henry is the more talented of the two but he’s made of glass.

If him and Lewis had the same injury record it’d be no contest and I think Henry would be knocking on the door for England even with all their options.

I think he’s got two years left on his contract and Brentford have had problems with getting young players to renew. Would be interesting to see what their valuation of him is.

I’d feel easier with Lewis myself though, think he’s destined to be a good consistent full back if maybe not quite as talented as Rico. Still lots of room for development though, will be at a top 6 club before long.

Mudi

Donny van de Beek

Just came here to write the same. Same style as Ramsey but better close control and game reading.

I would take Ziyech as well. Creative right winger who can beat his man, what an upgrade he would be on our wings ...

darkgunner

Players I would dump this summer:
Mustafi - 20m
Elneny - 12m
Jenkinson - 2m
Özil - 25m
Xhaka -30m
Mkhitaryan - 17m
Chambers - 15m
Ospina - 5m
Monreal - 2m
Lichtsteiner - Release

Players leaving on a free:
Welbeck - we should try to renew for one or two years
Cech (retirement)

Total = 128m sales + 70m transfer budget = 198m to spend

Players I'd buy:
LB: Max Aarons- 20m
CB: Ibrahima Konate- 50m
RW: Hirving Lozano - 30m
CM: Ruben Neves- 45m
AM: Donny Van de Beek - 40m
DM/CB: Isaac Hayden - 5m
CB: Matt Clark - 5m

Total = 195m

Players back from loan into squad:
Nelson
Martinez
ESR
Bielik

Academy players promoted into first team squad:
Saka
Willock
ESR

Academy players to loan out:
Amaechi
Nketiah (if Welbeck does not leave)

Squad players to loan out:
Mavropanos
Guendouzi

Squad:
GK: Leno, Martinez, Macey
CB: Koscielny, Sokratis, Holding, Konate, Bielik, Clark
RB: Bellerin, Maitland-Niles
LB: Aarons, Kolasinac
DM: Torreira, Hayden
CM: Neves, Willock
AM: Van de Beek, ESR
RW: Lozano, Saka
LW: Nelson, Iwobi
ST: Lacazette, Aubameyang, Welbeck/Nketiah

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant
Just came here to write the same. Same style as Ramsey but better close control and game reading.

I would take Ziyech as well. Creative right winger who can beat his man, what an upgrade he would be on our wings ...
Ziyech is such a great player.
I don’t like van de beek playing style. But it’s good that he is better in close control and game reading than ramsey

Last edited:

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
Let's go champ. We may be teetering around 5th and 6th but we are a huge club for the right player. The likes of Leicester, Wolves, Palace and Everton have some top players, who would see us as a huge step up.

IN: Maguire (60m), Neves/Tielemanns/Gueye (40m), Sessegnon (25m allegedly) and Zaha (65m). Plus Martinelli. All these players would see us as a privilege to play for.

Yes that's around 190m of talent but we have players to sell namely:

Chambers 25m
Mustafi 20m
Nacho 5m
El Nenny 10m
Mkhi 20m
Ospina and Martinez 10m

Plus a heap of players off the wage bill.

DermzAFC

Let's go champ. We may be teetering around 5th and 6th but we are a huge club for the right player. The likes of Leicester, Wolves, Palace and Everton have some top players, who would see us as a huge step up.

IN: Maguire (60m), Neves/Tielemanns/Gueye (40m), Sessegnon (25m allegedly) and Zaha (65m). Plus Martinelli. All these players would see us as a privilege to play for.

Yes that's around 190m of talent but we have players to sell namely:

Chambers 25m
Mustafi 20m
Nacho 5m
El Nenny 10m
Mkhi 20m
Ospina and Martinez 10m

Plus a heap of players off the wage bill.
Who would play in goals if Leno got injured?

Latest posts

Top Bottom