• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mesut Özil: Time to Move Ön?

Do you want Özil sold this summer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

MaraDon

Wants you to learn about football
Where a lot of our key players have abandoned us, Mesut has remained. Your Cesc’s, Nasri’s, Van Judas’, heck even the Hleb’s and Vermaelen’s. They all left us. Özil wants to remain here- if you don’t respect the player respect his loyalty. He’s never been swayed.

Now, please, in unison..

We got Özil..
Mesut Özil.
I just don’t think you understand..
He’s Unai Emery’s man,
He’s better than Zidane,
We got Mesut Özil.

Mesut is on 350k + Image rights + Playing in the most watched league in the planet.

I like him as a player but:

frank-zappa-were-only-in-it-for-the-money-vinilo-nuevo-lp-D_NQ_NP_607680-MLA29095325310_012019-F.jpg

MaraDon

Wants you to learn about football
You can’t condone it but tbh if I was offered a 100% pay rise whilst having to do f*ck all I’d take it.

Gazidis sanctioning it is what f*cked us.
We couldnt lose both Alexis and Özil in the same window, it would have been devastated for the club reputation.

We did all we can to keep our most marketable player.

Reactions: A_G

say yes

forum master baiter
Where a lot of our key players have abandoned us, Mesut has remained. Your Cesc’s, Nasri’s, Van Judas’, heck even the Hleb’s and Vermaelen’s. They all left us. Özil wants to remain here- if you don’t respect the player respect his loyalty. He’s never been swayed.

Now, please, in unison..

We got Özil..
Mesut Özil.
I just don’t think you understand..
He’s Unai Emery’s man,
He’s better than Zidane,
We got Mesut Özil.

Nobody wants to sign him mate. We’re probably going to have to pay somebody to take him off us like United with Sanchez.

say yes

forum master baiter
Except he’s playing regularly and performing in a team that could still get top 4 and maybe win the EL? You know we won’t be paying to get rid like Sanchez.

On a pay cut most clubs will take him also.

Incredibly generous to describe Özil as ‘performing’.

How many assists is our creative wizard on for the season now? Two?

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
Nobody wants to sign him mate. We’re probably going to have to pay somebody to take him off us like United with Sanchez.

Plenty of clubs would love Özil. I don’t get where this whole “nobody wants him” narrative comes from. I’m fairly sure we’re watching a different player.

I’m happy for him to be here tbh. £350k p/w is probably excessive but it is what it is. We have other high earners with an eighth of Özil’s talent.

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
Plenty of clubs would love Özil. I don’t get where this whole “nobody wants him” narrative comes from. I’m fairly sure we’re watching a different player.

I’m happy for him to be here tbh. £350k p/w is probably excessive but it is what it is. We have other high earners with an eighth of Özil’s talent.

You could probably count the number of clubs that wouldn't like to have Özil on one hand. Of course you could also probably count the number of clubs who could afford to pay him on two hands.

Now that it seems he and Emery have come to an understanding and are basically on the same page, I'm delighted to have him stay. While he's far from a perfect player, he has talents that few others possess. Hopefully with a good summer transfer window things will be more settled next season, the team will be more consistent and Özil will be more consistent. If that's the case, it should be a lot of fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom