• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mesut Özil: Time to Move Ön?

Do you want Özil sold this summer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

arsenefc

Obsessed With Guendouzi
Özil is god. Emery rested him carefully during the leceister game, fluffed his pillows, brought him soothing drinks and read bedtime stories to him, while massaging his quadriceps. Özil repaid it by running the game and putting the semi to bed.

Now before the jury convicts me of pretending that Özil did it all alone, let me say, I know that there are 11 players on the field for a team. I really do know this.

Some world weary folks from far away and near, have transferred their modus operandi of the last year to this thread, and thats not fair, even if we agree to their theory, that Özil became slothful and lost his touch after meeting the Dark Wizard Erdogan.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Don’t agree with your comments on Sp**s. They’ve net spent nearly nothing over the last 5-7 years and I suspect will enter into a protracted period of pain like we have to pay off the stadium. They “got lucky” in that they’ve recruited well and sold players like Bale, Modric for large sums that they’ve mostly reinvested. And developed good home grown players.

I think we’ve done a decent job in recent times building our commercial revenue but the management of our players on the “sell” side of the equation has been nothing short of economic vandalism.

When you look at the table though, 3 similarly sized clubs with similar financial clout (arsenal, Chelsea, Tottenham) are all very evenly poised. Liverpool are having a blinder and have built a better squad by selling coutinho, Suarez and reinvesting the funds well.

The whole equation is skewed by an Oil money ran club that cheats the ffp rules and distorts the market. But if EPL and UEFA do nothing then more fool us for sinking money into our clubs hoping to win the league again one day.
Agree with all that but not sure about Chelsea though. They’re slowing down now with Abramovic cooling off. But their squad is still £600m+ . Got a feeling the next few years will be tough for them without the investment they’ve been used to. And if they have to pay back the £1bn Fordstam loan as well, they’ll nose dive.

Looked lovely again but as the team fell off there wasn't much for him to do in the second half.

We need Emery to find the right buttons to push so the team can work like machine around Özil in the final games of the season!

Hope

Less
Others just pure suck around him. Apart from laca and somewhat auba and somewhat miki, there is no one who can play in tight spaces to do something meaningful with the ball .

Hope next season he gets some movement.

Hold the ball well today, never gave possession, once he was getting the ball we started creating.

But once again will be made scape goat i know.

Godwin1

Very well-known
Others just pure suck around him. Apart from laca and somewhat auba and somewhat miki, there is no one who can play in tight spaces to do something meaningful with the ball .

Hold the ball well today, never gave possession, once he was getting the ball we started creating.

So yesterday was one of his good performances? Standards are really slipping round here.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
So yesterday was one of his good performances? Standards are really slipping round here.
Beat me too it. I use to love this player but this season has really put me off. If yesterday is considered one of his better performances then we should get rid.
We lack an X-Factor and for those wages he SHOULD be it but he quite simply isn't.
When last can someone actually say this lad won a game for us? Hazard does this for Chelsea. Mane/Salah do it for Pool.

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny

Not seen a single person have a go at Özil about yesterday seems youre almost wishing it would happen.

But while you’ve got me started....defo one of the better performers yesterday but pushed off the ball way too easily several times. I don’t think he’s anywhere strong enough, certainly not for the Prem.

Last edited:

stiiphunn

Established Member
Looked lovely again but as the team fell off there wasn't much for him to do in the second half.

We need Emery to find the right buttons to push so the team can work like machine around Özil in the final games of the season!
I think Özil is a world-class player - at least potentially. I used to love watching him play - he makes it look so easy, always makes the right decisions, his passing ability is out of this world, etc.

I don't know what happened but he's clearly been under-performing for a while now. And maybe it's because I expect too much from him... I just think that with his quality and skills he should be helping the team much more. He should win us games - even when some of his teammates are struggling around him. Someone like Sanchez was able to do this. He was winning us games even when we were poor. It seems as if Özil doesn't have this ability to lift his teammates. If the whole team clicks, he's great. But if we're struggling, then he can't help us anymore.

Maybe this is harsh. I just expected much more from a player like Özil.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

That’s not harsh at all mate. He’s got 2 assists all season ffs.

Don't worry the Özil ultras will spin the assist maestro having 2 assists all season into him having an excellent season productivity wise. You'd think they wouldn't be able to but by God they will try.

Seriously 2 ****ing assists. Unbelievable. The 350k a week is pretty much paying for itself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom