• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Unai Emery: Adios

Status
Not open for further replies.

stiiphunn

Established Member
We need a complete restructure and different approach to compete with the top teams in this league.

That involves the owner digging deep, us attracting players to a long term project like Liverpool has done and saying this is the turning point for Arsenal. We are doing things differently and we mean business.

That won't happen we will continue to shop in the 15-35m price range and to do that and succeed you need luck.
Agreed with this. I don't know what's happening within the club but I don't find it reassuring at all. We've lost a few of our executives (Gazidis, etc.) and, looking at the January transfer window, it seems as if we're doing things on the cheap. Moving away from the pitch for a second, I just don't know what our strategy is at the moment. I just don't see a philosophy or a vision coming out of Arsenal these days.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
Agreed with this. I don't know what's happening within the club but I don't find it reassuring at all. We've lost a few of our executives (Gazidis, etc.) and, looking at the January transfer window, it seems as if we're doing things on the cheap. Moving away from the pitch for a second, I just don't know what our strategy is at the moment. I just don't see a philosophy or a vision coming out of Arsenal these days.

The problem is we have an owner who isn't interested.

When the owners of City, when Abramovich took of Chelsea the vision from them was we want to own the best team in England. Because that represents me as a successful owner. And it didn't matter how much it cost.

If you have say 10 billion in the bank spending 500m over a couple of years is nothing.

Our owner seems to want to have his fingers in all these pies but not actually make much of a difference.

stiiphunn

Established Member
The problem is we have an owner who isn't interested.

When the owners of City, when Abramovich took of Chelsea the vision from them was we want to own the best team in England. Because that represents me as a successful owner. And it didn't matter how much it cost.

If you have say 10 billion in the bank spending 500m over a couple of years is nothing.

Our owner seems to want to have his fingers in all these pies but not actually make much of a difference.
Yep. There is a lack of drive/direction from the top. When Wenger was at the helm, it wasn't too apparent. And Wenger was actually blamed for a lot of this. But now that we have a coach - as opposed to a manager - it's pretty obvious that something is missing up there...

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
The first year to have us challenging top 4 and in a semi final is good enough.

He has came to England had to learn the language had to see how things worked at Arsenal and seen which players are worth keeping.

Next season is the judgement season. With a few more of his own players and another preseason with no world cup or euros.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
Yep. There is a lack of drive/direction from the top. When Wenger was at the helm, it wasn't too apparent. And Wenger was actually blamed for a lot of this. But now that we have a coach - as opposed to a manager - it's pretty obvious that something is missing up there...

The good thing is Emery I think will be more outspoken. For example he wanted to make it very clear to the fans and media that he had been told there was no money in January.

Had that been Wenger I think he would have been saying he was happy with his squad but if something exceptional came to fruit we would go for it. Which would have made us think that maybe it was Wenger who didn't want to risk a January signing.

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
Was not a fan of the triple sub while Brighton were right under the kosh yesterday in what was easily out most sustained period of effective attacking. Lost momentum for about ten minutes. Easy to talk in hindsight but I was screaming at the TV that it would happen when they were coming on. Fairly sure the neighbours heard me.

stiiphunn

Established Member
Some of our fans are unbelievable you stay patient with wenger that we were in slow decline since 2011 you can't stay patient for a new manager to rebuild?
My suspicion is that a lot of the people that wanted Wenger out as early as 2007 are probably the same ones that want Emery out now. Or perhaps it's their kids or their younger brothers/sisters. Anyway, I understand that people are emotional about this. We had a real chance of finishing 3rd or 4th but we absolutely blew it...

MustOezil

Because, fortunately, there are people with a lot more sense than you who know judgments are not based on hyperbole.

Emery is clearly on a 2 year plan, evident by his 2+1 contract. I don't see the need for final judgement after one season. On the contrary the board should fully support him this Summer with his plans to reshape the team to the playstyle he wants.

What hyperbole may I ask you? Nonsense.

Your argument about blind faith and 2 year plan sounds really cool, but watch him fail next year and then you will realize he siphoned two years of our players contracts away.

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
The idea he shouldnt get a second year is silly.

It's unrealistic to expect anyone to come in after Wenger, manage to achieve a total change in style, character and results of a team in one year,all with little money to play with.

Next season with a second transfer window and large changes to squad is when he should be judged.

Check

Dutch news had a title of an article like this: "Emery announces departure" and I felt so much happiness in my heart. Turns out it was about Welbeck, damn clickbait articles.
yeah Voetbalzone is one of the best in clickbait articles.

Don't want Emery to leave though. Have patience with him en wait how next season turns out. If he doesn't deliver next season, then it's time to start asking questions.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
My suspicion is that a lot of the people that wanted Wenger out as early as 2007 are probably the same ones that want Emery out now. Or perhaps it's their kids or their younger brothers/sisters. Anyway, I understand that people are emotional about this. We had a real chance of finishing 3rd or 4th but we absolutely blew it...
I know I'm angry about this but when these group of players make mistakes game after I'm afraid we don't deserve CL

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Was not a fan of the triple sub while Brighton were right under the kosh yesterday in what was easily out most sustained period of effective attacking. Lost momentum for about ten minutes. Easy to talk in hindsight but I was screaming at the TV that it would happen when they were coming on. Fairly sure the neighbours heard me.

Also Xhaka needed pulling way before he came off. Wasted two great opportunities from free kicks and ended up giving the goal away.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
What hyperbole may I ask you? Nonsense.

Your argument about blind faith and 2 year plan sounds really cool, but watch him fail next year and then you will realize he siphoned two years of our players contracts away.

And who's to say the next man coming in is gonna do any better. As for 2 years of our players contracts most of these players are not good enough for Arsenal.

How many managers have came into a team that is below par and won the league with them? We missed out on top 4 by a couple of points. That's life. Sp**s were 10 clear and dragged into a race. Chelsea have better players than us and struggled to get over the line. The biggest club in England is lost. So take a step back and accept that were are were we deserve to be and no manager would have made much difference.

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

yeah Voetbalzone is one of the best in clickbait articles.

Don't want Emery to leave though. Have patience with him en wait how next season turns out. If he doesn't deliver next season, then it's time to start asking questions.
Yeah I was actually surprised that I felt happy.

MustOezil

I already did. But you've chosen not to quote the rest of my post. Looking at what Emery has done over the years, I think he's a very good coach. I also think that we've been able to witness throughout the season where he wants to take this club in terms of style/philosophy. Yes, he made mistakes - of course, he did. And we haven't been consistent enough. But we've seen some good stuff as well. And, as I said, I think right now the bigger issue is whether we'll make the necessary investments over the summer to improve our squad.

As for the Klopp/Guardiola examples, it's just commons sense. I've taken these two - but also Ferguson - as examples because history shows that it takes time to build a team. It's not hard to understand why stability/time are required to build something successful. I know that there is a lot of pressure these days and people want results immediately. But it doesn't work like that. Even with all the money in the world (PSG, City, etc.), these things take time.

But I think you probably know all of this. I take it that you're just not a fan of Emery and that you don't think he's a good coach? If so, I'd be interested to hear what your plan would be for the next season or so.

Firstly thanks for the sensibse reply. Yes I am a big anti Emery individual, mainly because:

1. Our results are not there. Especially against the weaker teams that we should win. If the goal is to get back to the champions league money, he did a very poor job tactically most of those games.

2. Poor man management. He is known for not handling the PSG situation well, and hasn't really inspired the team holistically here. I don't see the fight, the constant fire and desire that was taunted. Emery fans will jump on the players, but it is the managers job to glue it all into the field.

3. He has been very dire with the football that he plays. It is predictable, it is suboptimal and it is plain boring to watch.

All in all he is not a man I would like to see in charge of Arsenal because I pride this club to be challenging for the title. It doesn't feel like Emery has even instilled a foundation for a team that could do so. It feels like he does not know what this team will be set up week in week out.

He is not the right person to be here for another 10 years. So why waste two years on him?

Your argument with Klopp and Guardiola do not hold because there are many counter examples. It is also cherry picked to fit into your argument to give Emery more time.

It doesn't take two years to build a team that will not collapse to crystal palace or Leicester the way Emery did.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

The idea he shouldnt get a second year is silly.

It's unrealistic to expect anyone to come in after Wenger, manage to achieve a total change in style, character and results of a team in one year,all with little money to play with.

Next season with a second transfer window and large changes to squad is when he should be judged.

Besides the point, if we sack Emery and appoint someone else we're literally starting from last summer again where a new coach will come in with his own ideas mightn't like half the players but will also be dealing with the budget of a championship side chasing the play-offs if we don't get CL or a side fighting relegation if we do.

stiiphunn

Established Member
I know I'm angry about this but when these group of players make mistakes game after I'm afraid we don't deserve CL
We definitely don't deserve it. The way we blew it is unacceptable. It shouldn't happen at this level. Our players were sleeping for most of the game yesterday - there was no drive.

MustOezil

And who's to say the next man coming in is gonna do any better. As for 2 years of our players contracts most of these players are not good enough for Arsenal.

How many managers have came into a team that is below par and won the league with them? We missed out on top 4 by a couple of points. That's life. Sp**s were 10 clear and dragged into a race. Chelsea have better players than us and struggled to get over the line. The biggest club in England is lost. So take a step back and accept that were are were we deserve to be and no manager would have made much difference.

And who is to say the next man who comes will be better? So better stick around with **** because you're too afraid to get bigger ****? Nice one

MustOezil

Also, who the **** ever mentioned we need to win the league with this team? Comfortable top 4 was realistic and thats what we should judge Emery on. Failed spectacularly. But sure whatever you can come up with to defend this fraud.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom