• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Unai Emery: Adios

Status
Not open for further replies.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Emery was so lucky during the first half of the season too. Seems like every game I watched we were getting pummeled by midtable teams in the first half only to miraculously stay in it and eventually win.
Story of our season with Emery, getting battered by lesser teams, up against the ropes hanging on for dear life.

Gamefaced

Emery was so lucky during the first half of the season too. Seems like every game I watched we were getting pummeled by midtable teams in the first half only to miraculously stay in it and eventually win.
Yep even our unbeaten run we were far from convincing. Teams looked like they were having more or just as many chances than us, but we were just converting them at the right time. playing how we were it was only a matter of time till the luck ran out, you spend a season doing what we were doing. The football was dire then, but people accepted it because we were winning.

OSBK

Established Member
The thing that's concerning is, Emery hasn't developed any sort of attacking form with these players.

He's not managed to get Auba Özil and Lacazette playing well at all. We look devoid of ideas when attacking

I think auba and laca have played well. 3rd best attacking duo in the epl. The form of everyone else has been utter garbage and our 2 lads up front can only bail them out so long.

Your spot on about attacking. But aside from ramsey there is not another midfielder or attacker in the squad that compliments our front 2. Klopp knew he had a brilliant front 3 so went out and got fabinho and kieta who both compliment those front guys perfect.

Sanchez11

Nobody Is Coming!

The thing that's concerning is, Emery hasn't developed any sort of attacking form with these players.

He's not managed to get Auba Özil and Lacazette playing well at all. We look devoid of ideas when attacking
If you play 2 cfs you need width and pace which we dont have. The 442 diamond worked reasonably well imo.

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
I think auba and laca have played well. 3rd best attacking duo in the epl. The form of everyone else has been utter garbage and our 2 lads up front can only bail them out so long.

Your spot on about attacking. But aside from ramsey there is not another midfielder or attacker in the squad that compliments our front 2. Klopp knew he had a brilliant front 3 so went out and got fabinho and kieta who both compliment those front guys perfect.

Yeah I think Laca Auba have done as well as you could expect. Under a team playing better they'd both score a lot more in my opinion, despite their flaws.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Much like the end of Wenger's tenure for long periods. People forget that. We were utterly toothless on so many occasions. Lest we forget not registering a solitary shot on goal against top 6 sides on how many occasions? That wasn't because we played good football!

The White Pelè

Human Highlight Reel
Not having Bellerin for all the second part of the season has costed us in terms of play and ability to create chances. Emery trusts him a lot with his overlaps and ability to always be dangerous everytime he pushes forward.

It isn't a case we tend to attack more down the left than the right after his injury.

yybecause

Formerly known as ArsenaLover
I miss Bellerin more for his build up play. Nothing fancy there, but he knows how to use his touch and acceleration in short spaces to create enough distance from his marker and keep the ball moving.

Ceballinhos

Cheating on Santi

There is a huge lack of creativity in the team.

Özil hasn't been good enough even if the fanboys will say otherwise. He's been decent for most of the season, but I expect him to be in the same bracket as KDB, Bernardo Silva, or Cesc when he was our main playmaker. He isn't. I wish he was playing more like he was during his fantastic half season where he was on the verge of breaking the assist record.
He was running the offense back then. He was doing absolutely everything and that's what I expect such a talented player to do.

Iwobi isn't good enough. At best he's a rotation player who gets 10/15 games. But he's way to unreliable even though he was promising at some point in the season.
But you can't trust him to create something on a consistent basis.

And then there's Mkhi who is my biggest disappointment of the season. He's been good for less than a month in the season. I was expecting so much better from him because he was a fantastic player for Dortmund back in the days, and had a really promising start when we brought him.

Laca who did his best to help the team play better and he did good at the expense of goals imo. He had a lot of assists, a lot of fantastic plays. With more creativity within the team he would have focused more on goal scoring like he was at Lyon.

Auba has never been a complete striker who helps your team play better football. He's overrall game is pretty poor but he's a great goalscorer.

We need much much more stronger wide options + a creative CM to have a much better offense.

Furious

Emery Gone, Telly Back On
There is a huge lack of creativity in the team.

Özil hasn't been good enough even if the fanboys will say otherwise. He's been decent for most of the season, but I expect him to be in the same bracket as KDB, Bernardo Silva, or Cesc when he was our main playmaker. He isn't. I wish he was playing more like he was during his fantastic half season where he was on the verge of breaking the assist record.
He was running the offense back then. He was doing absolutely everything and that's what I expect such a talented player to do.

Iwobi isn't good enough. At best he's a rotation player who gets 10/15 games. But he's way to unreliable even though he was promising at some point in the season.
But you can't trust him to create something on a consistent basis.

And then there's Mkhi who is my biggest disappointment of the season. He's been good for less than a month in the season. I was expecting so much better from him because he was a fantastic player for Dortmund back in the days, and had a really promising start when we brought him.

Laca who did his best to help the team play better and he did good at the expense of goals imo. He had a lot of assists, a lot of fantastic plays. With more creativity within the team he would have focused more on goal scoring like he was at Lyon.

Auba has never been a complete striker who helps your team play better football. He's overrall game is pretty poor but he's a great goalscorer.

We need much much more stronger wide options + a creative CM to have a much better offense.

Yeah great blame only the players. Yet the major stats point towards Emery but you're so far up his arse so he gets a pass.

Ceballinhos

Cheating on Santi
Yeah great blame only the players. Yet the major stats point towards Emery but you're so far up his arse so he gets a pass.

Emery has his flaws and hasn't been good enough lately.
But it's been now 2 coaches who are struggling with approximately the same squad. We can't defend and our attack isn't good enough, especially away from home.
So maybe it's time to admit that this squad is really flawed.

Wenger has been blamed because he has mostly brought this squad together.
If Emery and the new regime fail to build a competitive squad during the next transfer windows they will have to take the blame too.

I'm not an Emery fanboy I couldn't care less about him. If he fails to bring us back in the CL next year then I think he has to go.
I think he's a good coach overrall. Not a top one.

And there is a reason if our club has targeted Unai (and Arteta) and not a top coach. Unai is ok to work under such constraints.
I don't think a top coach would have accepted the Arsenal job if he didn't have the financial backing he needs to build a decent squad. I can't see a top coach happy to work with Iwobi as one of your main offensive guy, or Mustafi as one of your main defender.

I think the main priority is to improve this squad. And then maybe the coach.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
I was talking to somebody from the club yesterday. Things are being neglected around the place. Stuff they used to make sure was tip-top are being left to gather dust and rust. You can see it around the place. For example, they used to clean the perspex roof above the top tiers regularly, now they’re dirty and don’t let as much light into the pitch, which doesn’t help the grass as much as it used to. It’s looking like a tired facility already.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom