• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Technical Director Search

Status
Not open for further replies.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
Examples of such players?

No idea. Transfermarkt only has three players listed as his clients but i think he's involved in one way or another with a lot of South American players. He has strong ties to Corinthians.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
A shame players from South America have a hard time getting a work permit in the UK. I hope Edu has something else up his sleeve or we'll be left with a lot of Joel Campbells and Wellingtons.

It depends on the player. We'll struggle to sign 18 year olds from youth teams but if there's a young 18 or 19 year old playing regularly for their club and we pay a decent fee then they should get a permit on appeal. Richarlison moving to Watford is a recent exmaple of this.

kraphtous

Raul Stanllehi
It depends on the player. We'll struggle to sign 18 year olds from youth teams but if there's a young 18 or 19 year old playing regularly for their club and we pay a decent fee then they should get a permit on appeal. Richarlison moving to Watford is a recent exmaple of this.
Sure but those kinds of talents are usually sought out by the Barcelonas/Real Madrid which we can't compete against. 18 year olds that no big club will sign YET is the market we should go for. Look at Arthur and Vinicius/Rodrygo recently.

As I said, I hope Edu has some other tricks up his sleeve.

Tosker

Does Not Hate Foreigners
I must say Edu scrubs up a lot better than Sven, and with the loss of Ramsey we are getting a bit short on the eye candy front

Camron

Photoshop King
Trusted ⭐

Player:Martinelli
I don't know if this was posted since the article is from February. But now when Edu is edging closer to the chair, everyone should read it.
Came across on it on reddit. Great insight piece and a long read.

On Mislintat leaving:

3. Arsenal are trying to create the right structure, to stay ahead of the game with signing, and with Sven that wasn’t fully happening.

Stay ahead? In what aspect are we currently ahead of the game? And what game would that have been? And how does booting diamond eye who according to the article was sniffing up players at a young age help us?

scytheavatar

Established Member
And how does booting diamond eye who according to the article was sniffing up players at a young age help us?

Diamond eye was also filling our squad with a bunch of not young players............. with our current fans and their attitude towards the likes of Iwobi/AMN/Guendouzi it might be better for us not to sign young players anyway since we do not have the environment for them to succeed in.

Aussie_gunner123

Established Member

That was a good read all that, though I do have trouble fully understanding & grasping all that director stuff, I'm keen for a former Gunners player to come back & be on the staff, what will Edu's official role be if all this stuff on Edu is right? I'll be more then keen for him to return to us.

All this new structure will of course take a while but I think Sanllehi has been a great person to have on the board, I definitely think he is taking us in the right direction.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom