• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

UEFA Champions League 2018/19

Status
Not open for further replies.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
Are you speaking net spend there or total spend?

Look, 80 million brings in a good variety of players, and those that fly under the radar as you mentioned. But spending money on Alison and Virgil for example are the types of buys we need.

Its not going to happen next season, but if we are smart about our rebuild, we will be there too. Lets just hope its an output that resembles our beloved Arsenal.

He has spent £390m total since he's been there. We've spent £310m in the same time period (haven't looked at net spend but i imagine they're better off in that regard). The difference in spending is basically Van Dijk. I seriously doubt adding him to our current team makes us a 97 point team and Champions League finalists.

Sanchez11

Nobody Is Coming!

The major thing our squad lacks is mentality. The Liverpool team that played tonight asides 3 or 4 players are not better than many of our first team players yet they produced a performance our current team can only dream of.
Even if we had best team in the world, weak mentality will not win matches.
The current title challenge between Liverpool and City is a testament
Exactly this our mentality is weak with no grit.

GunnerUK

Don't worry lads Arsenal will reign supreme again It’s a mathematical certainty. But getting over the horizon is years away

Well done Liverpool.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
I recall how great our football was but I also recall us throwing away 9 point leads in March and giving the title to Man Utd on a few occasions. In Europe we were never quite there just couldn’t jump that final hurdle.

Contrast that to zero trophies won by Klopp, being in arguably better circumstances than we were.

Look, Im not going to apologise for the failings of Wenger during that time. We failed with our teams during that time and you are right to point that out.

What we should do however is measure Klopp with the same criteria and make an honest call. Yes, Klopp did not surrender leads like we did, but overall the failure seem to balance out so far.

Madrid 2019 is going to be huge for Klopp. Fail there and we need to ask how good he really is.

Mo Britain

Doom Monger
End of the day a few years ago we were a bigger club than them, trying to nick their best player from them and only failing due to the shambolic Gazidis and the Board.

Few years on, here we are desperately trying to get into the CL by the back door whilst (and I agree they've won nothing yet) they've just thrashed Barcelona, with the so-called greatest player of all time, 4-0 and are very much on the up with their fans behind them.

Why is this? Because we have a giant toad owning our club which is now destined to mediocrity. I blame Peter Hill-Wood, I blame Danny Fiszman, I blame Lady Nina Bracewell-Smith and all those who delivered our great club into the pocket of these scoundrels who will drag us down into mid-table where they will be at their happiest and most profitable.

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
He has spent £390m total since he's been there. We've spent £310m in the same time period (haven't looked at net spend but i imagine they're better off in that regard). The difference in spending is basically Van Dijk. I seriously doubt adding him to our current team makes us a 97 point team and Champions League finalists.

Would be safely in the top 3 and better positioned to build toward contention though.

GunnerUK

Contrast that to zero trophies won by Klopp, being in arguably better circumstances than we were.

Look, Im not going to apologise for the failings of Wenger during that time. We failed with our teams during that time and you are right to point that out.

What we should do however is measure Klopp with the same criteria and make an honest call. Yes, Klopp did not surrender leads like we did, but overall the failure seem to balance out so far.

Madrid 2019 is going to be huge for Klopp. Fail there and we need to ask how good he really is.

Of course we can’t measure him yet upon what his won but the transformation his made is Admirable. He won the Bundsliga with Dortmund and got them the the CL final too. Now Liverpool twice.

His a top top manager no doubt and we should got him here the minute he was Available.

Ajax or Sp**s beating this lot in a CL finale. Not a chance

krengon

One Arsène Wenger
Trusted ⭐
The major thing our squad lacks is mentality. The Liverpool team that played tonight asides 3 or 4 players are not better than many of our first team players yet they produced a performance our current team can only dream of.

Yeah Klopp deserves massive credit for this, what he has achieved with this Liverpool team is sensational.. If he manages to win the Pl or Cl then it's among the best manager performances I've seen.

Lakersgooner24

Established Member
And he just signed an extension :rofl:
Two years in a row of bottling in extreme ways. They might actually kill him
Legit, don't understand why they didn't wait until after the season to renew. It's not like Valverde was going anywhere. La Liga titles are nice and all, but you know the CL was their priority after Real's recent successes. Now they'll have to pay him a fat severance to get rid of him. Well, not my problem.

Mohamed7

They marked him out the game tonight. But well done Pool.
They did not specifically marked him. He was just not mentally in it. Never seen Messi miss that many in a game. Even the freekick, he hit the wall.

That early chance where he could have taken the shot instead of trying to dribble past Matip, who was behind him, showed his state of mind.

yybecause

Formerly known as ArsenaLover
disgusting from Barcelona
3 mins in and you could see their body language is seriously wrong and their heads not into the game.
disgusting.
It pisses me off so much in today's football, real lack of real sportsman, guys who hate being down, who don't switch off in any games, especially big ones. For **** sake it's a 90 minute job! games don't last forever, only 90 minutes, and your head is not there?
so glad they are out now, even though I wanted them to win.
once again, disgusting

on the other hand, I don't rate Klopp as a good manager when it comes to tactics in any way, but what he is good at is getting his players to get into opposite players heads. Provoke them, surprise them, somehow... and since there is so little players today with real balls it works quiet effectively.

There is more balls in women's football today then the 'real' one. absolutely disgusting

Lakersgooner24

Established Member
They did not specifically marked him. He was just not mentally in it. Never seen Messi miss that many in a game. Even the freekick, he hit the wall.

That early chance where he could have taken the shot instead of trying to dribble past Matip, who was behind him, showed his state of mind.
That opportunity in the first half where he dawdled on the ball was the real chance for him. Should have been tie done and dusted at that moment. Can't blame him on the free kick, it would have taken something incredible to score from that distance again.

Having said that, everything went through him, with him creating several great chances for his teammates who also failed to convert. Just shows how reliant they are on him. Their other "stars" in Suarez and Coutinho were non-existent. The usually reliable Alba made Mustafi's full back performances look Maldini-esque.

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba

Did you type this with a straight face?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom