• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

UEFA Champions League 2018/19

Status
Not open for further replies.

FinnGooner

Established Member
Actual spending and budget aside, Liverpool are a club of similar stature with Arsenal in terms of potential and commercial capacity. The difference is: ambition. Their owner(s) wants them to be a big club so they act like a big club. Do what big clubs do which is invest in the team and sporting success. Coaches and players come and go, but as long as we have an owner who doesn't give a shot about sporting success, we will have no such success. End of. I ****ing hate Kroenke so much. And it's not only about investing your own money to the club. It's fine if you don't but hold people accountable and help them. Be interested. Make people at the club and.outside the club realize that you want success. Worst owner in football after Ashley.

Mo Britain

Doom Monger
The truth is that this Barcelona team lives off its reputation and huge help from the media and, often, officials who may not be bent but always give them the benefit of the doubt.

When you look at them you see a team stuffed with too many players who are beyond their best. Expect them to start their siren-calls to poach as many players as possible next season.

Which is not to detract from the obvious achievement of overturning a 3-0 deficit at this level.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Really pisses me off knowing Wenger had to go up against peak Barca/Bayern in the last decade, but Klopp gets to know them out when they're much weaker lol

We literally beat both sides at their peak too. :mad: We beat Barca 2-1 in the first leg in 2011 and we beat Bayern 2-0 in Munich in 2013. Also the 2-0 win over Bayern in 2015.

Mo Britain

Doom Monger
Actual spending and budget aside, Liverpool are a club of similar stature with Arsenal in terms of potential and commercial capacity. The difference is: ambition. Their owner(s) wants them to be a big club so they act like a big club. Do what big clubs do which is invest in the team. Coaches and players come and go, but as long as we have an owner who doesn't give a shot about sporting success, we will have no such success. End of. I ****ing hate Kroenke so much. And it's not only about investing your own money to the club. It's fine if you don't but hold people accountable and help them. Be interested. Make people at the club and.outside the club realize that you want success. Worst owner in football after Ashley.
At least Ashley is actually a fan of the team he owns. Our clown doesn't even like football.

Gamefaced

Really pisses me off knowing Wenger had to go up against peak Barca/Bayern in the last decade, but Klopp gets to know them out when they're much weaker lol
It wasn't always Real or Barca knocking us out. The list of teams who have done us I can't even use that as an excuse . Wenger failed miserably as far as i'm concerned, tactically in Europe he just wasn't up to it.

Erlis

Only Came To See Granit Xhaka

I'm serious.
If Origi was in our team, he'll probably be playing just like Iwobi. In fact, technically, I rate Iwobi ahead of him.
Take out Van Dyke, Mane and maybe one or two others, the rest of it is just coaching and mentality.

Liverpool force is their attack, Van Dijk and Alisson, Fabinho is not that good, crap.

berric

Established Member

Player:Trossard
The 'mentality' that you talk about came with buying players that can instil confidence in the team and revamping most of the squad. Let's not pretend like this isn't Klopp's 4th season in charge.

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
He has spent £390m total since he's been there. We've spent £310m in the same time period (haven't looked at net spend but i imagine they're better off in that regard). The difference in spending is basically Van Dijk. I seriously doubt adding him to our current team makes us a 97 point team and Champions League finalists.

In two years they’ve also ditched Mignolet, Milner, Moreno, Lovren, Klavan, Clyne from their defence. To say it’s just one player joining is ridiculous.

Lady_Gooner

Posting While Meditating
Trusted ⭐

Hope this teaches us not to turn our noses up for some talents from lower teams or solid 7/10 perfomers like Milner.

Recently, Liverpool have done grand in the transfer market both at selling and spending their money.

A good mix of safe bets (transfer value wise) and high profile signings.

It also points that Emery, while a decent manager, will not take us forward.
While I agree with this the club would probably end up with sanogo level players from lower teams. Why do all of our signings go wrong

Mudi

Question for all:

Sp**s/Liverpool win CL and Arsenal win EL
OR
Ajax win CL and Valencia win EL

What do you choose? Tough one ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom