• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Unai Emery: Adios

Status
Not open for further replies.

GDeep™

League is very weak
I was talking to somebody from the club yesterday. Things are being neglected around the place. Stuff they used to make sure was tip-top are being left to gather dust and rust. You can see it around the place. For example, they used to clean the perspex roof above the top tiers regularly, now they’re dirty and don’t let as much light into the pitch, which doesn’t help the grass as much as it used to. It’s looking like a tired facility already.
Why are standards slipping, they told you?

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
I was talking to somebody from the club yesterday. Things are being neglected around the place. Stuff they used to make sure was tip-top are being left to gather dust and rust. You can see it around the place. For example, they used to clean the perspex roof above the top tiers regularly, now they’re dirty and don’t let as much light into the pitch, which doesn’t help the grass as much as it used to. It’s looking like a tired facility already.

Tbf I kind of expected that once Wenger left. He micro managed to a fault.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
There is a huge lack of creativity in the team.

Özil hasn't been good enough even if the fanboys will say otherwise. He's been decent for most of the season, but I expect him to be in the same bracket as KDB, Bernardo Silva, or Cesc when he was our main playmaker. He isn't. I wish he was playing more like he was during his fantastic half season where he was on the verge of breaking the assist record.
He was running the offense back then. He was doing absolutely everything and that's what I expect such a talented player to do.

We need much much more stronger wide options + a creative CM to have a much better offense.
Absolutely ****ing spot on. The spine of an attack is the creative midfielders and your wingers. Özil doesn't suit us at all. Fans go crazy after he does a nice touch or flick... have these guys forgotten people like Cesc and Santi?? Seriously ffs. These guys would take the ball in a tight area beat a man and make cute passes all over the pitch. If you think Özil has been as good as those two then I'm sorry you're an idiot and thats the end of it as far as im concerned. He'd be more suited in a different system.

And in terms of wingers, when missing a pacey fullback in Bellerin is so detrimental to your width then that says it all really. Iwobi and Mkhy aren't explosive they are tidy (at best) inside wingers.. Someone please name me one side in this god forsaken league who dont have a proper wide man, please enlighten me.

Ignore the stupid replies you're 100% right. To be attacking the manager over the squad is a disgrace... we were playing terrible football last season (and even 2 seasons ago) people seem to forget that.

I will only turn on Emery if he doesnt push for at least one good winger and a midfielder

Wrighty4eva

Established Member
Thats what happens when you have absentee landlords *cough*Kroenkes*cough, they really are just parasites seriously who encouraged this guy to buy shares in something he doesn't care about, could probably sell Ice to eskimos.

Baki

Loves Anime Hates Mikel
Now that the season is nearly over. I can confidently say that Wenger wouldve gotten more from this current squad. Emery hasn't progressed much from last year, despite some great squad additions (Leno, Guen, Sok and Torrerira).

I will say that we have improved against the top 6 but I'd also argue that our failings against top 6 in recent years came from the immense pressure and toxic atmosphere that came from the fanbase.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
I mentioned this in the UCL thread and figured I might as well post it here.

I hope this liverpool win teaches us not to turn our noses up for some talents from lower teams or solid 7/10 perfomers like Milner.

Recently, Liverpool have done grand in the transfer market both at selling and spending their money.

A good mix of safe bets (transfer value wise) and high profile signings.

It also points tha Emery, while a decent manager, lacks (whether it's right now or at all, is up to you) the personality or nous that separates him from the cream of the crop managers.

Klopp managed to get some very mediocre players to perform consistently enough so that the stars of the team could carry it to a head to head battle for the EPL and now an UCL final.

Dj_sds -

You can't possibly believe this, our failings caused by the fan base and toxic atmosphere ......:lol::lol:o_O

We were signing the right players and winning throphies left, right and center and all of a sudden we decided we wanted the manager out. We should be ashamed to be honest.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
I think its important to understand where we are as a club, and compare to the Liverpool during the same period.

Despite our failings over the last few weeks, its clear to see that Emery has had a superior start to all the managers he has been compared with. While not perfect, as the statistics has shown, he has demonstrated that he has the base competencies to turn us into a well drilled unit if given the resources.

What I think is key is that he doesnt transform our style in doing so. We are a club which now represents an attacking, entertaining brand of football and I hope Emery can maintain that as our base.

The White Pelè

Human Highlight Reel
Hopefully Emery can do what Klopp has done his first season in charge. He has started buying players who could suit his style of play like Firmino and Manè and has had absolutely rocked Liverpool to the top.

We absolutely need 2 wingers and a LB like Robertson.

Gamefaced

I think your first year as a manager in the PL (if you survive) can be a real eye opener for a lot of managers. The intensity, speed and physicality the different types of football approaches from teams is probably like no other league in what you face week in week out. I would imagine that Emery has learnt a lot from this full season about his players, the nature of the league and its demands physical and tactically.
I hope he knows what he needs to do with the personnel this summer and also what he needs to do tactically to be successful. You have to be prepared for a battle in the PL before you can impose your style on the opposition. One thing is Emery must adapt himself and find a way. Hopefully the board will surprise us and arm the manager with the right tools in the summer. Honest conversations need to be had behind the scenes other wise we will go nowhere.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Now that the season is nearly over. I can confidently say that Wenger wouldve gotten more from this current squad. Emery hasn't progressed much from last year, despite some great squad additions (Leno, Guen, Sok and Torrerira).

I will say that we have improved against the top 6 but I'd also argue that our failings against top 6 in recent years came from the immense pressure and toxic atmosphere that came from the fanbase.
200.gif

Jasard

Forum Issue Troubleshooter

When we were looking for a manager a lot of people were saying how managers don't really matter much anymore as their roles are deminished. But you look at how Klopp gets even the average in his squad fighting and playing well then you look at how Emery can't get his squad interested in securing CL football.

It's disgusting how little fight and confidence there is in this squad. I can take us not getting top 4 if they at least ****ing try but the past few weeks have been like watching preseason at the most crucial time, who the **** is talking to these players? People say the days of Adams and Vieira are gone but you think there aren't players / the manager in the Liverpool and City dressing rooms being passionate, hyping each other up and bollocking each other? Like **** they're not.

I think a big part of it is Emery's lack of communication skills / language. We have the wrong personality to manage not only this squad but for the top level imo. He might have the ability but he's not a leader. Sign better personality this summer else he will have to go.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom