• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Adrien Rabiot

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
It is a proven fact that people at the top of our club are deluded and live in their own world, which is why you end up with nonsense like us thinking we can get Perisic on loan. If Rabiot thinks joining Tottenham is beneath him you think he would be more interested in joining us?
I'm sorry, are you lost? There is just the tiniest bit of difference between being the third most successful club in the history of English football, actually having a stadium to play in and still managing to win trophies in tough periods and being Tottenham, a small sh*t stain in football history.

Last edited:

ChefMan21

Can't believe nobody has corrected you yet. Henry and Anelka never played together at Arsenal.

Don't rewrite history to back up your argument.
Please point out where I said they played together at... Arsenal. I'll give you a hint. They were competing (largely) against a Juve player for an often lone starting spot in the side.

Your fundamental argument, then, is that competition doesn't breed success?

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
I'm sorry, are you lost? There is just the tiniest bit of difference between being the third most successful club in the history of English football, actually having a stadium to play in and still managing to win trophies in tough periods and being Tottenham, a small sh*t stain in football history.
Getting soft in your old age.

avalonhse

I dont think Rabiot has much knowledge about English football, nor like he care more than his salaries.

History matters more to fans, footballers care more about how the club is today. And the hard truth is Tot is better than us at the moment, no deny.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
Banter if we offer him a better deal then what we offered Ramsey! Ironically, Rabiot is the kind of transfer that Juve historically would make.

ChefMan21

I think it's a pretty easy 'yes' to this one. Especially so if the interest is cooling from a lot of the rich clubs. Lots of growth ahead, but still a quality player right now. Wages would be hefty but at least there's no fee to pay.

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
Weird claim considering Emery and Rabiot were supposed to have had issues over the position he was played in, no?

I've read in several places that they had a very good working relationship. Here's what Rabiot said about Emery:

"Blanc had certain things going for him but I think Emery is a little closer to the players. This is a coach who really communicates with everyone. He is asking us our opinion after the sessions, what we liked, what we didn't like.

"He asks if you are not too tired after training. This is really important for the staff to know as they can then adapt [the training sessions]. They need to know if we can withstand the workload being asked of us. Communication is essential, not only in football but in all sports. This is what I find really good about Emery."

I've read in several places that they had a very good working relationship. Here's what Rabiot said about Emery:

"Blanc had certain things going for him but I think Emery is a little closer to the players. This is a coach who really communicates with everyone. He is asking us our opinion after the sessions, what we liked, what we didn't like.

"He asks if you are not too tired after training. This is really important for the staff to know as they can then adapt [the training sessions]. They need to know if we can withstand the workload being asked of us. Communication is essential, not only in football but in all sports. This is what I find really good about Emery."

Sounds like he was being forced into finding something positive about Emery and the only thing he could come up with is that Emery allow players to have easier training session if they are tired.

Did you dig deeper? I'm certain there was some talk on here that Rabiot and Emery didn't get a long because Emery wanted him to play dmc(like he wants from all of his midfielders) but Rabiot wanted to be more of a box-to-box type of midfielder.

But anyway, if the relationship is good between them then we might have a distance chance of having him but we will have to pay a good wages I think for him to come here.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

He's proven to be a ****. Let him rot in PSG.

He is undoubtedly a first rate gimp however we’re f*cking desperate right now.

When he gets on the field he’s a top class player, these gambles can make you as a club.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom