• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mesut Özil: Time to Move Ön?

Do you want Özil sold this summer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal1508

Mods are unethical! Özil, come assist me please!
Özil hides on the pitch.

I saw on the interview of Michael Owen on how he said his later years went...think Özil is same. Owen admitted hiding on the pitch as he couldnt do the same things he use to do when he was younger.

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
Özil hides on the pitch.

I saw on the interview of Michael Owen on how he said his later years went...think Özil is same. Owen admitted hiding on the pitch as he couldnt do the same things he use to do when he was younger.

Özil doesn’t hide. He always makes himself available for a pass, he’s brilliant at dropping into pockets of space. Now, our Armenian, he certainly hides.

Owen hid because injuries had a major impact on his game. His close control, sprint speed and touch was never the same after severing his hamstrings. I feel a bit sorry for Owen sometimes.

I remember Kieron Dyer saying something similar. He once got injured for West Ham and tried to play through it. Continuous muscle injuries are no joke.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
I wouldn’t say he hides. A player with that level of technique will always fancy receiving the ball. The problem is, for me, is his idea of how to be effective over 90 minutes. For a player of his level that consistently covers the amount of ground he does, the games somehow pass him by.

Ceballinhos

Cheating on Santi
I wouldn’t say he hides. A player with that level of technique will always fancy receiving the ball. The problem is, for me, is his idea of how to be effective over 90 minutes. For a player of his level that consistently covers the amount of ground he does, the games somehow pass him by.

The main issue imo is Mesut is not a genuine playmaker when he should be.
On some rare occasions, he does run the offense and he's just sublime.

But most of the time, he doesn't influence our game enough.

Cesc at his peak at Arsenal was a genuine maestro. He was by himself making us play good football even when he was playing with Bendtner as a CF, Eboué as a RW. Everything was running through him.

Then a few years later we had Cazorla who had a huge influence on our game.
We've gone downwards since his injury issues because we never truely replaced him.
Ramsey as good as he's been at time is a pure b2b midfielder, but not a playmaker.

There were Arsenal teams with Cesc or Cazorla, and when they got injured, everything was collapsing. Our results and our football quality.

I've never felt Özil had such an impact on the team, except during half of the season when he had almost 20 assists by January.
We've been playing mediocre football on so many occasions with or without him. Under Wenger or under Unai.

My main issue with Özil is that he never takes control of the game like a player of his calibre should be.

RacingPhoton

Established Member
I think that sums it up. He wants to receive the ball. But he couldn't receive them in attacking positions because our midfield has gone ****. So in the recent matches he is running back to the middle to collect the ball only to find that there are not enough players left in the box for him to target.
Regarding ground coverage, it comes down to his inability to put those tackles. I have always seen him track back only to make a half-hearted press or trying to make an interception which doesn't work that easily.

Great player. Shame that with our current ****ty midfield and his inability to do those tackles, there is not much he can contribute to the team. On his part, if he had added just one more skill - either tackling or good long shot or being ruthless in front of goal, he would be very useful for the team and would not be receiving the criticism that he gets now.

Ceballinhos

Cheating on Santi
I think that sums it up. He wants to receive the ball. But he couldn't receive them in attacking positions because our midfield has gone ****. So in the recent matches he is running back to the middle to collect the ball only to find that there are not enough players left in the box for him to target.
Regarding ground coverage, it comes down to his inability to put those tackles. I have always seen him track back only to make a half-hearted press or trying to make an interception which doesn't work that easily.

Great player. Shame that with our current ****ty midfield and his inability to do those tackles, there is not much he can contribute to the team. On his part, if he had added just one more skill - either tackling or good long shot or being ruthless in front of goal, he would be very useful for the team and would not be receiving the criticism that he gets now.

Cesc has never got this kind of issue even though we were playing Denilson and a very raw Alex Song behind him.

He just isn't the kind of player to take over a game.
He's the cherry on the cake and that's what he's been for most of his career.

In his national team, Kroos, Schweinsteiger were the most important midfielders who were controlling games. Özil was the final touch.

It's time to admit that you can't build a successful team around Özil as your main piece.

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant
Cesc has never got this kind of issue even though we were playing Denilson and a very raw Alex Song behind him.

In his national team, Kroos, Schweinsteiger were the most important midfielders who were controlling games. Özil was the final touch.

It's time to admit that you can't build a successful team around Özil as your main piece.
Exactly. Other AM help to open up space with dribbling skills, one-two passes and intelligent movement.

Özil stays away from build up, make simple passes, let his teammates to open up space for him, and just want to get involve the final pass, making the assist. He was never a playmaker.

RacingPhoton

Established Member

That's exactly what I posted. Özil is very good at giving that final touch which is not easy by the way. But he is not good at commanding from midfield. That is why he is not a player who can pull the team to victory by himself. But with our budget, we want someone who can make an impact by himself. If we could spend a lot of money on our midfield, we could end up lot of goals through Özil. But we have limited budget and we want to refresh our defense too. So it makes more sense to sell him.

IchirotoV2

Exactly. Other AM help to open up space with dribbling skills, one-two passes and intelligent movement.

Özil stays away from build up, make simple passes, let his teammates to open up space for him, and just want to get involve the final pass, making the assist. He was never a playmaker.
I agree that he should be better but I think the bolded part is not true. He has been dropping deep a lot this season

arsenefc

Obsessed With Guendouzi
3 FA cups.

Cesc + RVP + Nasri + Arshavin + Wilshere + Ramsey + Walcott didnt win any cups or titles.

Mesut Özil was the answer that Wenger was looking for. He came to Arsenal to stay. He came to Arsenal to play. He won 3 FA cups and broke the trophy drought with bloody Giroud upfront.

We had 20 yrs of joy and fun and seasons in the sun. Cesc was a big part of it, but he had an agenda. Yes, he was part of 20 yrs of CL and 20 yrs of finishing above Sp**s, but he wasnt the finished article. He never prospered anywhere. When he had to run the team as its main man, he faked a sickie and ****ed off.

Wenger said that we cant call ourselves a big club if we sell both Cesc and Nasri ..but we did. That was when we became a 2nd level club, and we tried to get back with Özil and Sanchez and Cech. It might have worked, if Ramsey, Wilshere, Ox had developed, and Cazorla hadnt been hacked down. I used to dream of the day we would see a Ramsey, Wilshere, Ox midfield, but it wasnt to be.

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

not when your main attacking manoeuvre is to play it to Sead

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
White elephant confirmed.

He’s so comfortable here that you’ve got to be worried that we’re never going to be able to shift this £20m/season liability who isn’t capable of playing at the top level.
I was saying that for some time, there's no way he will move somewhere. He is the type of player who is happy to sit on the bench for 350k/w and enjoy his private life. Can't blame him!
It will be interesting to see how we rebuild with him staying. Laca, Auba and Özil combo can only work in 3-5-2, one of them has to go if we are switching formation next season, and it's not Özil.

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

Our midfield is dead. Get someon like Ziyech to play with him, a player with creativity and inteligence.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom