• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mesut Özil: Time to Move Ön?

Do you want Özil sold this summer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
I was saying that for some time, there's no way he will move somewhere. He is the type of player who is happy to sit on the bench for 350k/w and enjoy his private life. Can't blame him!
It will be interesting to see how we rebuild with him staying. Laca, Auba and Özil combo can only work in 3-5-2, one of them has to go if we are switching formation next season, and it's not Özil.

We could play a diamond but the more likely scenario is we sign another midfielder and winger and Özil will be benched. He wouldn’t be playing a lot now if it wasn’t for Ramsey’s injury.

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
That news comes from an interview with his agent and it's interesting. Talks about his private life and charity work. Özil is a great guy.

I also didn't realise how popular he is. Most followers in whole PL on social media, has a 100,000 supporters club in China

Arsenal1508

Mods are unethical! Özil, come assist me please!
That news comes from an interview with his agent and it's interesting. Talks about his private life and charity work. Özil is a great guy.

I also didn't realise how popular he is. Most followers in whole PL on social media, has a 100,000 supporters club in China

Very good human being and is truly now just a brand.

He is going to go the Winston Bogarde route.

We need an upgrade this Summer.

Tosker

Does Not Hate Foreigners
he seems to have a genuine interest in, and affinity with, underpriveleged and disabled kids, which Arsenal would be wise to exploit - his shirt sales are already very high and could go through the roof with the right publicity

and surely his being a devout Muslim must be marketable in wealthy Muslim countries

Arsenal1508

Mods are unethical! Özil, come assist me please!
he seems to have a genuine interest in, and affinity with, underpriveleged and disabled kids, which Arsenal would be wise to exploit - his shirt sales are already very high and could go through the roof with the right publicity

and surely his being a devout Muslim must be marketable in wealthy Muslim countries
Wtf man.

Does this help us win on the pitch?

We can only exploit his marketing abiliy off the pitch if he was great on it.

Why not just bring back Henry as he is still a marketable player.
I just dont think he is as marketable to sponsors as we think...otherwise, his social media and "sponsorship" would be paying his 350K week salary.

Shirt sales to under privleaged kids? Ok.

He is not Beckham where he was earning more off the pitch than on.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐

Clubs make a couple of quid per shirt. Bearing in mind we sell about 1 million total we won’t be making much money if Özil sells a few more.

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Clubs make a couple of quid per shirt. Bearing in mind we sell about 1 million total we won’t be making much money if Özil sells a few more.
i thought you were a better poster than that.

you wouldn't believe how much it means. This is the reason I followed AFC initially. Pleasing football, no racism, inclusive to everyone, socially responsible....Legendary manager, great players, and club make all the right noises.

Hope we always keep this spirit and principle alive.

thank you for posting this...

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
There are lots of people with zero money, zero PR teams and zero time on their hands that some how find the time to do so much for charity and care in the community. What Özil is doing is also great, but ffs, he's a very privileged footballer.

Why is it even relevant anyway? Are people actually advocating keeping him because he sells a few shirts, has the most followers on instagram and is a nice man? You're Arsenal fans?

Last edited:

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
Get knocked off the ball easily, make no attempt to win the ball back when you lose it, duck out of tackles, have a fragile disposition, you know what, that’s all fine with me but to balance all that out you’ve got to be producing way way way more than two assists in a season.

Sorry he’s got to go, no matter how nice he is and no matter how many shirts he sells. Hell, even I’m a nice guy when I’m not on the whisky.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Nothing else mattered when he was getting assists. 'He's doing what he's there to do', they said. I argued he had to do more and be more of an influence throughout the 90 minutes. Squaring a ball to a teammate or humping a corner into the box for Giroud to bury, wasn't enough.

Now his assist count is something most CBs would be embarrassed of, have the goalposts moved again?

Last edited:

Dregen57

We need Özil to stay. As Emery would say he can help us when needed. And he can attract other world class players to come here. Hes also Arsenal trough and trough, I don't believe it's only for the big money , he loves the club

If Özil wins the EL he'll go down as the bedrock of our return to trophies. Including the BIGGEST cup we've ever won :drool::drool:

Unreal how he has brought this club back to being constantly in cup finals, competing for trophies! I think when he will finish his career here people will be talking about if we should build him a statue outside of Emirates.

Last edited:

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Unreal how he has brought this club back to being constantly in cup finals, competing for trophies! I think when he will finish his career here people will be talking about if we should build him a statue outside of Emirates.
It's always easier to joke when you reach the acceptance stage. It must be a relief.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom