• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Adrien Rabiot

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

Rabiot and Tielemans to replace Xhaka and Elneny would be a huge upgrade, throw in Van De Beek to replace Ramsey and it could be fantastic business. Despite the wages Rabiot is asking for, we would be saving on the transfer fee but I guess at this stage everything hinges on whether we qualify for the Champions League.

With midfield options of Rabiot (24), Guendouzi (20), Torreira (23), Van De Beek (22) & Tielemans (22), we would have a bunch of younger options with a higher potential resale value if they perform well. This is the type of strategy Liverpool and Sp**s have adopted excellently and if you look at the three options I listed above, they’re all attainable and would not really dent our summer transfer budget.

Impact

Established Member
Compensation package is one for Raul Sanllehi + Huss Fahmy to sort. Fits the profile we need in the deeper positions. Technically astute, physically imposing, mobile ball carrier/winner with strong short and long passing range. We could do a lot worse than Rabiot in, Xhaka out and using those funds to buy him a partner.

Gunner-Union

Rabiot would be an upgrade over xhaka but we need so many positions filled. I’d prefer a midfield 3 with toreirra as dm and 2 box 2 box midfielders either side of him rabiot would be great as would tielemens but can’t see either happening sadly

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Nah not worth the trouble. I'd prefer we get Sangare who is younger and arguably has a greater upside.

Exactly. What has Rabiot done to justify these high demands. He has been a shocking professional. He's money hungry, he thinks he's better than he is, he has refused to be on standby for tyke national team, he basically has been training with reserves the entire season and his mum is a terrible agent. Add to that he doesn't play for the team and wants to do what he wants to do.

Sangare, Bennacer and Nkunku in. Sell Elneny and Xhaka.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
Rabiot and Tielemans to replace Xhaka and Elneny would be a huge upgrade, throw in Van De Beek to replace Ramsey and it could be fantastic business. Despite the wages Rabiot is asking for, we would be saving on the transfer fee but I guess at this stage everything hinges on whether we qualify for the Champions League.
If I'm correct, his mother wants something around 10m, which is still much less than what Özil earns here and close to what Auba and Mkhi are earning. If we can get rid of Mkhi, then this is a no brainer for me as we would be in the same position financially.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
If I'm correct, his mother wants something around 10m, which is still much less than what Özil earns here and close to what Auba and Mkhi are earning. If we can get rid of Mkhi, then this is a no brainer for me as we would be in the same position financially.

Is she still on the scene, I thought he dropped her as his manager a few months ago?

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
if he ask for more than 150K wages we shouldn't sign him yes he is quality mid but we are not in position to offer him that.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

I’m worried if we get him in for 350k or whatever he wants that it’ll torpedo our wage structure.

HollandGooner

Established Member

Player:Ødegaard
if he ask for more than 150K wages we shouldn't sign him yes he is quality mid but we are not in position to offer him that.

tbf yousif we need to do something otherwise we might be struggeling to finish top 7 next season its dust or bust.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
150K wages? What are you smoking?

He is 50 M player minimum on free transfer. He can demand that fee in his wages.

You aren't getting free transfer Rabiot on 150K. FFS.
what was he earning at PSG 50K? thats why he struggling to find clubs nobody going to giving 200K+ a week and i don't blame them.

Ceballinhos

Cheating on Santi
This guy best position/role is when he play like Xhaka. Although he's much more mobile and better in tight spaces.

But a midfield of Xhaka/Rabiot/Torreira would be poverty.

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

If his wages are reasonable, and we really want to rebuild we'd sell Xhaka and sign Rabiot, provided he'd want to join. He's a very good player and with our situation could be a pretty good buy.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

We have a wage structure? Aren't there talks we are giving the guy putting up Giroud-esque numbers a 240k contract?

Yeah but then the likes of PEA will be asking for 350k a week as well, as will any big signings we’d make.

Ask United, giving Alexis crazy money has ruined them.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom