• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The Wish List

Bit of a long-winded one this...

In:
Konate, Grimaldo, Tielemans, Fraser & Pepe.

Out:
Ospina, Kolasinac, Mustafi, Elneny, Özil & Mkhitaryan.

Release:
Cech, Jenkinson, Lichtsteiner, Ramsey, Welbeck.

Return from loan:
Martinez, Chambers, Smith Rowe, Nelson

(Though I wouldn't be opposed to selling Chambers for the right price)

That probably shouldn't excede £60m net, especially when you consider the wages.

First XI:

Leno

Bellerin Sokratis Konate Grimaldo

Torreira Xhaka Tielemans

Pepe Lacazette Aubameyang

Second XI:

Martinez

Maitland-Niles Holding Koscielny Monreal

Guendouzi Chambers Iwobi

Fraser Nketiah Nelson

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant
:lol: Real funny kid, at least you changed the layout this time. I like the innovation there
I don’t find this funny.
I truely believe that they (JK Augustin, Saint-Maximin, Aouar, Chukwueze, Cuisance, Ndombele, Tonali, Upamecano, De Ligt, Bellanova, Reguilon, Plizzari) are good players.

Stannis

He is on a long contract, but I reckon Pavel Kaderabek would be a decent backup RB

I wanted Sander Berge or Dendockner, one is already at wolves, I hope we don't miss out on Berge.

Donny van de Beek would be perfect as well as a Ramsey replacement

In terms of a CB, I don't really want Manolas. To me, he isn't a big enough upgrade over what we have to justify the price. We either need to somehow have to magic up the money to get someone a level above what we have or get some young player who has proper potential. In this sense I quite like Johnathan Tah, fairly comfortable with both feet, and a big physical presence

In terms of a winger, David Neres all day.

Obviously, though, none of this will happen

To replace Cech its a no brainer to give Martinez a go, no point wasting money on someone else

Aevi

Hale End FC
I wanted Sander Berge or Dendockner, one is already at wolves, I hope we don't miss out on Berge.
Funny, I was just thinking about him as well. I think he's a player with bags of potential that is also just under the radar enough that we could pick him up without too much noise. It's the type of signing we would do well to make atm.

Harry Hunter

We need...
CB, LB, CDM and 1-2 wingers

In:
Konate - £30m
Tierney - £25m
Sangaré - £20m
Brandt - £25m (release clause)
Fraser - £25m

Total = £125 million

Returning from loan:
Martinez
Chambers
Nelson

Out:
Cech - Retiring
Ospina - £5m
Macey - Not sure
Lichtsteiner - Free
Jenkinson - Release
Mustafi - £15m
Monreal - £10m
Elneny - £10m
Suarez - End of loan
Ramsey- Free
Özil - £25m
Mkhitaryan - £20m
Welbeck - Free
Asano - Not sure

Total = £85 million
+ reported £40m budget = £125 million

Loan:
Mavropanos
Smith-Rowe

Squad:
Leno, Martinez
Bellerin, Maitland-Niles
Konate, Holding, Sokratis, Koscielny, Chambers
Tierney, Kolašinac
Torreira, Xhaka, Sangaré, Guendouzi, Willock
Brandt, Fraser, Nelson, Iwobi
Aubamyang, Lacazette, Nketiah

First team:
Leno
Bellerin Konate Sokratis Tierney
Brandt Torreira Xhaka Fraser
Lacazette Aubamyang

Second team:
Martinez
Chambers Koscielny Holding
Maitland-Niles Sangaré Guendouzi Kolašinac
Nelson Nketiah Iwobi

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Think we’ll make 6 signings this summer, 4 first teamers and two youngsters.

I also think there’s a difference in transfer target names with and without CL football. For example Brandt would be attainable for us with CL football but not sure he would without it.

Goalkeepers - Absolutely fine. Leno is superb, Martinez is good back up. Have plenty of top young keepers coming through as well such as Illiev.

Right backs - Bellerin and AMN are fine. AMN will improve a lot.

Centre backs - pretty dire but don’t think this position will be sorted for a while. I think for next season we’ll be left with Sokratis, Holding, Mavropanos, Koscielny and Monreal as the CB options.

Left backs - Monreal can play there and is nice as a utility player against weaker sides. Kolasinac I believe could and should move on, signed on a free could be shipped out for 15-20m. Would like Grimaldo, Firpo or Digne there. Wouldn’t spent more than 25M. Promote a youth player as extra backup.

Centre mids - xhaka hasn’t improved in the 3 years he’s been here, this season he and Mustafi have made so many mistakes leading to goals and penalties it’s awful. Xhaka needs to be sold, but I don’t think he will be. We will replace Ramsey. Rabiot would be ideal on a free but also require CL football. Hopefully squeeze xhaka out over the next two windows. Brandt and Rabiot for 25m combined oh lord yes please.

Wingers - big position as we don’t have any proper wingers. Mikky needs to be sold and Welbeck is off. Finally we can sign a winger to replace Welbeck. However what I’d do is get shot of Mikky as well, replace Wele with Nelson and go balls deep for Nicolas Pepe or Zaha, we can afford it IF we win the Europa league and if we make the correct sales. Could also sign someone like Atal or Fraser if Iwobi were to also leave.

Grimaldo/Digne/Firpo
Rabiot
Brandt
Pepe/Zaha
Martinelli
Lloyd Kelly

Cost - 140m.

After sales (Mustafi, Elneny, Mikky, Jenko, xhaka, Kolasinac) probably close to 70m.

TheEconomist

Established Member
I'm going to make my annual wish to bring Cesc back home

I also want the following to leave:

Welbeck
Lichsteiner
Özil
Mustafi

I wouldn't be upset if mhiki and/or iwobi were also sold.

If Koscienly decides to leave I hope we do whatever we can to facilitate that like Chelsea did for Cech. He deserves that from us even though I'd like him to stay

al-Ustaadh

👳‍♂️ Figuring out how to delete my account 👳‍♂️
Leno
Bellerin Sokratis Umtiti Tierney
Torreira Tielemans
Pepe Havertz Aubameyang
Lacazette​
Would switch out Pepe for Ziyech.

I know it's the Wish List thread, but that would also cost a lot of money. A lot.

al-Ustaadh

👳‍♂️ Figuring out how to delete my account 👳‍♂️
Leno
Bellerin Holding Upamecano Alaba
Torreira Rabiot
Bennacer
Ziyech Aubameyang Zaha

Assuming Lacazette is sold for a good chunk of change. Can't see the Kroenkes not having an influence there. I expect Lacazette to represent how we're going to be as a football club. I hope I'm wrong and we keep him though.

Last edited:

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
Leno
Bellerin Holding Upamecano Alaba
Torreira Rabiot
Bennacer
Ziyech Aubameyang Zaha

Assuming Lacazette is sold for a good chunk of change. Can't see the Kroenkes not having an influence there. I expect Lacazette to represent how we're going to be as a football club. I hope I'm wrong and we keep him though.
What's true about this: Kroenke would sell Lacazette if he was happy with the offer
What's inaccurate: We'd actually reinvest the money and add even more and make such a great team

Gunner Matt

IN

Konate
Umtiti
Tielemens
Zaha
Tierney

OUT

Iwobi
Mustafi
Kolasinac
Elneny
Welbeck

We should definitely use Reiss Nelson a lot on his return from loan too I think. I've been really impressed with Maitland-Niles this season and those to could be lethal in a few years given a bit more exposure to the first team.

Newchange

I think we have to buy quality over quantity this summer, yes alot of players need to leave and we will need numbers for depth but give youth a chance. Wenger always spoke about squad cohesion and he was right you cant ship out 7/8 and bring in 7/8, Look at the likes of fulham,westham and everton who did something similar and the slow starts they made this season. 4 quality starters and 4 youth players to step up is the way forward.

Latest posts

Top Bottom