• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang: Black Panther

Status
Not open for further replies.

Camron

Photoshop King
Trusted ⭐

Player:Martinelli
Phenomenal numbers. Could easily score 40+ if we don't **** up with his position he didn't miss sitters constantly.
Fixed that for you.

He's held himself back in that regard, just scroll up.

If we improve the supply to him from the wings though and setup for him to be released on the break more often as we did today, he'll reach those numbers easily even when missing sitters. I wish Özil would spot those runs both Auba and Laca make and play some over the top or through balls to release them.

Against some opposition he just doesn't provide us with an outlet though. He is the best natural finisher we have (even with all the missed chances) but his all round game was lacking during the course of the season. Last few games were promising though in that aspect.

Really looking forward to seeing him properly utilized next season with a more direct approach. That's something Emery needs to sort out by making the right transfers and creating a playstyle that supports that. We need to stop playing chess trying to walk the ball into the box.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

Fixed that for you.

He's held himself back in that regard, just scroll up.

If we improve the supply to him from the wings though and setup for him to be released on the break more often as we did today, he'll reach those numbers easily even when missing sitters. I wish Özil would spot those runs both Auba and Laca make and play some over the top or through balls to release them.

Against some opposition he just doesn't provide us with an outlet though. He is the best natural finisher we have (even with all the missed chances) but his all round game was lacking during the course of the season. Last few games were promising though in that aspect.

Really looking forward to seeing him properly utilized next season with a more direct approach. That's something Emery needs to sort out by making the right transfers and creating a playstyle that supports that. We need to stop playing chess trying to walk the ball into the box.

Good post. Why do we see hints here also that Emery made wrong choice in playing him wide? He didn't have much choice and Auba contributed from there also.

Very nice to see even more from Auba in last games, dribbling players etc., going into the final!

EPL, 49 games, 32+9=41. Not much "1st season problems".

Last edited:

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
You won’t win trophies or important games when your supposedly best striker misses more than he scores especially when he has jokers playing behind him.
Not true though. It's goals scored that wins you stuff, not goals missed. And as long as you're scoring, you're winning.

I'll take a striker who's scoring loads and missing loads every day, because it's the scoring loads that matters. More goals can be converted, and as long as he's scoring goals to begin with, things can get even better.

He's ****ing awesome.

Sanchez11

Nobody Is Coming!

That tweet sums him up. You won’t win trophies or important games when your supposedly best striker misses more than he scores especially when he has jokers playing behind him.

PS. Who the f*ck is this * cvnt on Talksport they call Muse? He sounds like a Spud or Chav
West ham fan mate, bit sensitive when gets called out.

SomGooner

Prolific Liker
Not true though. It's goals scored that wins you stuff, not goals missed. And as long as you're scoring, you're winning.

So you agree with me that we should’ve beaten Chelsea (A), Utd (A) and Sp**s (A) if he’s taken couple of the boat load of chances that he’s missed?

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
So you agree with me that we should’ve beaten Chelsea (A), Utd (A) and Sp**s (A) if he’s taken couple of the boat load of chances that he’s missed?
Counting missed chances when your seasonal tally was sh!t is one thing, but counting missed chances when the boatload you've scored has put the points on the board that you see at the end of the season, is a bit weird. We got to where we did because of the goals he scored. He more than did his job. Would you not accept a repeat performance next year? Or would you bin him in hope of trying to find a striker who could do better? Good luck if it's the latter.

SomGooner

Prolific Liker
Counting missed chances when your seasonal tally was sh!t is one thing, but counting missed chances when the boatload you've scored has put the points on the board that you see at the end of the season, is a bit weird. We got to where we did because of the goals he scored. He more than did his job. Would you not accept a repeat performance next year? Or would you bin him in hope of trying to find a striker who could do better? Good luck if it's the latter.

First and foremost I’m not calling him to be sold, absolutely not. In fact I would want him to be offered a new contract if it’s true however, the guy has to be one of the most frustrating players on the planet.

He’s out and out goal scorer who SHOULD score more than he has considering how many relatively ‘easy’ chances he wastes.

Thierry Henry was like that when he first joined, but the difference between the two is, one was 21 while the other is 29 and has a history of wasting great chances throughout his career.

Axel9090

Well its true he missed the most chances this season (23) but looking at other players too, Salah missed 16 chances. Both ended up top scorers. Its something Auba will obviously be working on and Im looking forward to that.

To conclude, it feels good having amazing striker options again.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
First and foremost I’m not calling him to be sold, absolutely not. In fact I would want him to be offered a new contract if it’s true however, the guy has to be one of the most frustrating players on the planet.

He’s out and out goal scorer who SHOULD score more than he has considering how many relatively ‘easy’ chances he wastes.

Thierry Henry was like that when he first joined, but the difference between the two is, one was 21 while the other is 29 and has a history of wasting great chances throughout his career.
It's always frustrating. Henry missed a ****-ton as well, but nobody speaks of that. I can't stress enough that as long as the player is scoring goals, it's all you can do. You can then hope that he scores on a consistent basis throughout the season with no lengthy droughts. That's his job and he did it brilliantly. If others chipped in, like they did when Henry was missing chances, it wouldn't be such an issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom