• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Unai Emery: Adios

Status
Not open for further replies.

arsenefc

Obsessed With Guendouzi
Emery inherited Auba + Laca + Özil + Ramsey + Mkhi He tinkered and screwed up the midfield and sidelined Özil and Ramsey. Still sheer firepower, sidelining Doozi and bringing back Özil + Ramsey, and the best shot conversion rate ever in the PL saved him.

The defence needed fixing, and he signed Doozi, Torreira, Lichsteiner, Leno, Sokratis (and Suarez), and the highest errors leading to a goal this season among all teams, led to us leaking 50+ goals, more than wolves, leceister, newcastle, everton.

So he got a good attack, almost screwed it up; tried to fix the defence and did screw it up.

The good thing he did, was rest Özil and Laca/Auba and keep them fresh for Europa. Thats what he was hired for, and thats what he has delivered.

He is the right coach for the current setup, where we need to be like a Sevilla, hovering near the CL places and making deep cup runs. Scoring a lot and conceding a lot. Pragmatic enough to play on the counter against Leceister and Watford and put out full strength teams against the likes of Valencia and Rennes, while not caring much about the PL.

Some posters have tried to create a divide by exploiting the veneration of wenger and the emotional attachment to him by some fans. I would just like to remind them, that if you spent 20 yrs watching what I watched, there is a chance that you would consider Wenger some kind of god-like figure, and would hero-worship him.

People say that we its Arsenal Football Club not Arsène Football Club, but to them I say, that some people love institutions, and some people love people.

Some people love the nation, while some people love their illegal immigrant neighour. That doesnt mean, we want the club to lose in Baku, or that we want the nation to be destroyed by immigrants.

We just loved Wenger, and each insult, each barb felt painful. There is an entire thread on this forum, where people come to post insults and hurt us more. They know it hurts us. Still they do it.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
Emery inherited Auba + Laca + Özil + Ramsey + Mkhi He tinkered and screwed up the midfield and sidelined Özil and Ramsey. Still sheer firepower, sidelining Doozi and bringing back Özil + Ramsey, and the best shot conversion rate ever in the PL saved him.

The defence needed fixing, and he signed Doozi, Torreira, Lichsteiner, Leno, Sokratis (and Suarez), and the highest errors leading to a goal this season among all teams, led to us leaking 50+ goals, more than wolves, leceister, newcastle, everton.

So he got a good attack, almost screwed it up; tried to fix the defence and did screw it up.

The good thing he did, was rest Özil and Laca/Auba and keep them fresh for Europa. Thats what he was hired for, and thats what he has delivered.

He is the right coach for the current setup, where we need to be like a Sevilla, hovering near the CL places and making deep cup runs. Scoring a lot and conceding a lot. Pragmatic enough to play on the counter against Leceister and Watford and put out full strength teams against the likes of Valencia and Rennes, while not caring much about the PL.

Some posters have tried to create a divide by exploiting the veneration of wenger and the emotional attachment to him by some fans. I would just like to remind them, that if you spent 20 yrs watching what I watched, there is a chance that you would consider Wenger some kind of god-like figure, and would hero-worship him.

People say that we its Arsenal Football Club not Arsène Football Club, but to them I say, that some people love institutions, and some people love people.

Some people love the nation, while some people love their illegal immigrant neighour. That doesnt mean, we want the club to lose in Baku, or that we want the nation to be destroyed by immigrants.

We just loved Wenger, and each insult, each barb felt painful. There is an entire thread on this forum, where people come to post insults and hurt us more. They know it hurts us. Still they do it.

tenor.gif

Gegen Pressing

Emery is said to have similar powers to put players to sleep during his analysis ;-)

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle

**** off with this ****.

You slag emery off for doing nothing but IMPROVE on our last season, and then plead with people to be gentle with you because 'you just love Wenger and the bad people are hurting you and you dont know why they do it'...

Yeah, **** right off.

blaze_of_glory

can't be sustainable, probably, but is a great sign actually
It's a sign that our strikers are great and we should do everything to keep them. But also that, as things stand, our offensive output is probably too reliant on them continuing to convert at a record rate.

So hopefully next season changes are made so that our attack is more resilient to conversion rate dropping, ie we create more chances to score overall.

Tourbillion

Angry & Miserable

Literally don't understand anything you're trying to say, but something tells me it's not worth finding out anyway.

yybecause

Formerly known as ArsenaLover
It's a sign that our strikers are great and we should do everything to keep them. But also that, as things stand, our offensive output is probably too reliant on them continuing to convert at a record rate.

So hopefully next season changes are made so that our attack is more resilient to conversion rate dropping, ie we create more chances to score overall.

is anyone actually doubting there won't be changes?

our goal output is fantastic, having in mind our build up play was not, our width was missing and our defending didn't help the team be more composed and confident.

I find it encouraging that our strikers still managed to show up, which is a clear sign of doing something right behind the training ground, just a quick peek at what we could become

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Well you've painted that incredible stat as if we lucked out, for a start. What about the types of chances Emery had us creating, that made the conversions more likely? Would have been easier to just say Emery might have been doing something right there, with regards to offensive coaching, but no... Good strikers score goals if they get chances, so they were obviously getting chances.

Emery gets his arse kicked when we're all over the place at the back, but when we're efficient up front it's an act of god.

blaze_of_glory

Well you've painted that incredible stat as if we lucked out, for a start. What about the types of chances Emery had us creating, that made the conversions more likely? Would have been easier to just say Emery might have been doing something right there, with regards to offensive coaching, but no... Good strikers score goals if they get chances, so they were obviously getting chances.

Emery gets his arse kicked when we're all over the place at the back, but when we're efficient up front it's an act of god.
Not at all what I meant. Simply that we need to ensure we are able to withstand that conversion rate inevitably dropping.

blaze_of_glory

I think we actually scored slightly fewer league goals this year than last, even with the incredible conversion rate. Our xG is not good. Utd finished 2nd last year and people were pointing out they over-performed their expected goals for (and against) and then look at them this season.

Hell, look at us during our unbeaten run in the early season. We were out-performing xG by a lot and then it eventually caught up with us. I didn't want to believe it at the time but it happened. We need to make sure we don't get caught out again.

To just ignore this stuff would be stupid. We need to improve our chance creation. If we aren't playing in a way that let's the no. 10 create (he's been sidelined, like literally forced to the sides of the field), then we need to improve our wide attack. This isn't some dig at Emery, he surely knows this. But it's up to him to make sure we are ready.

Could be that Bellerin coming back in will help a lot on his own tbh.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Not at all what I meant. Simply that we need to ensure we are able to withstand that conversion rate inevitably dropping.
You'd like to think every manager analyses where they went right and wrong, and where the team needs to improve. What Emery will attempt to do in the summer will be no different to what every other manager is paid to do.

yybecause

Formerly known as ArsenaLover
Hector is a huge miss.
adding just 2 good buys to our mid/attack, if they are a hit, and we're on. Attack is showing all the potential, and with an obvious wing strengthening it would go on a whole new level.
add to that an dynamic midfielder, the Ramey replacement, and obvious defense sort out and I got myself a nice summer to look forward to
I believe Emery has a clear picture of next season and what he needs, which is actually quiet obvious and can be done in today's market

There's also good young players coming up like Nelson and possibly Bielik who will add to numbers, just like the ones ready to be promoted in Willock, Nketiah.
Martinelli, and possibly few more buys like that is something we'll be doing from now on, and you gotta believe there will be some breakthrough's there

Think this group is stronger then people think, and is only couple of right moves away from something good that could happen.
Unai knows

edited: not using that as an answer to anybody, just had to put it out now

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom