• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang: Black Panther

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Fixed that for you.

He's held himself back in that regard, just scroll up.
Apparently he’s always been like this, even in that 40 goal season. We just need to create loads of chances for him to offset it. The good thing is his movement and nose for goal means it’s easier to create chances for him than for other strikers.

Long story short we need a quality wideman. A dynamic CM would be nice too.

DasBootist

Apparently he’s always been like this, even in that 40 goal season. We just need to create loads of chances for him to offset it. The good thing is his movement and nose for goal means it’s easier to create chances for him than for other strikers.

Long story short we need a quality wideman. A dynamic CM would be nice too.
I read a piece on Aubameyang a few weeks back (I forgot to post a link on this site) describing how his game is based on getting at the end of through balls, basically trying to get as many chances as possible as he does miss a lot of them.

I fail to see how this is a bad thing, as his strike rate seems to compare favourably to nearly every forward in the game.

Our focus should be on increasing the number of chances for he and Lacazette.

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant
Really looking forward to seeing him properly utilized next season with a more direct approach. That's something Emery needs to sort out by making the right transfers and creating a playstyle that supports that. We need to stop playing chess trying to walk the ball into the box.
That’s why some people want Emery out, they want Tony Pulis. They suffer from insomnia and need to watch a match before they go to sleep. They want arsenal to play that way so arsenal will lost almost all fans in different parts of the world. They rate work rate over everything, Kyut/James Milner are the best players in the world. Ronaldinho/Messi are **** because they do not do enough defending. 2009 Stoke is the best team in the world, not 2009 Barcelona. They love long passes that bypass the midfield, they love ugly boring dull football.

Last edited:

asukru

Established Member

Player:Martinelli
Love you Auba! Congrats on the Golden Boot and may your form continue to Baku and all next season!

bojed

AM Resident Joker #1
Auba has always missed sitters after sitters while he was plying his trade at Dortmund, and it's no different now.

He's no Titi, but he's good enough.

Our flanks need some serious questioning though.

progman07

Established Member
Half of the fans don't deserve Auba.

People should stop bringing up his misses as a 'defining moment of our season' - no, Mustafi shouldn't have conceded that stupid penalty, we shouldn't have ****ed up AT HOME against Crystal Palace, we should not have gone on a losing streak. We shouldn't have dropped Ramsey and Özil during the season, etc.

Let's just appreciate we have a world class goalscorer, or let's revert to a Giroud or Chamakh. Yes they didn't miss so many chances, because they didn't manage to get into those positions in the first place. I know which one would I choose every day.

Tosker

Does Not Hate Foreigners
considering he came to us with the reputation of being something of a prima donna, he has been a joy to have and a joy to watch - most of the time anyway

I suspect too his willingness to turn out for Gabon again stems from his being happy with his club

and happy players play better than unhappy players - I hope we have one more season at least with him and Laca up front, and I hope Emery lets them play together more regularly, because I do believe they are beginning to become a formidable strike force

I know I'm going to miss either or both when they've gone

albakos

Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you"
Administrator

Player:Saka
It's always frustrating. Henry missed a ****-ton as well, but nobody speaks of that.

..which reminded me of Paris :mad:

But I agree, had it not been for Henry, we wouldn't reach the final.
The same goes for Auba this season, had it not been for his goals, we would be lower in the table.

Ashybashy86

Love Auba to bits but if he scores that penalty against Sp**s we'd be 4th and he wouldn't be sharing that Golden Boot.
While you’re not wrong, I think it unfair to look at it that way. What about not beating Crystal Palace and Brighton at home? You can just as well say if we beat those teams, we’d be 4th.

Jae

While you’re not wrong, I think it unfair to look at it that way. What about not beating Crystal Palace and Brighton at home? You can just as well say if we beat either one those teams, we’d be 4th.

Completely agree mate, we had millions of chances to get 4th and there are tonnes of players that have missed chances. THAT moment just sticks it my head because it was a golden opportunity PLUS it was against the spuds.

We should be blaming Mustafi for all the goals he's cost us.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom