• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Raul's Transfer Targets: Summer 2019

• Thread starter Aevi
  • Start date
  • Replies 13,667
  • Views 1,470,050

Who would you rather have?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wrighty4eva

Established Member
Hope this isn't another one of them summers where we have links up the wazoo and don't sign anyone worth of note, with so many outgoings we need to get our business done as early as possible.

TornadoTed

Established Member
If we can swing it financially without compromising too much with other areas of the team we should get Zaha. Auba and Laca have scored 50 goals this season, add 15+ from Zaha as he will be playing in a better team and that is up there with Mane, Firminho & Salah and not far off Sterling, Aguero & Jesus.

TornadoTed

Established Member
If we can swing it financially without compromising too much with other areas of the team we should get Zaha. Auba and Laca have scored 50 goals this season, add 15+ from Zaha as he will be playing in a better team and that is up there with Mane, Firminho & Salah and not far off Sterling, Aguero & Jesus.

Actually I'll retract that. I think we could get top 4 next season with just Zaha and no other signings taking into account Bellerin and Holding will be back.

Auba, Laca & Zaha will score 60+ goals, however poor the rest of our team is, that would be enough to blow Chelsea and United away especially as both their top scorers could move this summer.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Actually I'll retract that. I think we could get top 4 next season with just Zaha and no other signings taking into account Bellerin and Holding will be back.

Auba, Laca & Zaha will score 60+ goals, however poor the rest of our team is, that would be enough to blow Chelsea and United away especially as both their top scorers could move this summer.

We need a quality winger to open the pitch up, our play gets so narrow we rely on wingbacks for width then we get smashed on the counter attack.

I think a winger and a midfielder who can carry the ball would completely transform this team, both in terms of goals scored and goals conceded.

scytheavatar

Established Member
But the players you mentioned were not putting up these numbers. They are elite numbers for a wide forward.

10 goals 5 assists is nothing special, when Zaha has been playing mostly as a striker this season. It's unlikely he will break 10 goals as an Arsenal player, so why would we want to sign him? Pre leg break Walcott is twice the player of current Zaha, 14 goals 10 assists in his best season.

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
10 goals 5 assists is nothing special, when Zaha has been playing mostly as a striker this season. It's unlikely he will break 10 goals as an Arsenal player, so why would we want to sign him? Pre leg break Walcott is twice the player of current Zaha, 14 goals 10 assists in his best season.

You have to look a little deeper though. Zaha only scored three goals in 18 games as a center forward. He scored seven of his goals playing wide. So he might have been significantly more productive had he not played half his games out of position.

Screen-Shot-2019-05-14-at-5-53-18-AM.png

scytheavatar

Established Member
You have to look a little deeper though. Zaha only scored three goals in 18 games as a center forward. He scored seven of his goals playing wide. So he might have been significantly more productive had he not played half his games out of position.

Screen-Shot-2019-05-14-at-5-53-18-AM.png

Oh look, 7 goals playing in the left flank. Don't we already have more than enough players on the left and not enough on the right?

Furious

Emery Gone, Telly Back On
Oh look, 7 goals playing in the left flank. Don't we already have more than enough players on the left and not enough on the right?

He can dribble past players, cause havoc, create chances, etc when the opposition sits deep. There's more to the game than goals and assists.

I've never been his biggest fan but I'm starting to like the idea.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Zaha would be great signing for all top 6 teams apart from maybe City and Liverpool english team over value their players i'll consider us buying him if he cost 30-40M.

benjamin86

Established Member
Zaha would be great signing for all top 6 teams apart from maybe City and Liverpool english team over value their players i'll consider us buying him if he cost 30-40M.
He'll be double that, English clubs don't have any pressure to sell.
(which is why talk of Zaha should be in the wishlist thread)

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
It's a shame the club never tried to tempt Palace to lower the fee for Zaha by offering one of Roy's favourites in Wilshere or Welbeck as part exchange when they had the chance.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
It's a shame the club never tried to tempt Palace to lower the fee for Zaha by offering one of Roy's favourites in Wilshere or Welbeck as part exchange when they had the chance.
or should have bought him before going to Manutd with Arsène he'll have great chance to improve himself at that age. just saw stats Zaha only played 4 games for manutd :lol: why the f**k did they buy him?

Reactions: A_G

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

or should have bought him before going to Manutd with Arsène he'll have great chance to improve himself at that age. just saw stats Zaha only played 4 games for manutd :lol: why the f**k did they buy him?

Fergie’s last signing in January 2013 which Moyes for some reason ostracised.

And for any wum on here the story about him shagging Moyes’ daughter is all bollocks.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
Fergie’s last signing in January 2013 which Moyes for some reason ostracised.
Think they had some problem with his attitude or something. I remember reading that one day during pre-season of Moyes or LVG (can't remember which) told the players that they could have tomorrow off, but if they wanted to get some work in they could come in. Zaha was apparently the only player in the squad that didn't show up the next day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom