• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Unai Emery: Adios

Status
Not open for further replies.

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
You just don't like the guy. Your expectations are irrational and you'll keep moving the goalposts regardless.

I hope you and the others all kill yourselves if we win the EL tbh. Im pulling no more punches on this issue. You're all cancerous. And you've all got the same thing in common. You all wanted Wenger to stay forever and you're all balls deep in Özil. Both will be gone soon, and you desperately need something to go your way. Very sad.
you're on a windup, you! :lol:

Top 4 and a cup is simply bare minimum with our squad. Man Utd with Mou and OGS with probably their poorest squad came 6th. Emery deserves time only if he shows progress and a clear idea. I'll give a few examples:

LvG at ManUre transformed them.they are still playing with the guys he promoted. Zidane at Madrid transformed them. By the time the season ended, you could see the change in the system. Ranieri at Leicester blew away the whole league.

I don't mind being 5th, and even missing CL, but the team needs to show signs to turning around.

krengon

One Arsène Wenger
Trusted ⭐
Well you've painted that incredible stat as if we lucked out, for a start. What about the types of chances Emery had us creating, that made the conversions more likely?

Actually the stats show we are creating less quality chances than before too, our strikers have just been that much better this year. It's definitely a worry and rightfully highlighted, if we don't create more chances as a team overall next season we'll be in trouble.. That's why I'm more desperate to see us buy a winger than a cb this summer(ideally you'd strenghten both).

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
Actually the stats show we are creating less quality chances than before too, our strikers have just been that much better this year. It's definitely a worry and rightfully highlighted, if we don't create more chances as a team overall next season we'll be in trouble.. That's why I'm more desperate to see us buy a winger than a cb this summer(ideally you'd strenghten both).
Was going to point this out. We're the exact opposite of what we were 4-5 years ago where we'd create a billion chances and still lose 0-1

ThisFather

Fan of Alpha Males
Ornstein just confirmed that we have £40m to spend in the summer. And £100m if we obtain Champions League. He says priority is CB and box to box CM. Then LB, and possibly RB. Also mentions that we won't break FFP (lol what?)

I'm so confused. How on earth is a club of this size only got 40mill to spend? Norwich who got promoted will probably spend more.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
I don't remember too many screamers... I don't recall this seasons goals to have been any more spectacular than previous seasons. I DO know I've read alot about our strikers not being able to finish their dinners, though, which would imply a lot of very good chances were missed. It's all very confusing... We lacked creativity last season and the season before that.

The goals went in. We still need strengthening, as always. That's all we know. Worrying about our fantastic conversion rate is little more than scaremongering at this stage.

Football throws up all sorts of weird and wonderful anomalies every season; Sp**s losing 13 and getting 3rd; Liverpool with 97 points, one loss and no title. I'm sure there are loads of others if we dug deeper into the stats.

Bottom line is we have good strikers and need players to help them. That's what we should be worrying about. It's a personnel issue, as always.

Özil, a worst season statistically than ... Iwobi. Oh, somebody said we lacked creativity? :lol:

Last edited:

Hleb's Sirush

Established Member
Ornstein just confirmed that we have £40m to spend in the summer. And £100m if we obtain Champions League. He says priority is CB and box to box CM. Then LB, and possibly RB. Also mentions that we won't break FFP (lol what?)

I'm so confused. How on earth is a club of this size only got 40mill to spend? Norwich who got promoted will probably spend more.

Last year the excuse was that we committed a lot to wages so didn't have much left for transfers. Cech, Ramsey, Lich, Welbeck, Jenkinson plus possibly a few others are leaving. Freeing up a fair chunk in wages. So what's the excuse this time?

Sanchez11

Nobody Is Coming!

No winger?? lol

Wrighty4eva

Established Member

Fecking joke ting.

Toby

No longer a Stuttgart Fan
Actually the stats show we are creating less quality chances than before too, our strikers have just been that much better this year.

I was hoping someone would bring that up so I didn't have to look it up. Because xG alone is a nice stat, but there's still more depth to it, because basically every chance is put into it by means of where it happened. It gets really dodgy when e.g. a shot from outside the box, assigned a lower xG value, hits the post, but a header from a corner which misses by a few metres is assigned a higher xG value. Despite that, it's a good stat, but you should at least look at the quality of chances, not just the bare xG.

There's an analysis on Lucien Favre's teams consistently outscoring their xG. A more in depth analysis revealed this was because they were taking/trying very, very few bad chances, created more good chances and then took them. Simply put if you create 3 good chances and 10 low quality chances your xG will be higher than if you just create 3 quality chances and 2 low quality, but the chance is very high you actually score the same amount of goals in both cases.

So the more important thing is quality of chances. Like I said, in the realm of xG it's still hard to evaluate these because as of now it's just measured by where a shot has been taken, but still, generally, if you have a low xG but mostly quality chances and outsocre xG, it speaks for your setup - because you actually manage to create good chances which are more likely to result in a goal. If you have low xG made up of a lot of low quality chances but still outscore it, it speaks for the quality of your strikers, because although you create mostly only low quality chances which are less likely to result in a goal the strikers still convert them.

So if that stat of yours is true, it's worrying and has to be taken care of by tactics as well as signings.

kraphtous

Raul Stanllehi
There are some interesting rumours of Juventus moving on Allegri for Conte this summer.

If that is the case, win the Europa League, secure CL football and go for Allegri!

Camron

Photoshop King
Trusted ⭐

Player:Martinelli
There are some interesting rumours of Juventus moving on Allegri for Conte this summer.

If that is the case, win the Europa League, secure CL football and go for Allegri!
Allegri is the exact opposite of attractive exciting football.

He needs 300m budget which he won't get and will still play turgid cowardly unwatchable football. Don't get fooled by the manager of the dominant team in the one team league. He won't bring us PL or CL.

My mate is a lifelong Juve supporter and lost all enjoyment of the game and can't wait to get rid of him. No amount of Scudetto's can compensate. Italian Mourinho he is.

He'll slap the **** out of Mustafi though, send Özil to China and probably will make some of our players cry during half time team talks, so if Emery doesn't sort the team this summer it might still be worth it.

kraphtous

Raul Stanllehi
Allegri is the exact opposite of attractive exciting football.

He needs 300m budget which he won't get and will still play turgid cowardly unwatchable football. Don't get fooled by the manager of the dominant team in the one team league. He won't bring us PL or CL.

My mate is a lifelong Juve supporter and lost all enjoyment of the game and can't wait to get rid of him. No amount of Scudetto's can compensate. Italian Mourinho he is.

He'll slap the **** out of Mustafi though, send Özil to China and probably will make some of our players cry during half time team talks, so if Emery doesn't sort the team this summer it might still be worth it.
There are not a lot of alternatives right now, so we can look for style in other seasons. Right now though, Allegri is undoubtedly a better manager than Emery and it should be an easy decision IF he would join us.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

There are not a lot of alternatives right now, so we can look for style in other seasons. Right now though, Allegri is undoubtedly a better manager than Emery and it should be an easy decision IF he would join us.

Very easy at this point. Big no to Allegri I mean.

If we had Giroud then maybe yes so he could use his superior tactics to cross to him!

kraphtous

Raul Stanllehi
Very easy at this point. Big no to Allegri I mean.

If we had Giroud then maybe yes so he could use his superior tactics to cross to him!
Isn‘t that what we already do under Emery? Bring the ball to Kolasinac/Bellerin and cutback?

At least we‘ll be defensively solid and win more games under Allegri.

As I said there are not many alternatives but if it‘s between Emery and Allegri, you take Allegri every time.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

Isn‘t that what we already do under Emery? Bring the ball to Kolasinac/Bellerin and cutback?

At least we‘ll be defensively solid and win more games under Allegri.

As I said there are not many alternatives but if it‘s between Emery and Allegri, you take Allegri every time.

It's not quite similar to crossing to Ronaldo, and its not always that Arsenal plays long ball from there.

And you can read Camron's message from a Juventus fan and ask again.

Even Allegri won't get Mustafi to not make mistakes in EPL. Or probabilities are like 5% for it.

And there isn't even a choice or any sense to get Allegri here now. Could be a possibility if Emery flops next season. Only idiot would change managers every 2 years if the manager doesn't flop in 1st season.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom