• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Raul's Transfer Targets: Summer 2019

• Thread starter Aevi
  • Start date
  • Replies 13,667
  • Views 1,469,779

Who would you rather have?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Think they had some problem with his attitude or something. I remember reading that one day during pre-season of Moyes or LVG (can't remember which) told the players that they could have tomorrow off, but if they wanted to get some work in they could come in. Zaha was apparently the only player in the squad that didn't show up the next day.

I read an interview with Zaha the other day and he paints Moyes in a bad light but then again it’d be weird for LVG to hate him off the bat for no reason.

He seems to have matured now though, feels like a completely different player to back then.

Reactions: A_G

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
10 goals 5 assists is nothing special, when Zaha has been playing mostly as a striker this season. It's unlikely he will break 10 goals as an Arsenal player, so why would we want to sign him? Pre leg break Walcott is twice the player of current Zaha, 14 goals 10 assists in his best season.

But Palace are not scoring the 70-80 goals a season we do or the 90-100 the top two are scoring. They average 46% possession & dont have a recognised striker above 6 goals.

This season he either scored, assisted or won the pen for 40% of Palaces league goals. Last season their general play was ridiculously reliant on him.

Its not really the production that interests me though (that comes and goes) but his ability to stretch play & beat defenders. He has been elite in this area for years. The threat would create time & space for the midfield.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Zaha completes so many take ons because he basically tries to beat a man every single time he gets the ball. He beats a man sometimes where he doesn't even need to. He beats a man because he has held onto it too long. Take on stats are pointless unless you factor in how much they actually lose the ball while doing it. He loses the ball twice as much than everyone else on the list. He does that because he doesn't make the right decision when dribbling. I wouldn't go for Zaha.

Ceballinhos

Cheating on Santi
Kimpembe is an interesting one, thought he was supposed to be highly rated. Anyone seen much of him?

Also I’d take Draxler if they do decide to bin him.

Kimpembe potential is huge but he has to leave PSG in order to improve.

I think he's the perfect case of a player being too good at a young age playing in a dominant team.
He's in his confort zone and has been mediocre lately.

GDeep™

League is very weak
I find it bizarre when Arsenal fans say “he’s out of our price range” and we’re talking about Zaha, Maguire, Tierney etc, and not De Ligt, De Jong, Koulibaly etc.

When and how did we become like this? I know all the answers but it’s ****ing crazy that we accept that we won’t even sign good domestic players.

It’s reaching the “what’s the point” stage for me.

Sanchez11

Nobody Is Coming!

I find it bizarre when Arsenal fans say “he’s out of our price range” and we’re talking about Zaha, Maguire, Tierney etc, and not De Ligt, De Jong, Koulibaly etc.

When and how did we become like this? I know all the answers but it’s ****ing crazy that we accept that we won’t even sign good domestic players.

Well yes its been like that for years, but no one had the balls to say anything!

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩

It’ll be like that until Kroenke chooses to put funds it into.

Until then we’ll only be able to afford one marquee signing a window and maybe 2 or 3 youngsters/squad rotation players.

The sad truth.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

We need to fill many positions. EPL players are very expensive if they have long contracts. Both Zaha & Maguire extended last fall until 2023. They won't sell cheap, they don't have to and they want to be in EPL in future. It's even fair to say those players will be overpriced as HG.

Stones cost 55 million euros and that was 3 years ago. Mahrez was 68 million euros last year and not HG.

It's just common sense we cannot pay too much for any single player this year. Maybe if we get to UCL through Europa League or next year. And have most important positions already sorted. That way players also want to come here more.

Last edited:

ClubLevel

Thing is if you sign a De Ligt for say £80m that's your defence sorted for 15 years. Or there is a huge upsell fee during that time so to me there is less risk than signing mid-range £30m players who might give you a few years and are in the tier 2 of players who could improve.

drippin

Thing is if you sign a De Ligt for say £80m that's your defence sorted for 15 years. Or there is a huge upsell fee during that time so to me there is less risk than signing mid-range £30m players who might give you a few years and are in the tier 2 of players who could improve.

I understand but thing is De Ligt won't come here very surely, but goes to a top top club. Also I think he might be even more expensive than that as a top teenager. Although contract until 2021.

Also you are suggesting we spend almost all our money to one position, when many players are needed.

drippin

Our priority (and what budget can handle) is in my view replacing Mustafi. Getting Holding back, and Koscielny a full season.

Next year we can replace Koscielny with a top CB.

TheIceman85

Yep just like the Mustafi for cheap instead of splashing out for van Dijk scenario.

scytheavatar

Established Member

Even extending Ramsey's contract was out of our price range........ if you want to blame, blame Özil/Mkhitaryan and those idiots in charge who thought it was a good idea to give those 2 big fat contracts. Blame too those idiots who thought letting Sanchez and Ramsey run down their contract was fine.

That's why what that will define the upcoming summer transfer window wouldn't be who we bring in, it's who we are offloading.

Sapient Hawk

Can You Smell What The Hawk Is Cooking?
Trusted ⭐

He can dribble past players, cause havoc, create chances, etc when the opposition sits deep. There's more to the game than goals and assists.

I've never been his biggest fan but I'm starting to like the idea.

People neglect the fact that he's put in these numbers playing for a team that for the majority of the season had the cloud of relegation hanging over it.

He can also beat his man. The run the other day where he beat a couple Bournemouth players was great, we don't have anyone who can do that.

Also we can't forget the amount of penalties he'd win. That alone is worth it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom