• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Unai Emery: Adios

Status
Not open for further replies.

Camron

Photoshop King
Trusted ⭐

Player:Martinelli
There are not a lot of alternatives right now, so we can look for style in other seasons. Right now though, Allegri is undoubtedly a better manager than Emery and it should be an easy decision IF he would join us.
Esplain why Allegri is a better manager?

Both managed a guaranteed title winning team with the biggest budget in a one team league.

Both failed in Europe at the highest level. Allegri did so multiple times, and this season even added a CL serial winner to his side and still failed.

Allegri is not particularly known for getting the best out of a poor squad with limited funds. He is also not known for attacking football. He'd turn us into Stoke with the budget we have available.

If we change manager (which we should only consider if next season we have not vastly improved after investing in the squad) we should go for a young hungry manager, not a stone age manager used to celebrating the league title after 18 games.

kraphtous

Raul Stanllehi

Both managed a guaranteed title winning team with the biggest budget in a one team league.

Both failed in Europe at the highest level. Allegri did so multiple times, and this season even added a CL serial winner to his side and still failed.

Allegri is not particularly known for getting the best out of a poor squad with limited funds. He is also not known for attacking football. He'd turn us into Stoke with the budget we have available.

If we change manager (which we should only consider if next season we have not vastly improved after investing in the squad) we should go for a young hungry manager, not a stone age manager used to celebrating the league title after 18 games.
What young hungry manager are you talking about? Allegri is literally just 4 years older than Emery who apparently young and hungry for success. Comparing Allegri‘s CL „failures“ with Emery‘s is a damn joke, I won‘t even entertain it.

Anyway we are not Sevilla or some club that doesn‘t invest lol we signed Aubameyang and Lacazette for 120m in recent years and wasted more money on rubbish players. And that‘s without CL football. Allegri would have plenty of money to work with, especially if we qualify for the CL. He would do well in a non-super club as he has proven before since Juventus is not the only club he has managed.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

What young hungry manager are you talking about? Allegri is literally just 4 years older than Emery who apparently young and hungry for success. Comparing Allegri‘s CL „failures“ with Emery‘s is a damn joke, I won‘t even entertain it.

Anyway we are not Sevilla or some club that doesn‘t invest lol we signed Aubameyang and Lacazette for 120m in recent years and wasted more money on rubbish players. And that‘s without CL football. Allegri would have plenty of money to work with, especially if we qualify for the CL. He would do well in a non-super club as he has proven before since Juventus is not the only club he has managed.

Wow, 4 years! That surprised me, managing Juventus must be stressful.

So why would you not want Emery to get to use this "plenty of money" for his 2nd season?

Can you explain the benefits of changing manager every year even if they perform to expectations / don't flop in 1st season? And if your option is of similar quality to replace.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Allegri probably would’ve gotten us top four, as much as he’s a choker in Europe he’s got pedigree in the league format.

But f*ck me if it wouldn’t be the most painful watching experience ever.

I’ve tried watching Juve this year but it’s just so joyless, they’re miles better than the entire league and yet they just camp behind the ball and spam it to Ronaldo.

He makes Mourinho look like Zdenek Zeman, I’d rather finish fifth with Emery than watch that turgid sh*te.

drippin

Allegri probably would’ve gotten us top four, as much as he’s a choker in Europe he’s got pedigree in the league format.

I’ve tried watching Juve this year but it’s just so joyless, they’re miles better than the entire league and yet they just camp behind the ball and spam it to Ronaldo.

He makes Mourinho look like Zdenek Zeman, I’d rather finish fifth with Emery than watch that turgid sh*te.

Do you mean Allegri would have bought proper glasses for the linesman in Chelsea-Cardiff game, and taken away his whiskey glass?

Furious

Emery Gone, Telly Back On

Tbf, Emery is turgid sh*te as well. Not entertaining and can't coach a defence. Double trouble.

drippin

Tbf, Emery is turgid sh*te as well. Not entertaining and can't coach a defence. Double trouble.

You're saying a manager who cannot even play his favourite formation with current players, is turgid ****e because he doesn't play in entertaining way with 3 at the back, which he was basically forced to use mostly?

Allegri has had many years to build and drill squad who has superior funds and position in their league. It is not very comparable.

Last edited:

drippin

Also can you explain why Arsenal scored 3rd most and 6 more goals than Tottenham who scored 4th most in EPL. Are goals scored not an indication of some entertainment?

kraphtous

Raul Stanllehi
Wow, 4 years! That surprised me, managing Juventus must be stressful.

So why would you not want Emery to get to use this "plenty of money" for his 2nd season?

Can you explain the benefits of changing manager every year even if they perform to expectations / don't flop in 1st season? And if your option is of similar quality to replace.
To answer your question, because I believe Allegri is a better manager than Emery and I believe he will improve us. 1st season or 10th, if there‘s a chance to improve this club in any capacity, I want to do it.

Don‘t want change, just for the sake of it but what is the point in having loyalty for one more year when you can improve now, next year someone as good might not even be available. We missed our chance to get Klopp in because we didn‘t want to part with Wenger yet.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Also can you explain why Arsenal scored 3rd most and 6 more goals than Tottenham who scored 4th most in EPL. Are goals scored not an indication of some entertainment?
It was a freak occurrence, apparently. Our chance conversion % was off the scale for some strange reason. I'm not so sure it was a fluke, tbh. I'm willing to put it down to the extra sessions of intensive netball practice.

drippin

To answer your question, because I believe Allegri is a better manager than Emery and I believe he will improve us. 1st season or 10th, if there‘s a chance to improve this club in any capacity, I want to do it.

Don‘t want change, just for the sake of it but what is the point in having loyalty for one more year when you can improve now, next year someone as good might not even be available. We missed our chance to get Klopp in because we didn‘t want to part with Wenger yet.

Okay, I understand. I don't see Emery having flopped (he can't even play his favourite formation with current squad) & don't see Allegri as better manager (especially judging by this year's performance), I see him similar quality. It would be Allegri's first season in EPL, Emery's second. And change brings much more risk anyway. Thanks for explanation.

drippin

It was a freak occurrence, apparently. Our chance conversion % was off the scale for some strange reason. I'm not so sure it was a fluke, tbh. I'm willing to put it down to the extra sessions of intensive netball practice.

There could be a reason. Doesn't quality of chances also matter? It's a bit weird that Aubameyang had most missed chances in the league when thinking about the conversion rate.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
There could be a reason. Doesn't quality of chances also matter? It's a bit weird that Aubameyang had most missed chances in the league when thinking about the conversion rate.
I was indulging in a bit of sarcasm tbh. Yes, quality of chances do matter but we didn't create many of those either according to the stats, despite many acknowledging how many sitters our strikers kept missing. It's all very confusing. :lol:

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
I'm pleased to see the majority vote and the overriding sentiment is reasonable in this thread. It has restored my faith in human nature somewhat.

Still can't get my head around some people posting as if they have just witnessed us struggling for an entire season in mid-table.

What on earth is it about our squad that makes it seem that we can stroll into the top 4? A couple of decent players and that's about it. People are acting as if top 4 is our birthright. Do I personally believe the boss screwed up some team selections in the push for the top 4? Absolutely. But show me a single manager in world football whose fans don't complain on a weekly basis about team selection.

drippin

I'm pleased to see the majority vote and the overriding sentiment is reasonable in this thread. It has restored my faith in human nature somewhat.

Still can't get my head around some people posting as if they have just witnessed us struggling for an entire season in mid-table.

What on earth is it about our squad that makes it seem that we can stroll into the top 4? A couple of decent players and that's about it. People are acting as if top 4 is our birthright. Do I personally believe the boss screwed up some team selections in the push for the top 4? Absolutely. But show me a single manager in world football whose fans don't complain on a weekly basis about team selection.

I'm not saying either that he doesn't make mistakes.

But it's really weird how people don't even want to see the whole picture in (forced) selections, tactics and our performances this season.

For some it's all Emery's fault and changing him magically gives us top 4 with no risk whatsoever.

I don't want Arsenal to be one of those clubs who sack managers all the time, even if there is no good reason. Sarri got Chelsea 3. and in UEL final, and he probably gets sacked after his 1st season. But I guess there might be some behind the scenes reasons affecting.

Do people understand how it affects Arsenal's ability to attract top coaches if they see that normal expectation performance will get you sacked after 1st season? Telling "it's a project", but you get sacked after 1st season.

At least they will be sure to get Mourinho-style sacking money written in their contracts. How good is that for Arsenal?

Last edited:

Toby

No longer a Stuttgart Fan
Do you mean Allegri would have bought proper glasses for the linesman in Chelsea-Cardiff game, and taken away his whiskey glass?

Blaming the refs in games Arsenal didn't even feature in for missing out on Top 4 - do I get that right?:lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom