• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Non-Arsenal Transfers Thread: Summer 2019

• Thread starter A_G
  • Start date
  • Replies 5,998
  • Views 640,812
Status
Not open for further replies.

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist

They're going to be struggling if they don't get their transfer ban lifted or at least pushed back. But I still can't blame them since it would have cost them almost £16 million just to take him on loan for another season and almost double that to buy him outright. He just hasn't been worth it. Better off bringing Tammy Abraham back from loan. He's been scoring goals in buckets in the Championship.

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member
Their squad is aging though, they''ll need to replace Trippier/Alderweireld/Rose/Eriksen/Dembele either this summer or in the near future.

Their fans want Trippier replaced this summer, every one of them I know seriously don't like the guy, I haven't watched him but apparently his performances this year have been beyond woeful.

Toby

No longer a Stuttgart Fan
How much would Salah cost? No release clause, long contract and Liverpool in a strong position.

More than Neymar possibly.

I'd say 200 at least. Neymar has the name, the PR and the marketing value, but with Mo Salah you could definitely tap into that a bit more. Tbh honest I'd want 250 for him, he's been head and shoulders above Neymar on the pitch.

krengon

One Arsène Wenger
Trusted ⭐

Dybala is most likely gone.. Wonder where, I hope not Manu lol.. Starting to have some doubts about his mentality, but his talent is undeniable.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Dybala is most likely gone.. Wonder where, I hope not Manu lol.. Starting to have some doubts about his mentality, but his talent is undeniable.

Atletico has been linked a lot, Simeone finds it hard to pass up a talented Argentine.

Toby

No longer a Stuttgart Fan

I don't fancy all this talk about Ronaldo making everyone worse and unhappy. Think it's overhyped. When you've got one of the two best goalscorers in your team, of course you'll set up to get the best out of him. Juve have maybe gone a tad too far with this, but it's not like it's impossible to adjust your game and play with Ronaldo. Just look at Benzema. The guy himself's got the potential to score more than 30 a season, but he adjusted to having to cater to Ronaldo. Still usually got more than 20 goals and around 10 assists - in all of his seasons at Real bar 17/18.

What's far worse for Dybala than any teammate is that Allegri switched to a default 433 this season. I don't know if he did that because Ronaldo and Dybala were standing on each others' feet, I've not seen Juve enough this season, but I doubt it. As this natural attacking mid/second striker Dybala usually operates deeper and more central than Ronaldo who really is either still coming in from high left or centre forward.
Allegri has pushed Dybala to the right, and that's what did him in. He's not a winger, at least not in the mold Juventus would need. It's more about Allegri than Ronaldo.

Think Dybala could fit two clubs: At Atletico as a Griezmann replacement in a two man front row, occupying his natrual AM/SS position, or at Man City as part of the winger/attacking mid rotation. He could definitely play winger/AM similar to D. Silva, B. Silva or Sterling.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
Wonder if Atletico would look at Alexis even on loan.

Not been following the Chilean squad news but if Alexis gets picked would back him to find form at the Copa America.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom