• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Wilfried Zaha

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member
Can we get him cheaper if he hands in a transfer request?

Long game, transfer requests always seem to at first be met with refusal by clubs, the club will refuse to sell and come out and say a move isn't happening.

Eventually the player always leaves be it late in the window or the summer after.

I'd rather we didn't waste months on transfers which drag unless its worth it, the fee is always difficult to determine after a transfer request too, some will cave and accept just to move on and conduct their own business and some will outright refuse any offer they deem low and gamble on the player still performing for them if their figure isn't met.

I always tend to change my opinion on a player once a transfer request is handed in especially if they have signed a contract recently and been treated well by the club.

Sapient Hawk

Can You Smell What The Hawk Is Cooking?
Trusted ⭐

Whilst the main reason for his high valuation is expected due to how crucial he was for Palace's stay in the Premier League, we must also factor in his former club.

United will get s percentage of the sell on fee (possibly as high as 25%) which makes it easy to understand his valuation.

Had they not had the foresight to add that clause (which is quite clever for a shambolically run football club) he'd be markedly lower in price.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
If we want him just need to make the move before a United or someone pays big for Wan-Bissaka. Hopefully a Chambers or another fringe player helps with the fee.

They seem very keen on Batshuayi to solve their striker issue & he will not be cheap.

Sapient Hawk

Can You Smell What The Hawk Is Cooking?
Trusted ⭐

If we want him just need to make the move before a United or someone pays big for Wan-Bissaka. Hopefully a Chambers or another fringe player helps with the fee.

They seem very keen on Batshuayi to solve their striker issue & he will not be cheap.

Not that it's his thread but Wan-Bissaka would be mad to go to United now. Surely Zaha's had a word or two about his own horrific experience up north :lol:

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

People on the Palace forum seem to be saying they’re in for Welbeck, apparently Roy really likes him.

Shame we haven’t got him for another year, could try and offer him on in a part exchange.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

What this whole situation tells me is that he didn't back himself to do as well as he has done

On that Palace forum they’re saying he had a release clause last year but basically had it removed for a pay rise up to 130k.

I guess from a financial standpoint he’s now sorted for the next five years no matter what happens but if he really wanted that CL move it wasn’t the best move.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
What this whole situation tells me is that he didn't back himself to do as well as he has done
He did get 130k out of Palace which might not have been possible with a release clause. Despite the rumors last summer not a single offer materialised & the guy had a kid on the way.

Tourbillion

Angry & Miserable
Think Zaha will add +20 goals next season in terms of space/chaos created, assists and goals scored. Zaha with the ball at his feet draws multiple players to him, messing up the shape of their defense. He has the ability and speed to go past them and will draw fouls around the box like a magnet. This is where we struggle at this moment.

I was not a fan of him a few years back based solely on his end product, but with Laca and Auba as our strike force I'm confident he'll drag us into top four easily. Think he'll prove to be a great mentor for the likes of Iwobi and Nelson/Saka later on. They will have someone to look up to in their position and possibly emulate.
He ****s on us whenever we play Palace. **** him.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
What they are smoking in Crystal Palace and I thought 80m was laughable I mean Mahrez who won the league and got pfa gone to City for 60m

TheEconomist

Established Member
What's the point of buying him if we're going to **** ourselves in 12 months time when we realise we also have to also pay him 250k+ a week and then spend 2020 looking for someone to take him for free so we can get his wages off our books

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
The ex owner thinks 60m is about the price & could be open to build a more balanced team.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
We’re not signing him. We’re not making him our record signing (which is what it would take) whether we have a Europa League budget or a Champions League budget.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom