• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

UEFA Europa League Final: Chelsea v Arsenal | May 29, 2019 20:00 BST | BT Sport

Who will win the Europa League?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

Yeah he played there at home against Chelsea, when we won 2-0.

So best tactic would be Xhaka-Guendouzi midfield and Torreira as AMF marking Jorginho? 3 at the back and 2 strikers?

In that 2-0 game we had 4 midfielders in the field and 4 at the back. But now we don't have Ramsey.

Isn't only other option to put Iwobi at AMF? Mkhi is likely not able to participate and like you said Özil might not be the best option to mark anyone. He can come in as substitute if trailing.

Preacher

Always Crying
So best tactic would be Xhaka-Guendouzi midfield and Torreira as AMF marking Jorginho? 3 at the back and 2 strikers?

In that 2-0 game we had 4 midfielders in the field and 4 at the back. But now we don't have Ramsey.

Isn't only other option to put Iwobi at AMF? Mkhi is likely not able to participate and like you said Özil might not be the best option to mark anyone. He can come in as substitute if trailing.
I think there isn't good answer to who we should put behind our strikers. With Torreira we would lack creativity. Also it is risky to put him in the new position where he didn't play all season.

Beany

ITK
Trusted ⭐

Absolute shambles from UEFA.

Yep.

It's laughable - the club is struggling to shift 6,000 tickets because its so ****ing difficult to get there - it's not just the cost, there are simply not the flights in and no other, practical way to get there, other than in the world of fantasy.

I made what appears to have been the smart move of arranging transport in advance at not completely stupid expense - about £1k per person including hotels but excluding match ticket and spends - and that requires me to take a week off work!

Plus and for all I know, we could get to Milan (the easy bit) then find our onward flight to Baku has been cancelled/overbooked or whatever and we're totally screwed.

The only other option is to take the club "day trip", which will be about as much fun as explosive diarrhea.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
It's very like the game will be played with half stadium empty 6k for from big club fanbase like arsenal is pathetic

Furious

Emery Gone, Telly Back On
It's very like the game will be played with half stadium empty 6k for from big club fanbase like arsenal is pathetic

Why would it be empty? I'm sure there's loads of fans in Baku, and there's most certainly been sold tickets to other organizations as well.

Hleb's Sirush

Established Member
That friedly really amazes me. In US also, getting some jetlag and maybe bad sleep to players is always good of course.

How sure can we be about Kante not making it? Rudiger? Any links? Quite important for us.

We have performed well against tough opposition in UEL and even somewhat in EPL. Hazard masterclass is basically the only worry to me, but we performed well against Chelsea this season. Players missed sitters in the away game and now our strikers are in flames. We can do this.

I think Rudiger is definitely out. He had surgery on his knee a couple of weeks ago.

Kante is just a doubt. He got a hamstring injury on the 5th of May so by the time of the final he has had 3 and half weeks to recover which is doable. I personally think there is more chance of him making it then not.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

I think Rudiger is definitely out. He had surgery on his knee a couple of weeks ago.

Kante is just a doubt. He got a hamstring injury on the 5th of May so by the time of the final he has had 3 and half weeks to recover which is doable. I personally think there is more chance of him making it then not.

Chelsea journo seems to think he’ll make it.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Even if Kante will make it he won't be 100% fit. I really wish ramsey was available our midfield and attack will be much superior

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom