• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Non-Arsenal Transfers Thread: Summer 2019

• Thread starter A_G
  • Start date
  • Replies 5,998
  • Views 638,295
Status
Not open for further replies.

asukru

Established Member

Player:Martinelli
Wonder if Atletico would look at Alexis even on loan.

Not been following the Chilean squad news but if Alexis gets picked would back him to find form at the Copa America.

I think Simeone could get good use out of him and like you said he will most likely find form at the Copa America. I just think that whole United team is in shambles right now.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
th

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member

Dybala is most likely gone.. Wonder where, I hope not Manu lol.. Starting to have some doubts about his mentality, but his talent is undeniable.

Jeez, his brother needs to keep his mouth shut about any issues Dybala or his squad mates may be having with Ronaldo.

As difficult as Ronaldo can sometimes appear to be on the pitch you cannot come out and whine about playing with one of the greatest players ever one season in.

If you are playing with Ronaldo or Messi you just shut up and accept they come first.

***** move how his brother also chucks everyone else under the bus as well to make his son look better.

Looks like Dybala is off then, brother/agent is clearly putting clubs on alert.

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member
Overpriced but good signing they desperately need striker

Is he the striker a club like Real Madrid need?

I've heard the hype and seen the youtube videos but is he a player who will blow up at Madrid or find himself back on the market again in a season or two?

Being a striker at Madrid is a very difficult job.

Toby

No longer a Stuttgart Fan
Is he the striker a club like Real Madrid need?

I've heard the hype and seen the youtube videos but is he a player who will blow up at Madrid or find himself back on the market again in a season or two?

Being a striker at Madrid is a very difficult job.

Really depends. I didn't believe the hype for a long time until I followed Eintracht more closely. Think he's the real deal - best young striker around right now I'd say. He's got dedication and application, good workrate, pace, movement, good physicality, technique, cold finishing and he can do it with his feet or head. Very much resembles Lewandoski, although I'd say Jovic has more pace whereas Lewa is more perceptive and the more intelligent passer, especially in tight areas. But Jovic is only 21 yet.

Of course Real is a different beast to most other clubs in terms of pressure to perform, etc., but if he applies himself like he does at Frankfurt and Real continue to focus on their CF as main source of goals again, I'd say he'll make it there.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
What happens to Benzema now? I think he played really well for the last couple of years.

Toby

What happens to Benzema now? I think he played really well for the last couple of years.

Last season was his worst ever for Real, I think, but he's turned it around again. Think he's got 30 goals and around 10 assists in 18/19.

Think Jovic will start life at Madrid as his backup. Mariano doesn't cut it as even that at this level. Also, Benzema doesn't get any younger - he's turning 32 at the end of the year and even if he had a good season, you never know how well players' performances age. If Real can get Jovic now for 60m, easy him in behind Benzema, that's a good deal for them. If the Serbian puts in another season like this staying at Franfurt, his value will only rise and there will be more and more interested clubs with a good portion of the current crop of top strikers like Suarez, Cavani, Aguero, Lewandowski, Benzema north of 30.

Toby

whoever costs you 60mil, yet you could have got him for peanuts a year earlier, is a bad business.

I know what you mean, but you couldn't get Jovic last summer. He was still on loan from Benfica and Frankfurt had an option to buy - for 7m. Massive business for Eintracht.

yybecause

Formerly known as ArsenaLover
I know what you mean, but you couldn't get Jovic last summer. He was still on loan from Benfica and Frankfurt had an option to buy - for 7m. Massive business for Eintracht.
they could have bought him and sell right away, before he played a game this season. then of course, someone had to be in for him.

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member
Really depends. I didn't believe the hype for a long time until I followed Eintracht more closely. Think he's the real deal - best young striker around right now I'd say. He's got dedication and application, good workrate, pace, movement, good physicality, technique, cold finishing and he can do it with his feet or head. Very much resembles Lewandoski, although I'd say Jovic has more pace whereas Lewa is more perceptive and the more intelligent passer, especially in tight areas. But Jovic is only 21 yet.

Of course Real is a different beast to most other clubs in terms of pressure to perform, etc., but if he applies himself like he does at Frankfurt and Real continue to focus on their CF as main source of goals again, I'd say he'll make it there.

Oh I agree he looks great, but so did Owen, Morientes, Higuan, Huntelaar, the level at Madrid is crazy. I'm no way saying he doesn't have the ability or at that level its just Madrid is a place which can break the best of players, I just wonder if its a place for a 21yr old to find himself so early in his career.

The Madrid fans also give no ****s about your age or stages of development they want immediate results.

He will clearly get goals as the league allows for that. Quite interested to see the new Madrid team and how it takes shape next season.

Toby

they could have bought him and sell right away, before he played a game this season. then of course, someone had to be in for him.

Don't really think so. The James deal is a pretty good example of how such loan deals work.

Bayern loaned out James from Real for two years with an option to buy that was fixed right there and then. At the same time, a player contract for James at Bayern was drawn up and also signed by all parties. So an option for Real to bring him back during the loan is absolutely illogical. If Bayern decided they use the option - which they could do at any given time until a certain date this June iirc - he'd also already have a contract for Bayern which he signed when he left Real.

So it's very probabale that Jovic was loaned out to Frankfurt for two seasons with a contract agreed and signed at Eintracht which would be activated once Frankfurt drew the option. Such contractual details also make it almost impossible to entertain ideas like Benfica could have ended the loan early e.g. last summer to sell him themselves. Bobic made it pretty clear that once he was loaned out and everything signed, all power was with Frankfurt. Similar to the James/Bayern/Real deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom