• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Non-Arsenal Transfers Thread: Summer 2019

• Thread starter A_G
  • Start date
  • Replies 5,998
  • Views 640,945
Status
Not open for further replies.

yybecause

Formerly known as ArsenaLover
Don't really think so. The James deal is a pretty good example of how such loan deals work.

Bayern loaned out James from Real for two years with an option to buy that was fixed right there and then. At the same time, a player contract for James at Bayern was drawn up and also signed by all parties. So an option for Real to bring him back during the loan is absolutely illogical. If Bayern decided they use the option - which they could do at any given time until a certain date this June iirc - he'd also already have a contract for Bayern which he signed when he left Real.

So it's very probabale that Jovic was loaned out to Frankfurt for two seasons with a contract agreed and signed at Eintracht which would be activated once Frankfurt drew the option. Such contractual details also make it almost impossible to entertain ideas like Benfica could have ended the loan early e.g. last summer to sell him themselves. Bobic made it pretty clear that once he was loaned out and everything signed, all power was with Frankfurt. Similar to the James/Bayern/Real deal.
But couldn't Real, or whoever, just offer 20 mil to Frankfurt as soon as he became their player? don't think it would be a problem. Nothing to do with Benfica

Toby

No longer a Stuttgart Fan
Oh I agree he looks great, but so did Owen, Morientes, Higuan, Huntelaar, the level at Madrid is crazy. I'm no way saying he doesn't have the ability or at that level its just Madrid is a place which can break the best of players, I just wonder if its a place for a 21yr old to find himself so early in his career.

Madrid is a different level, but so I think is Jovic to those player you mentioned.

Firstly I think Higuain and Morientes had alright spells at Real. They didn't really set the world alight, but neither were they absolute top elite strikers. They did fill out their roles fairly well. And with Higuain you could even argue about him being kind of misued and actually being almost elite. He was mostly second option at Real and once he joined another club banged them in until he decided he was ever only going to eat at McDonalds ever again.

Huntelaar was a fox in the box and tap in merchant as they come. Very limited in other areas. Think any top club was way above his level, he also struggled at Milan.

The only one I am kind of surprised it didn't work out for is Owen. But then again I was a kid back then and didn't understand as much about football.

Toby

But couldn't Real, or whoever, just offer 20 mil to Frankfurt as soon as he became their player? don't think it would be a problem. Nothing to do with Benfica

It's got all to do with Benfica, because up until I think two or three weeks ago he was de facto Benfica's player out on loan to Frankfurt, without the portuguese club having the option to bring him back early. Frankfurt only waited so long to buy him for financial/business reasons.

So any deal before Eintracht actually took the option to buy would have been massively complicated, bordering on impossible, I dare say.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Madrid is a different level, but so I think is Jovic to those player you mentioned.

Firstly I think Higuain and Morientes had alright spells at Real. They didn't really set the world alight, but neither were they absolute top elite strikers. They did fill out their roles fairly well. And with Higuain you could even argue about him being kind of misued and actually being almost elite. He was mostly second option at Real and once he joined another club banged them in until he decided he was ever only going to eat at McDonalds ever again.

Huntelaar was a fox in the box and tap in merchant as they come. Very limited in other areas. Think any top club was way above his level, he also struggled at Milan.

The only one I am kind of surprised it didn't work out for is Owen. But then again I was a kid back then and didn't understand as much about football.

The Owen year was mental, they legitimately had four world class strikers in their squad at that point.

He scored when he got minutes but obviously the other three were always going to play more.

Toby

@yybecause Thought about it again and the only possible option to sign Jovic last year would've been to contact Frankfurt, tell them to activate their option to buy, for which you would pay, and then top that off with a nice fee. Could've been cheaper than 60m. On the other hand there's no reason why Frankfurt would commit to such a deal. They have a stellar talent on their hands, can use him another season, then first sign him for 7m and then sell him for a lot more than 20 or 30m.

yybecause

Formerly known as ArsenaLover
@yybecause Thought about it again and the only possible option to sign Jovic last year would've been to contact Frankfurt, tell them to activate their option to buy, for which you would pay, and then top that off with a nice fee. Could've been cheaper than 60m. On the other hand there's no reason why Frankfurt would commit to such a deal. They have a stellar talent on their hands, can use him another season, then first sign him for 7m and then sell him for a lot more than 20 or 30m.
thats the way I was going with. cheers to Frankfurt, great deal,and a bad business by Real, cause they obviously didn't even know for Luka year ago.

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member

Sorry, they weren't really meant to be direct comparisons, not too sure why I listed them now.

Owen actually did alright at Madrid to be fair, they just didn't fancy him.

benjamin86

Established Member
Wonder where Allegri will go?

I can't think of anywhere obvious, Bayern or PSG maybe, with the Chelsea ban i can't see him there otherwise that would have been my go to.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Allegri want to manage in PL he say that many times but no one of top 6 teams want new manager

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
Allegri want to manage in PL he say that many times but no one of top 6 teams want new manager

Chelsea might, if reports are to be believed that Sarri is getting the sack.

Maybe the third italian is the charm for Roman? Don't think Allegri would come into a Hazard-less, transfer banned Chelsea, tho.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Chelsea might, if reports are to be believed that Sarri is getting the sack.

Maybe the third italian is the charm for Roman? Don't think Allegri would come into a Hazard-less, transfer banned Chelsea, tho.
It'll be really stupid to sack Sarri after he manage to reach his expectations in first season but its Chelsea I'll not be surprised

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
It'll be really stupid to sack Sarri after he manage to reach his expectations in first season but its Chelsea I'll not be surprised

Isn't Sarri is a difficult character, though? Can see Chelsea writing the next season off if the ban is upheald and they sell Hazard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom