• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Unai Emery: Adios

Status
Not open for further replies.

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
No way we get rid of Emery. If Allegri takes a year out then we should be looking at him next season. Depends how Emery does. You don't give Emery a year with a Wenger squad and then bin him. Especially if we win Europa.

Failure to improve in the league next season and not getting passed first Knockout in CL ( if we are in it) would be benchmarks to make a change IMO

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

Blaming the refs in games Arsenal didn't even feature in for missing out on Top 4 - do I get that right?:lol:

Yeah sorry. Livescores had wrong amount of points for Chelsea so that Cardiff game didn't matter for our top4. Tottenham got robbed their 3rd place for the 1 metre offside of Azpi. Such mistakes should not be possible. Great to have VAR next season although it won't solve all the problems because the referees are the same. Of course we could have performed better and get ourselves in top4, it was very close.

drippin

No way we get rid of Emery. If Allegri takes a year out then we should be looking at him next season. Depends how Emery does. You don't give Emery a year with a Wenger squad and then bin him. Especially if we win Europa.

Failure to improve in the league next season and not getting passed first Knockout in CL ( if we are in it) would be benchmarks to make a change IMO

Exactly. Seems people are desperate to get rejects from other teams.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

You know he isn't getting an Emery squad don't you ? Got to make do otherwise we are up the creek .

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
Emery need at least 4-6 more windows before we think about sacking him.

Dude, if he has us playing garbage by end next season then he has to go. Whether he has the players or not.

I want us to play like PSG played under him, as described by Tifo football. We can do that with smart acquisitions.

Dude, if he has us playing garbage by end next season then he has to go. Whether he has the players or not.

I want us to play like PSG played under him, as described by Tifo football. We can do that with smart acquisitions.

People justify his terrible football this season by saying he don't have his players. I think with the transfer fund we are ready to hand him each window he will need 4-6 more windows.

You can't just let Emery build a half a squad, then sack him, get a new manager in, let him build a half of his desired squad and then sack him and we go around and around accomplishing nothing.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
People justify his terrible football this season by saying he don't have his players. I think with the transfer fund we are ready to hand him each window he will need 4-6 more windows.

You can't just let Emery build a half a squad, then sack him, get a new manager in, let him build a half of his desired squad and then sack him and we go around and around accomplishing nothing.

Fair enough. If he doesn't have enough money to bring in players then he would need more windows. But my point remains... you can show some semblance of improvement as soon as next season, provided we give him something to work with.

We dont have to be pulling up trees by end next year, but we need structure. If we are still at this level of not knowing what's up... then I think we need to bring in someone who can give us that structure.

kraphtous

Raul Stanllehi
Allegri is garbage.

Proper farmer.

Sent Juventus to a CL final after Conte’s failures in Europe with the same squad. Rebuilt Juventus after losing the core of Vidal, Pirlo, Tevez. Reached another CL final. Lost Pogba and was just barely knocked out by the winners Real Madrid. All the while completely dominating domestically, which isn‘t as easy as all that considering how Emery, Kovac have fared at similar clubs.

Poverty opinion.

drippin

This makes no sense. You mean he should not get to build a team at all, even half a team, and just sack him straight away? Next manager the same?

This makes no sense. You mean he should not get to build a team at all, even half a team, and just sack him straight away? Next manager the same?

? '

I said in the post you quoted that he need 4-6 window to build his team with the money available to him each window.

drippin

? '

I said in the post you quoted that he need 4-6 window to build his team with the money available to him each window.

Ah, sorry. You weren't in opinion we should sack Emery this season, but want him to be here 4-6 seasons? Seems I remember wrong you complaining about things.

Allegri is a proper manager, not the Spanish Moyes we have right now. CL or not, I seriously cannot stand watching Arsenal's boring, cautious and horrible football. If this football continues, then prepare to watch Arsenal be left behind in the world stage in terms of fanbase.

drippin

Allegri is a proper manager, not the Spanish Moyes we have right now. CL or not, I seriously cannot stand watching Arsenal's boring, cautious and horrible football. If this football continues, then prepare to watch Arsenal be left behind in the world stage in terms of fanbase.

Did you watch Juventus this season? I watched only some UCL games, but here is a reminder from earlier:

Allegri is the exact opposite of attractive exciting football.

He needs 300m budget which he won't get and will still play turgid cowardly unwatchable football. Don't get fooled by the manager of the dominant team in the one team league. He won't bring us PL or CL.

My mate is a lifelong Juve supporter and lost all enjoyment of the game and can't wait to get rid of him. No amount of Scudetto's can compensate. Italian Mourinho he is.

He'll slap the **** out of Mustafi though, send Özil to China and probably will make some of our players cry during half time team talks, so if Emery doesn't sort the team this summer it might still be worth it.

Hleb's Sirush

Established Member
I find difficult to really gauge Allegri. There is no doubt he is a good manager. But is he a great one?

His Cl record is decent but I wouldn't say he over performed. He beat teams with similar or worse squad of players. Only time he came up against teams with better players, the 2 finals he lost (Barca and Real) he came up short.

It's hard to judge him on his domestic record which is brilliant, but again he had by far the best squad in the league. The 2 Milan clubs have been in the wilderness the last few years. Whenever another team showed a genuine sign of challenging Juve they lost their best players and/or manager (Napoli/Roma)

He does know how to set up a defence though. Probably the reason why he his teams are a bit negative. When Wenger left he was my choice to replace him.

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny

The last 2 goals we scored were particularly horrible and stick in my memory.

AMN rinsing the defender and crossing for the third - the horror!!! Then Aubas blast into the roof of the net - a disgrace. My eyes!!! Four away goals in our most important game of the season. The fanbase will be stampeding away, and rightly so :mad:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom