• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

General Reserves Talk

• Thread starter M+D
  • Start date
  • Replies 11,773
  • Views 1,156,734

9jagooner

I think Bielik can play in the Xhaka role for us plus he's better on the ball than Xhaka. I like his mentality and attitude.
He's young too meaning he can develop and get better in terms of positioning.
He's done well on his various loans so far but in league one and in the championship. It'll be nice to see him in preseason.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
He probably looked at Nketiah and that was enough, can't blame him :)

P.S. Do you know how ESR played over the weekend?
Didn't see him play but apparently he got 26 mins and looked OK. I was trying to keep an eye on Hoffenheim while at work but I got bored when it looked like Nelson wasn't coming on and my stream wouldn't load for the Leipzig game.

Good! I think its good losing them on free, freeing up some wages for us to buy some below average player from Switzerland league on 75k per week!

krengon

One Arsène Wenger
Trusted ⭐
Didn't see him play but apparently he got 26 mins and looked OK. I was trying to keep an eye on Hoffenheim while at work but I got bored when it looked like Nelson wasn't coming on and my stream wouldn't load for the Leipzig game.

What do you think happens with Nelson next season btw? I think we should keep him here, our winger situation gives him a real chance to make his claim, if he can take his opportunity he might never look back. A loan is too risky imo.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
What do you think happens with Nelson next season btw? I think we should keep him here, our winger situation gives him a real chance to make his claim, if he can take his opportunity he might never look back. A loan is too risky imo.
He should absolutely stay. I think his loan was ultimately beneficial (although I don't think Nagelsmann used him particularly well in matches personally) and it's about time we gave him a role in our attack. He has qualities that we do not have - acceleration, 1v1 and goalscoring. I could see him getting double figures if given enough of a run.

It all really depends on the transfer market. Not only do we have to bring in a winger or 2, but we absolutely have to sell one or both of Mhkitaryan and Iwobi. I'd opt to keep Iwobi but move him away from the wing positions as I think he's exhausted all the potential he could have in those positions and there's no sign of a real proper breakthrough into being top class as a wide player. Mhki simply must go IMO. I hope he gets a good sendoff by travelling and playing in the EL final (and I hope he plays well) but after that, we should absolutely sell. That leaves plenty of space for not only Nelson but one of Saka/Amaechi aswell.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
I like how Jules developed but there is no way he can get minutes any time soon. We should definitely keep an eye on him for the future.

On the bright side, ESR could take Ramsey's position next year, Saka and Nelson currently have no competition on the wings and Bielik would be absolutely great addition to our midfield

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
I like how Jules developed but there is no way he can get minutes any time soon. We should definitely keep an eye on him for the future.

On the bright side, ESR could take Ramsey's position next year, Saka and Nelson currently have no competition on the wings and Bielik would be absolutely great addition to our midfield
There's an argument to be made for John-Jules being the auxiliary 3rd man while Nketiah cuts his teeth on loan. There's no real rush to loan him out but being so close to first team contention behind Auba/Laca for a season could be a sweetener. I honestly don't expect John-Jules to leave just yet as he has a lot of development to do before he seeks 1st team football, but it's encouraging that he's not content to continue playing U23 football.

I think John-Jules has a good future in the modern game - he's a very capable all-round #9.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
Couple of months ago I've said that we don't fully understand the damage that Emery is doing to the future of this club by ruinning Nketiah's season. Every one of this youngsters knows about the situation with Nketiah and they will learn from it. You give everything you have for u23, you are full of potential and homegrown, injuries to other first team players already happened (Welbz) and you still can't get a single minute.
For Emery it was better to give last 10 minutes to Kolasinac or Elneny when he was taking off Laca or Auba, he was more willing to switch formation to accommodate garbage players rather than giving few meaningless minutes to the youngster.
This approach doesn't reward the effort, but it does reward mediocrity throughout the first team.

I'd like to see Jules in League cup and January loan and that would give him enough motivation next season, but it's not in our hands anymore.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
Anybody knows what's the situation with ESR and Lepzig? Was there an agreement for next season or could we bring him back?
Now that Ramsey is leaving I would love to see him taking his place, but if not, we are going to bring in a new player who will have 5 year contract with us.

What happens with ESR in that case?

Latest posts

Top Bottom