• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mesut Özil: Time to Move Ön?

Do you want Özil sold this summer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

I gotta admit I do feel a tad uncomfortable about one of our star players being so closely associated with a man like Erdogan. I mean everyone's entitled to their own political views but does he have to make it so public?

Maybe he can have a job being Erdogan's right hand man after he's done with football.

Oh_Snap

I gotta admit I do feel a tad uncomfortable about one of our star players being so closely associated with a man like Erdogan. I mean everyone's entitled to their own political views but does he have to make it so public?
Maybe he can have a job being Erdogan's right hand man after he's done with football.

Same. Must also be super uncomfortable for Mkhitaryan. As for his after football life ... i think he's gonna ride that e-sport train.

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes
He's just simply not the brightest light out there. Actually a big chunk of professional footballers are.

I think he just lacks the knowledge and horizont to realize how bad of a man Erdogan is.

Obviously unfortunate that he's a rolemodel for so many kids around, which makes them match his believes, ultimately having false impressions of people like Erdogan themselves..

ptrcopp

Erdogan invits you, you go. Both him and especially his wife are public figures in Turkey, not the greatest time to go against the President of Turkey.

I think this is it.

This kind of thing will be forgotten in Western Europe quite quickly, but since his retirement from the national team (which was understandable imo) this won’t be forgotten east of Greece.

It’s frustrating because otherwise he seems like a decent bloke. But most people in the West don’t really know anything about his dictatorial grabs... and especially in Turkey

It’s not something I think we can have a go at a football player for.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Mesut is Turkish and seem he have good relationship with Erdogan he isn't playing for German national team anymore so he won't care.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Erdogan invits you, you go. Both him and especially his wife are public figures in Turkey, not the greatest time to go against the President of Turkey.
In Britain you can spit on any political leader and you’ll be cheered. Cultural nuances I guess.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
If everyone had that attitude to everything, is there any point in having a forum?
True, I guess. But I've suffered at the hands of bullies in this thread for years; the slights, the sneers... It's hurt me. Made me feel like I'm treading on eggshells. They've emptied this motherf****r now though. Deserted their boy. Bullies are usually spineless like that. ;)

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

Yeah it's a bit of a conundrum , it's very hard to say no in these cases , it mean you area openly against him :lol: don't see Özil being up for that , also he probably has family in Turkey .

Özil does a a lot of social work outside of football anyways. He's not perfect but he's not some A moral ****

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

Yeah it's a bit of a conundrum , it's very hard to say no in these cases , it mean you area openly against him :lol: don't see Özil being up for that , also he probably has family in Turkey .

Özil does a a lot of social work outside of football anyways. He's not perfect but he's not some A moral ****
It's always easy for the keybord warriors to speak out and judge Mesut for dining with Erdogan. It's a completely different story if you are actually standing in his shoes, with his background, his wife's career and her complete family rooted in Turkey. We know the stories of what happens to those who oppose Erdogan.

He's not openly advocating in favor of Erdogan. Doesn't even post about this meeting on his social media, I'm sure he would if he was proud of it, like most athletes do when they meet the head of state.

Jasard

Forum Issue Troubleshooter

Good god it's just all so boring. Just want the club and everyone to move on and save us from the tedium....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom