• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Kostas Manolas

Status
Not open for further replies.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

He is the most experienced good CB we can get for that sum & age without injury worries (have had enough of those in Arsenal). Experience usually means less mistakes. Has been in UCL three times I think. Transfermarkt has his value at 45 millions.

What is the other team interested? I checked sofifa page at one point and someone mentioned Juventus there.

Camron

Photoshop King
Trusted ⭐

Player:Martinelli
All I need to know is how error and injury prone this guy is. Although the physicality and speed of the PL will always remain the real test.

Ramin

Comparing Manolas to Mustafi is laughable. If we signed him he would be our best cb at the club by some distance.

He was wanted by Bayern, Chelsea and Juve for around 50-60 millions (and that was before the Nemar madness) but Roma couldn't afford to sell the guy who carries their defence. To keep hold of Manolas and Nainggolan they sacrificed Salah, Rudiger and Paredes in one window. And the only way to put him on a new contract with their low wage structure was to accept a release clause way below his real value.

If Rudiger is now being considered as Chelsea's best defender then there shouldn't be any concerns over Manolas being able to adapt to the PL. He's no doubt the better defender.
Manolas is strong, clever, experienced, and his pace is world class. He's also a fighter with a very safe injury record.

Yes his form has dipped under Di Francesco but the team as a whole has been dysfunctional with no identity. And being played in a back four alongside a winger who's been converted to a right back with zero defensive ability (Florenzi), a semi retired left back (Kolarov) and the slowest defender on earth (Fazio) as a partner cb in a HIGH LINE DEFENCE hasn't helped either.

A defender of Manolas calibre at that price in that crazy market is a no brainer and I'd be very disappointed if we signed Umtiti over him.

Last edited:

Ramin

'Was wanted' being the keywords there, that was almost 3 seasons ago.

Yeah the big sharks that wanted him have signed other defenders after Roma rejected their offers. He's not playing for Burnley he's Roma's best defender and a fan favourite and he wouldn't leave unless for a top club. Top top clubs look for either an established player at his best form or a promising youngster with massive potential.

No denying his dip in form but it's understandable considering what I've mentioned.
It's not like he's a not proven one season wonder or a player suffered from a serious injury affected his ability and his future in the top level. He's still in his prime not an aging player looking for a last pay day.

Look at Mahrez. Won the league and named pfa player of the year, many top clubs wanted to sign him but Leicester rejected the offers, had a very poor second season and no one wanted him but Roma with a laughable offer, stayed for another season and didn't tear it up, then the best team itl signed him for a club record.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom