• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Non-Arsenal Transfers Thread: Summer 2019

• Thread starter A_G
  • Start date
  • Replies 5,998
  • Views 638,224
Status
Not open for further replies.

simonreq

Where does the animosity come from? Didn't he contribute to their CL wins?
From publicly announcing that he's sick and tired of riding the bench, despite being injured quite a lot.

That's the issue with Bale, good player, but he's very often injured and whenever he comes back, he needs another 3-4 games to get in gear. Once he's in gear he gets injured after 5 games and RM and Bale are back to square one. On top of that, he doesn't give a damn about integrating into the spanish/madrid society and barely speaks a word of spanish (has been confirmed by Marcelo and Courtois :D )

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
On top of that, he doesn't give a damn about integrating into the spanish/madrid society and barely speaks a word of spanish (has been confirmed by Marcelo and Courtois :D )

Yikes. Probably wants Brexit

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes
Saw this in redcafe's transfer section:

Rough translation:
Fernando Burgos tells a phrase of Bale from the dressing room.
"I have 3 years on my contract at 17m net. If they want me to play then fine, or I can play golf."

Hope it's true :lol: :lol: :lol:

Such a dumb thing to say, if true.

I mean, certainly no compassion for Madrid, but wasting your final 3 years for a few millions more being made an outcast .. feel like some people loose sight of what's important in life and are way too focused on money.

I get the argument of somebody opting between 150K or 70K somewhere else, but anything remotely in the spheres of those footballers should be totally irrelevant, with the sole point of decision being where I can play my best football and enjoy life at the fullest.

Any of those guys should be set for life since a long time ago. Anything else is just decadency that does not enrich your life by any means

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member

I mean, certainly no compassion for Madrid, but wasting your final 3 years for a few millions more being made an outcast .. feel like some people loose sight of what's important in life and are way too focused on money.

I get the argument of somebody opting between 150K or 70K somewhere else, but anything remotely in the spheres of those footballers should be totally irrelevant, with the sole point of decision being where I can play my best football and enjoy life at the fullest.

Any of those guys should be set for life since a long time ago. Anything else is just decadency that does not enrich your life by any means

I somewhat agree and get the point you're making BUT if the 600k figure is true.. damn I would sit on that as well..:lol:

I think his situation is somewhat different than anything comparable, with Bale being on 600k p/w any realistic move elsewhere he would probably have to give up half that.

At present Bale could argue he is still a 300k player, there is no way he gets anywhere close to his current wage though if he left, again I get what you are saying, he's already rich but he currently earns double what any club would probably be willing to pay.

If I was Bale I would refuse to leave but be more than open to loan moves to another big club where I still could play and win trophies; Bayern, Juve, PSG maybe even Utd. Would also be happy if Real was to pay me off but I would still want the full amount :lol:

Whoever offered Bale the 600k is an idiot.

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
What are you saying? its of no importance to learn the language so you gel better with your teammates on/off the field?

Or becoming a part of the society you wilfully moved to?

No, it's very inportant

carlito'sway

Established Member
I rate Aulas though, years of bullish behaviour has given him a reputation of someone who will not be easy to negotiate with.

Compare that to Arsenal, a joke club who’ll happily take its underwear off and bend over like a *****.

Agree. The dude is an astute president and is ruthless when he negotiates a sale. He built a great stadium for his club partly from the players sales.
On that note, our own Sylvinho will be the new OL coach. He is joining Juninho who will be the new Sporting Manager there. We have two Arsenal alumnae now coaching in France.

carlito'sway

Established Member
Mbappe has been tapped up Zidane. Must be exciting for him, sadly though he’s owned by the Arabs and he’ll do what they tell him.

According to rumors, Mbappe wants to play CF and basically is pushing Cavani out. He also wants N'Dombele to join and not Allan (supported by Neymar and the Brazilian clan). He seems to have some issues with the Brazilian at PSG.
IMO, PSG should sell him and bring in 3 of 4 top players with that money but I don't see this happening . He, apparently, is becoming
difficult though with an inflated ego.

Toby

No longer a Stuttgart Fan
How many wingers will Dortmund have if they buy Brandt & Hazard? They may sell Sancho soon then

Won't sell Sancho. They have said so and they'd surely want more for him than for Dembele. BvB CEO Watzke: "Everyone knows Jadon will be here next season. That's the way it is, there is no price tag. And because everyone in Europe knows that, no one has contacted us."

He's just extended his contract last October, he's a dead set starter. With how he handled leaving City for Dortmund, then spent a season acclimatizing to break out in his second, I don't get the impression he's someone who is super quick on decisions to leave.

Favre has also pulled Reus centrally to 10, which has left them very thin on the wings. On the right they have Sancho and Wolf, but the latter lacks class and has been turned into a makeshift RB backup. On the left, Maximilian Philipp has struggled with injuries and fallen from Favre's graces. That meant either the teenager Bruun Larsen or jack of all trades Guerreiro playing left winger, which both turned out subpar since the former dropped off in autumn/winter and the latter is still not a proper offensive winger, and he's been linked to Saint-Germain since Tuchel took over.

So if they get Brandt and Hazard, they finally have ample options out wide. Hazard and Bruun Larsen for the left, Sancho and Brandt for the right, with the latter being able to play centrally for Reus, who unfortunately will probably never be able to play a complete season cause of injuries. They will definitely try to not sell any of their wide men, expect for Guerreiro whom they'll probably replace with a proper leftback. Oh, and Philipp is extremely likely to leave, too, of course. Linked to the likes of Gladbach and Stuttgart.

Last edited:

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
According to rumors, Mbappe wants to play CF and basically is pushing Cavani out. He also wants N'Dombele to join and not Allan (supported by Neymar and the Brazilian clan). He seems to have some issues with the Brazilian at PSG.
IMO, PSG should sell him and bring in 3 of 4 top players with that money but I don't see this happening . He, apparently, is becoming
difficult though with an inflated ego.

Everything that's wrong with PSG, basically.

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member
Everything that's wrong with PSG, basically.

So first he casts doubts over his future there and then influences which players to buy?

Any other club would get rid but if Mbappe was to leave they can kiss any small hope they had of winning the CL goodbye.

Neymar - forgot he even existed :lol:

Here is an article on Mbappe's contract leak by Der Spigel;

Mbappé famously operates without an agent, instead leaving his father, Wilfrid, to do his negotiating. After receiving documents from the whistleblower platform Football Leaks, Der Spiegel reviewed the information related to Mbappe’s contract with a network of journalists at the European Investigations Collaboration (EIC).

The article states that Mbappé asked for a contract worth €55 million that would see him become one of the world’s best-paid players. He demanded a €5 million signing bonus and a €50 million salary for the duration of the five-year contract, which the report says PSG accepted.

It then goes on to detail demands from Mbappé’s camp that PSG refused to meet. These include:

• Mbappé reportedly wanted a clause inserted into his deal that would see him automatically become the club’s highest-paid player, even eclipsing Neymar, if he were to win the Ballon d’Or.
  • Mbappé’s father, Wlifrid, reportedly requested permission to attend PSG training sessions
  • Mbappé reportedly wanted the use of a private jet for 50 hours per year. PSG compromised, instead offering stead €30,000 euros per month to fund Mbappé’s personal staff, which includes a butler, a chauffeur and a bodyguard.
  • Mbappé’s family wanted assurances that they would be financially compensated should PSG be banned from the Champions League for breaching FFP (Financial Fair Play) guidelines.
Prior to signing with PSG, the article also reports that Real Madrid had agreed a €180 million transfer with Monaco for Mbappé’s services, but that his father halted the move because he was uncertain his son would be guaranteed game time.

Read the piece in full over at Der Spigel.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

No idea how reliable that is but quite interesting read.

Juan Matas Beard

Pronouns: dat, guy 🫶
Trusted ⭐

How many wingers will Dortmund have if they buy Brandt & Hazard? They may sell Sancho soon then

Just Sancho and Thorgan really.

Brandt plays central these days as a 8, Gotze is a false 9, Reus also is more or less a central player.

Juan Matas Beard

Pronouns: dat, guy 🫶
Trusted ⭐

Doubt this is true if I'm honest, as much as people don't like him here his professionalism should never be questioned. Doesn't seem like that type of guy.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
A-M CL Draft Campeón 🏆
Thomas has a €50m release clause and is open to offers from England.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom