• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Kostas Manolas

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can see why people say he resembles Mustafi's style, but man, physically he's in another league. His size and speed combination are kinda freakish.

He's a proven good CB, and the fact he's already used to play with Sokratis it's a plus.

Dutch D

Well-Known Member & FPL Champion 19/20
Isn't he incredibly error prone? Not too keen on this guy. €36m is quite a lot for a player who has seemingly stagnated (read some analyses of his performances, haven't seen him play). Would much rather we try to get Jonathan Tah or one of the RB Leipzig defenders.

say yes

forum master baiter

Gotta add, if Arsenal sold Mustafi and Chambers, loaned out Mavropanos and brought in Manolas and Saliba, I'd be pretty happy.

Why do people want us to sell Chambers so badly?

He was our best CB in his last full season at the club and has done very well for Fulham this year - albeit in a DM role. He’s also homegrown and can provide decent cover at DM/RB/CB which is useful given our lack of funds.

I’d be ok with selling him if we got a decent offer (he’s not an elite talent and we need the money) but otherwise I’d see it as a positive that he’s back in the squad next season.

albakos

Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you"
Administrator

Player:Saka

Gotta add, if Arsenal sold Mustafi and Chambers, loaned out Mavropanos and brought in Manolas and Saliba, I'd be pretty happy.

Non story if he is under Raiola management.
Raiola is banned from transfer activities for the whole of summer period.

pikey2000

I'd go for him, he's spent a long time in today's standards at Roma and may well just need a refresh in terms of team, coach, location etc to get him back to the player that was so sought after.

The money seems a lot for us, but in this market its not really that much for a CB with proven experience and the fact he already had experience of playing alongisde our other greek CB is a bonus.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
Non story if he is under Raiola management.
Raiola is banned from transfer activities for the whole of summer period.

It’s been said a few times by some other people but there’s ways around it. Deals would be done through intermediaries.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐

He was our best CB in his last full season at the club and has done very well for Fulham this year - albeit in a DM role. He’s also homegrown and can provide decent cover at DM/RB/CB which is useful given our lack of funds.

I’d be ok with selling him if we got a decent offer (he’s not an elite talent and we need the money) but otherwise I’d see it as a positive that he’s back in the squad next season.
To raise funds we aren't selling holding kosh and Sokratis and we badly need quality center back so mustafi and Chambers should be sold unless Chambers stay here to play DM

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

He is slow, lacks agility, he can't recover, he isn't that good on the ball. Quite frankly he is a midtable player. Keeping him would make no sense considering that we can sell him and recoup good money to invest.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

Isn't he incredibly error prone? Not too keen on this guy. €36m is quite a lot for a player who has seemingly stagnated (read some analyses of his performances, haven't seen him play). Would much rather we try to get Jonathan Tah or one of the RB Leipzig defenders.

Are you sure Tah or Red Bull players are cheap? 36 million euros is good price for proven Roma & UCL CB who is going into best years of his career.

People here said Sokratis is too slow, old, error-prone and gone backwards in development. I knew he is very good. Don't know as much about Manolas, but it is very similar to Sokratis situation.

Manolas is best and most experience we can get for the price. Especially if we get him with Europa League to offer. He is UCL level for sure.

I'm pretty sure "incredibly error-prone" player would not start at Roma for many years. That "surplus" thing is very funny. Must make excuses to lose a player with release clause.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Monalas is good CB and vocal too his problem that he can be aggressive at times leave him exposed or out of position (like mustafi) that's my only worry with him

scytheavatar

Established Member

That's the problem, at best he's cover. 4th choice defender. That's the ceiling to his career with us, he'll never be anything more than a Djourou/Senderos level defender. Do you think he will be happy to ride the bench for us next season?

Dutch D

Well-Known Member & FPL Champion 19/20
Are you sure Tah or Red Bull players are cheap? 36 million euros is good price for proven Roma & UCL CB who is going into best years of his career.

People here said Sokratis is too slow, old, error-prone and gone backwards in development. I knew he is very good. Don't know as much about Manolas, but it is very similar to Sokratis situation.

Manolas is best and most experience we can get for the price. Especially if we get him with Europa League to offer. He is UCL level for sure.

I'm pretty sure "error-prone" player would not start at Roma for many years.
I don't know if they are cheap, and I don't think €36m is cheap either. That's similar to the fee we paid for Mustafi. For that price I think we could get other players that are quality. I wouldn't say 'easily the best we can get'. Perhaps Tah, Konate, Orban are in a similar price range. Hell, isn't Umtiti supposed to be around €40m? Quality wise definitely the better player, though I'd steer clear because of his knees.

I actually also like the look of Hermoso or Calero or Djene (purely based on Youtube) as a second CB purchase.

I think Sokratis has been a good buy, and he can still be of value next season. Not sure what the parralel is here. He is significantly cheaper, more experienced and at least I didn't know him as error-prone, which is what I'm reading about Manolas in articles about his performance this season.

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist

Chambers is a good player. He proved that at Fulham this season (albeit as a DM). But I don't think he's really top 6 quality. Sure, he could be a backup. But I think they can get a decent chunk of money out of him from a mid table or lower club and use that toward building up the team. Nothing against Calum. I just think it would be a good business decision and that now would be the right time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom