• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Wilfried Zaha

Status
Not open for further replies.

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

The club have said they need to be clever in the market. Spending £60m on Zaha isn't being clever in the market.

It is if we cover our bases first really. Palacios, Saliba and ACM are all signings that could potentially develop into great players who would sell for very decent prices and are all relatively cheap atm.

Thats a CB, winger and CM for cheap, add on a 36 million Manolas and with a few out goings Zaha may not be impossible.

That's 5 signings, two of which you'd expect to start week in week out.

I do think a Zaha type signing is only happening if we can get quite a bit of money in though, or Palace cut their losses but still remains very unlikely.

Reactions: Jae

scytheavatar

Established Member
Can we just lock this thread already? Crystal Palace is not going to sell him this summer unless some club is dumb enough to pony up stupid money for him.

Jae

Can we just lock this thread already? Crystal Palace is not going to sell him this summer unless some club is dumb enough to pony up stupid money for him.

Yep, blatantly priced him out of a move. Can't say I blame them to be honest.

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

Think we do sign him with CL, Fraser with EL, both PL proven and I think Zaha would be around 50 million.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Getting into CL will be big step if we want to sign Zaha we can offer them money plus player would make them accept specially if his fav club comes in.

Aevi

Hale End FC
Getting into CL will be big step if we want to sign Zaha we can offer them money plus player would make them accept specially if his fav club comes in.
I don't think Zaha is in a position to care tbh. If he wants a step up from Crystal Palace he'll have to take what he gets. We're already his supposed favorite club, that's all the convincing he's gonna need. It's just budget that's the issue here.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
I don't think Zaha is in a position to care tbh. If he wants a step up from Crystal Palace he'll have to take what he gets. We're already his supposed favorite club, that's all the convincing he's gonna need. It's just budget that's the issue here.
Yes i think because with CL our budget will increase and give us bigger chance to sign him. Without CL I don't know unless our budget isn't 40M

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
He's an Arsenal fan. Imagine an attacking Carl Jenkinson, but a Carl Jenkinson with genuine football ability! Zaha alone makes our attack title winning quality. Auba, Laca, Zaha, Mkhi, Özil + about 5 talented youngsters is incredible on paper.

I'd actually sell Özil or Mkhi but regardless the point stands.

We can afford Zaha.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
These players will cost us over 100M and we need to improve the defense unlikely to happen

You're probably right but how much would these players bring in;

Iwobi £20m
Mhki £20m
Mustafi £15m
Chambers £20m
Elneny £10m

These are very conservative estimates and brings in £85m

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
You're probably right but how much would these players bring in;

Iwobi £20m
Mhki £20m
Mustafi £15m
Chambers £20m
Elneny £10m

These are very conservative estimates and brings in £85m

CIES, which is of course imperfect because the market becomes what it becomes, but better than just guessing, would say (conservatively):

Iwobi €50 million
Mkhitaryan €15 million
Mustafi €30 million
Chambers €15 million
Elneny €7 million

That would be roughly £103 million. But I've really seen no indication that they have any plans to move Iwobi.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Which club is going to sign Iwobi? Guy has shown no ability at all to find the final ball or score himself.

Massively unattractive player if on the market, unless you offer him very very cheap to a club - which there is no point doing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom