• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

UEFA Europa League Final: Chelsea v Arsenal | May 29, 2019 20:00 BST | BT Sport

Who will win the Europa League?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

ptrcopp

Y'all either have very selective memories or your standards have been lowered significantly by the mess the defense has been the past two seasons. What I remember is that Gabriel played almost as much as Mertesacker that season and was the target of constant abuse by people who wondered just why the hell Arsenal bought him and why he couldn't learn to speak English. Mertesacker, of course, didn't fare much better because when he played he was criticized for being too slow and past it. Bellerin was known far more for his attacking abilities than his defense. And let us not forget how much Arsenal desperately needed someone in the mold of Vieira in front of them instead of Flamini, Coquelin and then Elneny.

Cech was 4th in total saves that season (after years of being toward the bottom of that category with Chelsea, which had a defense that didn't allow so many shots on goal), led the league in save percentage and in saves per goal conceded. (3.2 in comparison to Szczesny's 2.0 the previous season).

I realize that there are some Arsenal fans who have never been able to accept Petr Cech because he played for Chelsea for so long, but nobody else could possibly think that Cech wasn't an upgrade over the goalkeepers Arsenal had been running out there for years. Y'all are letting your own biases cloud reality.

If that’s what you think of our defenders then I think it is you whose biases are clouding reality

My point was that overall the defence was statistically similar that season as it was the previous seasons.

I repeat, in his second season our defensive record was worse than it had been the previous 4 seasons.

Edit: and Vieira was never a defensive midfielder.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
Would be nice if most of the dressing room want him out and decide to throw the towel in for the game.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Chelsea making Sarri look really s**t I mean with thier squad what did they expect? Hopefully roman leaves them and go where they belong awful club

Jackie_Treehorn

Player:Martinelli
this can't be helpful for their preparations
Regarding all of this Chelsea trickeration - "oh our guys are exhausted for the final, Cech's coming back home next year, fire me now if you really want to..." I feel the need to quote one of the greatest bowlers in American history, Jesus Quintana:
"This is Busch league psyche-out stuff. Laughable, man - ha ha! I would have ****ed you in the ass Saturday. I **** you in the ass next Wednesday instead. Wooo! You got a date Wednesday, baby!"

***I do not endorse rape threats - only the use of humorous quotes to lower message board tensions at times like these.

Jackie_Treehorn

Player:Martinelli
Would be nice if most of the dressing room want him out and decide to throw the towel in for the game.
Nah I'd rather they gave it their best effort and we thumped them. Momentum for next season in our favor. Then we beat Liverpool in the Super Cup.
Delusional? Maybe. But it would be very nice.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Nah, players play for themselves and their team mates in finals. Hazard is the leader of that group, they’ll run through a brick wall for him.

GDeep™

League is very weak
The atmosphere makes the final. If it’s dead next week then that will take the gloss off the night.

A win and a return to the CL is what it’s all about though I guess, no matter how we do it.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Well, I guess the only positive out this is that it will truly be a neutral ground - Surely our away form doesn't matter here, right? :lol:
Wonder if anybody’s worked out if our away form gets worse the further we are from the Emirates. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom