• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Exequiel Palacios

Furious

Emery Gone, Telly Back On
That mentality is short sighted. Its not about names. It is about profile and the skillset they offer.

Milner- Wijnaldum - Henderson got Liverpool to the champions league final. You wouldn't bat an eyelid if that was the Newcastle midfield 3 years ago.

The profile says 3 kids under 22, two of whom play in farmer leagues. I'm sure the idea is nice regarding skillset but would they offer it to the required level? Hell no. Maybe in 5+ years.

That you compare them to Liverpool's midfield is just a joke. 3 internationals with 10+ seasons under their belt between a world class attack and defence. These guys have the experience and know how to dig in.

GDeep™

League is very weak
I’ll be honest, can’t be getting excited with 20 year old players. It’s that age where unless you are Mbappe or Cesc level you’re not ready to consistently perform at a high level.

We can develop them but these South American’s will be off as soon as they’ve made it to a top player.

Rather target a player who is a little older, 23/24, and under the radar. These guys are ready to perform and by the time they want to leave they’ll be pushing 28/29, and might in some cases not even want to leave.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
I’ll be honest, can’t be getting excited with 20 year old players. It’s that age where unless you are Mbappe or Cesc level you’re not ready to consistently perform at a high level.

We can develop them but these South American’s will be off as soon as they’ve made it to a top player.

Rather target a player who is a little older, 23/24, and under the radar. These guys are ready to perform and by the time they want to leave they’ll be pushing 28/29, and might in some cases not even want to leave.
Better than spending 40M on players like mustafi xhaka who not improving let's change the policy and go young again 15m for this guy who just been called up for Argentinian squad seem worth a risk

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

Guendouzi? Not exciting? He faded a bit at the end but he wasn't supposed to play that much yet.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Or spend that money on Ziyech, Tierney, Maddison, Dunk type level players, who’ll all improve us straight away and are ready to perform now.
I would to we go to that route young ready made players depend on that damn budget but we easily afford these names if we want to

GDeep™

League is very weak
Guendouzi? Not exciting? He faded a bit at the end but he wasn't supposed to play that much yet.
Very exciting but makes alot of mistakes too, gets dominated and plays very poorly at times, will take a few years to get consistent. This is my point.

It’s about balance I guess, sign these kids but make sure your team is built around guys who can thought it out right now.

drippin

Or spend that money on Ziyech, Tierney, Maddison, Dunk type level players, who’ll all improve us straight away and are ready to perform now.

It's very likely we don't have money to buy many such players this window.

Maddison & Ziyech are likely 40-60 million with no release clauses or last season on contract.

drippin

Very exciting but makes alot of mistakes too, gets dominated and plays very poorly at times, will take a few years to get consistent. This is my point.

It’s about balance I guess, sign these kids but make sure your team is built around guys who can thought it out right now.

Gets dominated when with Elneny yes. Not much otherwise or if not played too much first season.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Gets dominated when with Elneny yes. Not much otherwise or if not played too much first season.
Don’t blame El Neny, Guendouzi has been poor for most of the latter half of the season.

But here’s the thing, I ****ing love Guendouzi. His dream was to play for Arsenal, he’s a top young footballer, he gets annoyed, he gets angry, shows passion, has a nasty side, and will literally fight for his team mates. This lad has it all.

drippin

Don’t blame El Neny, Guendouzi has been poor for most of the latter half of the season.

But here’s the thing, I ****ing love Guendouzi. His dream was to play for Arsenal, he’s a top young footballer, he gets annoyed, he gets angry, shows passion, has a nasty side, and will literally fight for his team mates. This lad has it all.

Yeah I said both as a reason for it, not blaming but stating a fact that those games were very bad and others with no Elneny were not very bad.

And he should not have had to play so much. Got huge amount of knocks also, like Torreira.

Elneny is clearly worse than Douzi in Emery's view already judged by playing time. And Douzi was our 4th midfielder so the quality drops a lot from 1st-3rd partnering.

Top Bottom